Using Jones Eye pokes to your advantage

pwill

White Belt
Reaction score
I feel like a fighter that is shrewd enough will take advantage of the eyepokes, pretend he is really hurt multiple times and get points deducted from Jones, I think that is the only way it will stop

fighters don't want to pretend they are hurt out of pride but in this instance I think it is the only available countermove

Depends on the ref though, some crap refs let him get away with it all the time

as cowardly as it sounds I like the idea as I hate how he employs that strategy

Matt Hamill laid the ground work for the game plan to beat Jones.

I feel like a fighter that is shrewd enough will take advantage of the eyepokes, pretend he is really hurt multiple times and get points deducted from Jones, I think that is the only way it will stop

fighters don't want to pretend they are hurt out of pride but in this instance I think it is the only available countermove

Absolutely agree.

Honestly I'd just say I can't continue and win by DQ, and I'd hope everyone after me would keep doing it until he stopped. He can have the belt if he wants, and a 20-15 record with 14 DQs for eyepoking.

mcr-102-app.jpg

I find it funny sometimes and weird what the anti-jones camp are doing!!

I'm talking about posting 100 pics where jones face palm opponents and then turn it to eyepoke propoganda tactics but sadly it is not working.. i can do that with every UFC fighter on the roster...

Okay do it. One for each fighter. Aaaaaaaaaaand go.

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that Jones' striking coach (Winklejohn) had an eye completely destroyed from a toe nail on a kick that missed the pads that he was holding???

You'd think that of all people, Winklejohn would be uniquely qualified to explain to Jones why eye pokes are dangerous, unsportsmanlike, and unethical. He should tell him to cut that shit out before someone gets hurt.

I find it funny sometimes and weird what the anti-jones camp are doing!!

I'm talking about posting 100 pics where jones face palm opponents and then turn it to eyepoke propoganda tactics but sadly it is not working.. i can do that with every UFC fighter on the roster...

There's always this guy.

I agree with TS and have suggested that the opponent yell "HEEEEEEEEY!!" or "OHMYGOOOOOOD!" or "NOOOOOOOO, NOT THE EYES!!" everytime Jones gets anywhere near the eyes.

It doesn't even have to be a full on injury fake - just make a stink everytime the fingers are near the eyes.

No fucking need to be all stoic and "if I lose an eye, I lose an eye" about it.

Not soccer, they use video footage to check the (at least a dq) in mma

its risky because if the ref doesn't break the action then the faker might get pounded into oblivion

Back