• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Usman looked like he thought he won, Edwards looked unsure and was praying

Fighters almost always think they won. Knowing you were deducted a point (aka the only definitive indication of scoring given before the actual decision) has got to weigh on your mind

You do know that body language is completely BS and pseudoscience.
Also celebrating a decision win is similar to a fighter winning by KO and celebrating.

all of these body language bs has to stop.

Except MMA is like 90% based on body language.... you are constantly trying to predict what your opponent is going to do based on their body and making reads based on their body.

Is it 100% accurate? Of course not, sometimes you guess a low kick is coming because your opponent picked up their feet, but instead they do a superman punch.

This isn't about who won, this is about who thinks they won when the scorecards were being read.
Yes, let's analyze body posture
The dude literally said he 100% thought he won
Is he lying? He clearly won too, so why would he lie
Again, are you retarded?

So? Usman was wrong. His losses to Edwards (2) are almost as many as his opponents he defended against (3).

Except MMA is like 90% based on body language.... you are constantly trying to predict what your opponent is going to do based on their body and making reads based on their body.

Is it 100% accurate? Of course not, sometimes you guess a low kick is coming because your opponent picked up their feet, but instead they do a superman punch.

Um, no, it's not, and even when you are doing that, you're feinting, faking and trying to make them react in the wrong way because again, body language is silly pseudo science.

Yes, let's analyze body posture
The dude literally said he 100% thought he won
Is he lying? He clearly won too, so why would he lie
Again, are you retarded?

Has anyone ever said they thought they lost?

There is no way Leon thought 100% he won. If in that moment when the scorecards were being read, I went and offered to pay Leon 100 dollars if he won, but he has to pay me 100,000 if he lost, I doubt he'd take that bet, cause he's not 100% sure.

Right so a person that’s incredible and the best at “reading” body language will be a champion? If 90% of MMA is body language then all you have to be is the best a reading it…
Think this through.

There is no way Leon thought 100% he won. If in that moment when the scorecards were being read, I went and offered to pay Leon 100 dollars if he won, but he has to pay me 100,000 if he lost, I doubt he'd take that bet, cause he's not 100% sure.
<BidenShutIt>

Bro, just stop.

So? Usman was wrong. His losses to Edwards (2) are almost as many as his opponents he defended against (3).

Um, no, it's not, and even when you are doing that, you're feinting, faking and trying to make them react in the wrong way because again, body language is silly pseudo science.

Pseudo science is better than blind guessing. Pseudo science usually just means it's not accurate enough to be science, but it can still be more accurate than predicting with no information.

If I asked you, take a guess on what emotional state person A is in, do you think you can more accurate guess their emotional state by being able to look at their facial/body expressions, or do you think you can make a guess just as accurate by not seeing the person?

You’re new to MMA so I’ll give you a pass. Watch Rampage vs Ninja Rua

The more surprising thing was they both looked so gassed for such a slow fight.

Pseudo science is better than blind guessing. Pseudo science usually just means it's not accurate enough to be science, but it can still be more accurate than predicting with no information.

If I asked you, take a guess on what emotional state person A is in, do you think you can more accurate guess their emotional state by being able to look at their facial/body expressions, or do you think you can make a guess just as accurate by not seeing the person?

I would in no way shape or form be able to tell if someone was angry or just trying to make me think they were angry.

Just like we have no idea if Usman thought he won or was putting on a show for the judges to try to sway them

If body language and facial expressions count, O'Malley would have lost 30-27 30-27 and 30-27 to Yan.

Back