Economy Use Cash sherbros

J_C

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Long story short use cash as much as possible. If everything goes digital/card, ppl wont be able to trade with out access to the grid/system. Think it could easily be used as leverage against ppl who have opinions outside of the overton windows or who dont comply with silly laws.

Plus, it makes it easier for drug dealers
when i was younger was naively "leagalize everything", but ya do agree there are some obv. neg aspects to cash, such as it can be used for crime more easily and inconvience of carrying/counting paper n coins.

I always use cash, however soon that won't be legal tender.
The financial system is going to crash, it's was designed that way and unfortunately we are living when it is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprized if everyone loses all their saving in the banks. It's getting harder and harder to get cash from the banks as it is. When you try to get a few thousand out you're asked, 'why, what for!'
We will be told it happend because of a cyber-attack, no doubt.

Digital currency will be surveillable and programmable. Say or do the 'wrong' thing in the real world or online and you money can then be frozen. That type of thing is already happening to some people.
Plus of course, those nasty, dirty, bank notes and coins are just covered in germs and 'viruses.'

Long story short use cash as much as possible. If everything goes digital/card, ppl wont be able to trade with out access to the grid/system. Think it could easily be used as leverage against ppl who have opinions outside of the overton windows or who dont comply with silly laws.
You do need some cash for sure.

Here in Australia, we have two main mobile networks (Telstra & Optus). Both of them have had outages for a day or less.

Since NBN (National Broadband Network) has been rolled out, the small Eftpos machines in shops now have to run via a mobile network & not through the copper lines.

If a network goes down that your connected through, you have no internet or calls on your phone & if you try to use your card on a machine on the downed network, then that won't work. Your only option then is cash.

If we switch to a cashless system, cash would become worthless. Why store it in that case? You might have it but no one else will want it in return for something.

In any situation where digital access to funds is lost, cash will also be worthless. Ammunition will be the most valuable asset

There's a couple of shops in my area ran by what could be best described as some sort of leftist, vegan, smug pseudo-intelligentsia who pride themselves on not accepting cash because "It's the future" or there might be Invisible Dots of Doom™ (Coof) on it. Like using cards only and having every transaction you make tracked represents some sort of bright, beautiful future in their deranged little heads. If you want to end up in the future of Huxley or Orwell, maybe.

So even if it’s true that “they” will block people from money access for opinions

How does going cash help? You still need a debit card, which they know is yours, to get cash out of an ATM from your checking account (which they know is yours) so they can still block you out. It’s not like your employer is going to pay you in cash upon request. It’ll still be a directe deposit to a checking account.

Canada did this during the trucker protests without digital currency.

Y’all don’t realize our money system is already digital so I don’t get this fear of becoming digital

So even if it’s true that “they” will block people from money access for opinions

How does going cash help? You still need a debit card, which they know is yours, to get cash out of an ATM from your checking account (which they know is yours) so they can still block you out. It’s not like your employer is going to pay you in cash upon request. It’ll still be a directe deposit to a checking account.

Y’all don’t realize our money system is already digital so I don’t get this fear of becoming digital

Things don't really work that way. Power needs to keep the illusion of democracy. If a change is done too suddenly, people will end up on the streets in protest. They always need to boiling frog you into the desired endgoal. They can't start blocking people from their bank accounts willy nilly, even if they could on paper.

What governments have been doing with cash is that they portray a cashless society as being the future and inevitable, there's a whole propaganda campaign around it. As people get used to only using debit and credit, cental banks have been slowly removing cash from circulation, gov. has been enacting very low withdrawal limits (.e.g. Australia capped at $200), shutting down ATM and physical branches of banks en masse to make withdrawals inconvenient, etc. This is only possible because the Australian public doesn't use cash very much. They would love to do something like that in the US, but they can't because cash use is too high. The more a citizenry uses cash, the harder and slower it is to roll out the desired sequence of events.

CBDCs streamline the tyranny

Always carry cash for tipping and such, but cards for most purchasing.

If shit goes tits up, ain't no gold or valuables going to help the vast majority anyway. You will need to adapt or die, so I am not going to worry about it too much now.

Back