• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Usyk’s even more accomplished than we thought

and the fight before a close win against someone who had never boxed before

Fury fans do make me laugh
W is a W

We know he didnt even take the fight seriously, but don't let that get in the way of the truth of the matter

Btw - I'm a much bigger fan of Usyk than Fury lmao

Btw - I'm a much bigger fan of Usyk than Fury lmao
This is registering a 10 on my bullshit meter. Weren't you the guy that came into my thread here and spoke of people "blowing Usyk" or whatever? Bear in mind he just won the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world. He did this as a natural cruiserweight. We haven't had an undisputed heavyweight king in a quarter century and you find it irritating that he's being praised only a few days after accomplishing such a historic feat? Such fandom. You sound absolutely elated that he beat Fury.

This is registering a 10 on my bullshit meter. Weren't you the guy that came into my thread here and spoke of people "blowing Usyk" or whatever? Bear in mind he just won the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world. He did this as a natural cruiserweight. We haven't had an undisputed heavyweight king in a quarter century and you find it irritating that he's being praised only a few days after accomplishing such a historic feat? Such fandom. You sound absolutely elated that he beat Fury.
Yes, and it was an amazing accomplishment and great fight. It was closely contested and it was awesome to watch. It can be a historic and awesome feat, that doesn't make Usyk the GOAT or best HW since the 90s or whatever bullshit you'll try to pedal. It might be too fucking much for you since you like the "you're only as good as your last fight" garbage. Muhammad Ali sucks according to your "logic." So does almost every other boxer who didnt go out on top.

Yes, and it was an amazing accomplishment and great fight. It was closely contested and it was awesome to watch. It can be a historic and awesome feat, that doesn't make Usyk the GOAT or best HW since the 90s or whatever bullshit you'll try to pedal. It might be too fucking much for you since you like the "you're only as good as your last fight" garbage. Muhammad Ali sucks according to your "logic." So does almost every other boxer who didnt go out on top.
Who said he was the GOAT or the best heavyweight since the 90s? It's funny that you're already having to resort to straw man fallacies. BTW that "only as good as your last fight" logic isn't mine. It's just fan sentiment. Ali is the actual heavyweight GOAT so nobody would say that about him. The logic only applies to active fighters and not retired (in this case deceased) ATGs. Fury isn't an ATG. That much is clear.

how many belts was Louis defending?

Its simply not possible to not only fight that many times in todays climate, it wouldnt be allowed by the governing bodies and sanctioning people, boxing was a lot different back then and to ignore that is complete ignorance on your part
?

He was defending the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship.

Its a shame Ukraine hasn’t managed to have the same success in Mma apart from Nikita Krylov who might consider himself more Russian and Yaroslav Amosov who lost recently to a guy even Colby Soyvington managed to beat. Give them time i suppose

Who said he was the GOAT or the best heavyweight since the 90s? It's funny that you're already having to resort to straw man fallacies. BTW that "only as good as your last fight" logic isn't mine. It's just fan sentiment. Ali is the actual heavyweight GOAT so nobody would say that about him. The logic only applies to active fighters and not retired (in this case deceased) ATGs. Fury isn't an ATG. That much is clear.
Keep up with the original quotes bud

The Eastern Europeans have a huge advantage in this area because they approach their amateur careers as though it was their full time profession pretty much. That’s why they’re already fighting for world titles 4-5 fights into their professional careers. A few young and talented American boxers should take a page from them and keep fighting amateur well into their twenties and focus on world championships and Olympic gold. It will make them much better professionals. The fact that an American man hasn’t won an Olympic gold medal in boxing in 20 yrs should be downright scandalous.
I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Someone like Lomachenko would have built a much better legacy in pro boxing, and earned a lot more money, if he transitioned earlier instead of doing another full Olympic cycle. Folks like Beterbiev and Bivol have only recently started earning real money and being talked about as generational greats, who knows how long until they start declining.

It usually takes many years to build a name in pro boxing, even people like Pacquaio or Mayweather worked for like a decade till they hit A+ status.

So you made it up then. Of course you did.
Look at what the initial discussion was about. Holy fuck, you come in and make up irrelevant points then decide its a strawman because you can't keep the premise in tact. Why the hell would I move off of an unresolved discussion point? Which btw, is Usyk is ATG HW post Lennox/Holyfield/Tyson. Do you just want to make up arguments so you can cherry pick what is applicable and what isnt? If so, fuck off and have a good day.

