Usman's Striking

3rdAccount

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been rewatching some of Usman's fights and I think Usman is very susceptible to uppercuts and straight punches. Colby was able to land several uppercuts and Usman left himself open to getting knee'd by Burns. Also, I do think he's a little stiff in his movements. Anyways, what flaws do you see in Usman's striking? I do think he's one of the most complete fighters in UFC right now and I want to know what his future opponents can exploit on.

I can't but help imagine if K1 Hughes were still around!

WW division turned upside down.

I can't but help imagine if K1 Hughes were still around!

WW division turned upside down.
I think if Usman were to fight Whittaker, Whittaker's style will exploit Usman's weakness. He'd have a hard time landing his right hand against Whittaker's quick straight jab and a kick. It's too bad he can't come down to WW anymore.

I think if Usman were to fight Whittaker, Whittaker's style will exploit Usman's weakness. He'd have a hard time landing his right hand against Whittaker's quick straight jab and a kick
Whitaker is another weight class above isnt he?

All Usman does now is baptisms and confirmations:

9ARiLG7.gif

Next fight is going to be a confirmation of Colby

No. I'm trying to have a discussion but you came in here with a lame post thinking you are funny. Discussing about what flaws a champion has is what is encouraged here. Go ownage someone else.
Yeah, keep projecting, you did the same thing here: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...sman-to-fight-edwards.4189823/#post-165185704
and you got called out on it in another thread pointing out your history of douchebaggery here: https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/165185851/

Trying to have a conversation my ass...

Yeah, keep projecting, you did the same thing here: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...sman-to-fight-edwards.4189823/#post-165185704
and you got called out on it in another thread pointing out your history of douchebaggery here: https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/165185851/

Trying to have a conversation my ass...
What did I do wrong on those? I called out two idiots who just repeated "Usman won." That's a prerequisite knowledge if you are gonna comment on a thread about the rematch. Keep digging my profie, I have never discredited Usman's skills once. In fact, I acknowledged him. Maybe you need to upgrade your ownaging skills.

Last edited:
What did I do wrong on those? I called out two idiots who just repeated "Usman won." That's a prerequisite knowledge if you are gonna comment on a thread about the rematch. Keep digging my profie, I have never discredited Usman's skills once. In fact, I acknowledged him. You've been here since 2006 so I assume you are in your mid 30s or 40s. Maybe you need to upgrade your ownaging skills.
Don't worry not trying to upgrade anything, I only sometimes put morons in their place. Keep on complaining about other people's benign posts instead of having the conversation you purportedly only interested in.

Usman is stiff yes, because of his bad knees. That is exploitable but do fighters want to get into his space and trade with him though? because Usman will sit on his punches and he has the reach advantage. Colby tried, Burns tried, Mas who is faster and more technical on the feet than those two tried.
True. If only Mas had good wrestling. I think he has a good head movement and can get in Usman's space.

Don't worry not trying to upgrade anything, I only sometimes put morons in their place. Keep on complaining about other people's benign posts instead of having the conversation you purportedly only interested in.
You didn't put anyone in their place. All you proved was you got salty because I thought you weren't funny at all so you dug through my recent activity.

You didn't put anyone in their place. All you proved was you got salty because I thought you weren't funny at all so you dug through my recent activity.
lol, all I proved is you're salty when someone post anything positive about a fighter your don't like.

Yeah, he's not a hooker so he's got vulnerabilities there.

I think he'd have a hard time with a Frankie Edgar type fighter who was his own size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back