Using Jones Eye pokes to your advantage

There's a lot of pressure from the fans and promoters not to say you can't continue, but if you tell the doctor you can't see its either an nc or a win via dq depending on the circumstances. Most fighters are too proud but fuck it.

but in this instance I think it is the only available countermove

wrong. even though not a counter-move... someone could poke Jones preemptively. someone should. and HARD. blind him at the cost of forfeiting a point. then go on to TKO a blind man. that's how you use eye pokes to your advantage

Jon Jones - mastered the art of accidental eye pokes.

And he's damn proud of it.

Enough with this eyepokes garbage. Every time I turn around there's another post about it.

Fuck no. I'd rather see Jones go undefeated for 50 fights while eye-poking every single opponent.

So you'd like to see Jones cheat against 50 guys and win than see one guy gimp Jones cheating and win once?

I've won fights with that technique.

If Jones poked an opponent and the ref took a point, could the opponent just say he can't continue and win a DQ right there?

Enough attention has been brought to Jones's use of extended fingers and eye pokes that SOMETHING should be done in his next fight. If not, then every fighter should use the same tactic and blind their opponent.

If you fake an eye poke & the replay shows that you clearly did not get poked, that could turn the crowd against you & cause the ref to look at you as a liar. Then ref may not even pause the fight for you if you really get poked and the other guy will be beating you down cause the ref think you crying wolf again! Def a risky gamble!

Last edited:
If you fake an eye poke & the replay shows that you clearly did not get poked, that could turn the crowd against you & cause the ref to look at you as a liar. Then ref may not even pause the fight for you if you really get poked and the other guy will be beating you down cause the ref think you crying wolf again! Def a risky gamble!

I don't think you need to full on scream and grab your eye ball, just let it be known he's getting in there.

WHat I would do is put my hand up in an obvious defenseless position so Jon and the ref knows something is wrong. Then I'd squint and blink a lot while rubbing my eye. You'd definitely be able to sell it, especially with Jon constantly raking his opponents eyes.

I'd walk it off and when the ref asked if I can see, I'd say "yeah", then we'd start fighting again.

I'd do that every time he'd put his hand on my face for more than 4-5 seconds.

both fighters should fight with hands open, raking and scratching at each other, and it'll be the new breed of competitive striking.

To beat Jones, you must become him.

First you must get your fingers in Jones' eye, ideally both eyes, with an open handed pawing motion. Keep those fingers rigid!

When he recoils in pain, this is your chance to get an oblique kick to the knees. This will cause Jones to tilt his head forward.

With his head tilted forward, this is the perfect time to throw a spinning back elbow into his brain stem. After he is out, you may choose to check on him to get some fans.

To beat Jones, you must become him.

First you must get your fingers in Jones' eye, ideally both eyes, with an open handed pawing motion. Keep those fingers rigid!

When he recoils in pain, this is your chance to get an oblique kick to the knees. This will cause Jones to tilt his head forward.

With his head tilted forward, this is the perfect time to throw a spinning back elbow into his brain stem. After he is out, you may choose to check on him to get some fans.

Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back