Look at what the initial discussion was about. Holy fuck, you come in and make up irrelevant points then decide its a strawman because you can't keep the premise in tact. Why the hell would I move off of an unresolved discussion point? Which btw, is Usyk is ATG HW post Lennox/Holyfield. Do you just want to make up arguments so you can cherry pick what is applicable and what isnt? If so, fuck off and have a good day.
Guy, this is my thread. I created the "original discussion" so yeah. It never had anything to do with Usyk having GOAT status or being the best heavy since the 90s. He's not. You're the one that mentioned it and tried to attach it to me. I don't rate Usyk in the Top 10 all-time because he's only had 6 fights at heavyweight. Not a large enough body of work.

Guy, this is my thread. I created the "original discussion" so yeah. It never had anything to do with Usyk having GOAT status or being the best heavy since the 90s. He's not. You're the one that mentioned it and tried to attach it to me. I don't rate Usyk in the Top 10 all-time because he's only had 6 fights at heavyweight. Not a large enough body of work.
tenor.gif

Then we're in agreement this entire fucking time

How about you go to page 1 and actually read the first post in this thread. Don't even bother posting back until you've fully read and can comprehend it. Your "contributions" here aren't valuable. They've been worthless. This thread wasn't created to rate Usyk in any division or overall. I tend to leave that to the historians.

How about you go to page 1 and actually read the first post in this thread. Don't even bother posting back until you've fully read and can comprehend it. Your "contributions" here aren't valuable. They've been worthless. This thread wasn't created to rate Usyk in any division or overall. I tend to leave that to the historians.
Or, hear me out, you could just take the L

Pacman isnt top 10 ever either

next

I do think Usyk is one of the best fighters of the last 6 years.
Why should a fighter whose career includes accomplishments in multiple weight classes be evaluated solely on his accomplishments in one specific weight class is the question. Any answer to that?

Saw this on Wikipedia about Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao competed in professional boxing from 1995 to 2021. Regarded by boxing historians as one of the greatest professional boxers of all time,[4] Pacquiao is the only boxer in history to win twelve major world titles in eight different weight divisions.[5] He is also the first boxer in history to win the lineal championship in five different weight divisions,[6][7][8] as well as being the first boxer in history to win major world titles in four of the original eight weight divisions of boxing, also known as the "glamour divisions": flyweight, featherweight, lightweight and welterweight.[9][10]

In July 2019, Pacquiao became the oldest welterweight world champion in history at the age of 40, and the first boxer to become a recognized four-time welterweight champion after defeating Keith Thurman to win the WBA (Super) welterweight title.[11][12][13] Pacquiao also holds the record of being the only boxer to hold world titles in four different decades, in the 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s

No, we really fucking don't. If he gets KO'd twice in a row by Fury or loses convincingly all this Usyk blowing goes away. As it stands, Fury is the best HW of the era, even with a loss to Usyk. He's the one who dethroned Wlad, he's the man everyone had to get to. Not Usyk. It's so infuriating reading shit like this because I am a huge Usyk fan and people are losing their minds over this.
Usyk's credentials speak for themselves. Lmao at "blowing" him. You're no fan, cut the crap.
Usyk has a better heavyweight resume than Fury's entire HW career in only a few years. All while
-Being a division smaller
-Dominating CW & arguably the GOAT at that weight
-And fighting in a war.

No Fury isn't this era's GOAT Beating an over the hill washed Wlad in an ugly unwatchable shit show then running from the rematch into inactivity......going life and death with Wilder....then life & death with 0 pro fight Ngannou...all while getting dropped 8 times and fighting B level competition .....all while avoiding the other best HW in his own country.....all while not being active due to drugs & alcohol....all while popping for tainted wild pig meat.....

I will say maybe up until Usyk, yeah he ruled this weak stagnant division. But now that the division is strong again Usyk has eclipsed him in resume and face to fkn face. The young contenders have fought eachother. AJ has beat his fair share of them. And the guys who have beat them.

Wlad looked better in the AJ fight than when he fought Fury. AJ proved he was better than an old end of his career Wlad.

Wilder & AJ are arguably interchangeable for resume points. With their stock always going back and forth based on their last fights. As of right now AJ has a much higher stock and seems like a better win than Wilder. Especially an AJ that can easily handle the Joseph Parker that beat up Wilder.

So other than an over the hill Wlad & beating a severely flawed Wilder 2 times. What the fook has Fury done in his over a decade to be a "GOAT??????"

Back