• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Usyk’s even more accomplished than we thought

Saw this on Wikipedia about Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao competed in professional boxing from 1995 to 2021. Regarded by boxing historians as one of the greatest professional boxers of all time,[4] Pacquiao is the only boxer in history to win twelve major world titles in eight different weight divisions.[5] He is also the first boxer in history to win the lineal championship in five different weight divisions,[6][7][8] as well as being the first boxer in history to win major world titles in four of the original eight weight divisions of boxing, also known as the "glamour divisions": flyweight, featherweight, lightweight and welterweight.[9][10]

In July 2019, Pacquiao became the oldest welterweight world champion in history at the age of 40, and the first boxer to become a recognized four-time welterweight champion after defeating Keith Thurman to win the WBA (Super) welterweight title.[11][12][13] Pacquiao also holds the record of being the only boxer to hold world titles in four different decades, in the 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s
Pac does hold a lot of records. Most divisional world titles being his crowning achievement. Oddly enough he was never undisputed champion in any division. Neither was Floyd. They both had the ability to do it many times over but for whatever reason they didn't.

Pac does hold a lot of records. Most divisional world titles being his crowning achievement. Oddly enough he was never undisputed champion in any division. Neither was Floyd. They both had the ability to do it many times over but for whatever reason they didn't.
If you’re undisputed and defend your titles 10 times, you’ve beaten 0 champions.

If you’re not undisputed, every title defense of yours could be against another champion.

That’s how Floyd beat more champions than anyone else in history.

If you’re undisputed and defend your titles 10 times, you’ve beaten 0 champions.

If you’re not undisputed, every title defense of yours could be against another champion.

That's true but I doubt that's why they both didn't look to become undisputed in at least one of the many divisions they fought in. Floyd beat the most titlists but he fought in the three & four-belt eras. There were more titles around than there used to be.

Getting back to the OP. They did announce that Usyk is a former amateur World & Olympic champion (sometimes they only mention the latter). Liev Schreiber walking out with Team Usyk was cool to see. Not sure how they even know each other.

Last edited:

However in order to get belts in division you need to beat some champs. Usyk had wins vs undefeated in pro ranks champions ....
Also underrated stuff is that he did almost all fights in pro ranks on foreign soil...vs tickets sellers.....it is amazing legacy for traveling boxer on the road... real beauty.

However in order to get belts in division you need to beat some champs. Usyk had wins vs undefeated in pro ranks champions ....
Also underrated stuff is that he did almost all fights in pro ranks on foreign soil...vs tickets sellers.....it is amazing legacy for traveling boxer on the road... real beauty.
He also previously agreed to fight Fury at Wembley when he accepted that bullshit 70/30 split. Too bad Fury ruined negotiations. He would've had hometown advantage and in a close fight he may've gotten the decision. I'll bet he's kicking himself in the ass now even if he did make a lot more money fighting Usyk in Saudi.

Getting back to the OP. They did announce that Usyk is a former amateur World & Olympic champion (sometimes they only mention the latter). Liev Schreiber walking out with Team Usyk was cool to see. Not sure how they even know each other.

I thought that was him. I guess he's a big Ukrainian supporter. That's why.

After doing a little research I just discovered something interesting. We've never had a fighter in men's boxing hold World & Olympic titles as an amateur and then go on to become undisputed as a professional. Usyk is the only guy to ever do it. The World Championships were inaugurated in 1974 so this achievement spans the last 50 years of boxing. That's a half-century. Some of the other greats, like Pernell Whitaker, came close but he had to settle for silver at the Worlds. Lomachenko was also very close recently. He would've done it had the Haney decision gone his way.

As an amateur World & Olympic champion, Fighter of the Year (2018), World Boxing Super Series tournament winner (Ali Trophy recipient), and a two-division undisputed champion in the pros, Usyk is one of the most decorated boxers of all-time. There's nothing left for him to win except perhaps Fighter of the Decade. He's reached the pinnacle of both versions of the sport despite turning pro so late.

The full list of undisputed champs is below. It covers the two, three & four-belt eras. I've already verified this but you can independently check their senior level amateur credentials. As you'd expect some of the other undisputed champs dating back to 1974 have won either an Olympic or World title as an amateur—but not both.

List of undisputed world boxing champions

oh right because Lennox Lewis was before wbo was considered a major belt by everyone.

I will argue Usyk is a bit of the products of the time. I wouldn't rate fury as high as some of the 60's 70's and 80's boxers. However some people Sneak Rocky Marciano into the top 10 and Usyk is better than him. Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, both Klitschko's I'd def have Usyk over them. Usyk is probably the best Heavyweight in the last 30-40 years though.

oh right because Lennox Lewis was before wbo was considered a major belt by everyone.
The WBO became recognized by all the other sanctioning bodies in 2007. So, yes, Lewis became undisputed as a pro in the three-belt era. I count all the way back to the two-belt era though. What Lewis never won was the senior Worlds as an amateur. He only ever won the junior Worlds. At the 1986 World Championships he lost to a Bulgarian.
Lewis.png

Last edited:
"Happy New Year" - Tyson Fury

yeah wtf was that. Honestly the way Fury rag dolled on the KD was concerning and this.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted that as follows:

Tyson and Usyk were scheduled to fight in February, prior to Tysons cut causing a postponement, so both guys would have been in camp thru the holidays and as such have had to essentially give up their Christmas and New Years for training.

Now with the match on the books, Tyson and Usyk can celebrate the New Year because the fight is done.

Maybe there is a better explanation, or maybe it was just the ramblings of a man who was knocked out on his feet 20 minutes earlier, but that was what I thought he meant by that, somewhat odd comment.

how many belts was Louis defending?

Its simply not possible to not only fight that many times in todays climate, it wouldnt be allowed by the governing bodies and sanctioning people, boxing was a lot different back then and to ignore that is complete ignorance on your part
There was only one real belt back then

Joe was 27-1 in Championship fights.
Usyk is 23-0 in his entire pro career.

Come on with this shit.
You guys did the same thing with Loma.
We just wiping away giant legacies now?

Era norms will always change but this is pretty significant-27-1 Championship fights -Damn. Still give Usyk huge props as an altime CW/HW Southpaw great

He also previously agreed to fight Fury at Wembley when he accepted that bullshit 70/30 split. Too bad Fury ruined negotiations. He would've had hometown advantage and in a close fight he may've gotten the decision. I'll bet he's kicking himself in the ass now even if he did make a lot more money fighting Usyk in Saudi.
He had agreed to fight in U.K vs Bellew for all CW titles he had...for Undisputed.
He had enough respect In RIX thus far that Briedis ( then in prime shape ) did not had real intent to wrestlefuck Usyk in order not to get been hated by his own fans.....
Bellew had vacated his CW title when get that he will have next fight vs then in prime shape " hungry " Briedis....

Back