USADA not doing enough to police IV ban

well they can, but not solely off the back of the test for phthalates, needs other corroborating evidence

Okay, I understand this. So in situations like in the OP why was nothing done about it? Do you have a possible legit explanation?

Okay, I understand this. So in situations like in the OP why was nothing done about it? Do you have a possible legit explanation?

well Lochte was banned, and we dont know what happened with Costa

Out of all things enforced by anti doping. This is one of the dumbest.

why?

you realise that IV's are the most common method used for masking PED use? that is why they are prohibited

u cant do anything about a video. u just cant. its not enough evidence. he can claim he staged a bag of water running into a piece of tape around his arm. or that it wasnt him. or a million other things

u cant do anything about a video. u just cant. its not enough evidence. he can claim he staged a bag of water running into a piece of tape around his arm. or that it wasnt him. or a million other things

This was my thinking. Because why would an athlete and his obviously complicit team film that if it was real? Filming your own crimes usually doesn’t go well.

I don’t see how a video would be proof. But @-Dim- is far more learned than myself, on this topic. And he mentioned it, so I’m curious if there is something I iust don’t know. I’m covering all the bases.

as usual, the first response nails it.

Stupid ban.

Because it stops athletes from competing at there best.
Also, not cutting massive and unsafe amounts of water weight would also help them perform much better than any IV rehydration ever would.

Also, not cutting massive and unsafe amounts of water weight would also help them perform much better than any IV rehydration ever would.

Or maybe perhaps they should add more weight classes if that's your opinion on the topic.

Without putting people under 24 hour surveillance there is not a lot they could do. And anyways it only throws drug tests off I think if it’s done within like 2 hours or so of the test

Stupid to ban them in the first place.

Not if you're serious about cracking down on blood doping. Plasticides from the IV bags are basically the only way to catch blood dopers.

Either you want zero tolerance for PEDs or you don't.

This was my thinking. Because why would an athlete and his obviously complicit team film that if it was real? Filming your own crimes usually doesn’t go well.

I don’t see how a video would be proof. But @-Dim- is far more learned than myself, on this topic. And he mentioned it, so I’m curious if there is something I iust don’t know. I’m covering all the bases.
im with ya. i dont even think usada investigated him or anything. i mean, do we even know its him, not his cousin Cletus?

Maybe Costa pissed someone off, maybe someone is jealous of him, maybe he fucked someone's girlfriend and that was revenge. All of those are more likely scenarios then what that above poster said about Costa injecting fluids into a piece of tape on his arm. Like really?

How is video evidence NOT proof? If there's a video of me committing a murder, is that video not proof? If I'm caught on camera stealing from a store, is that video not proof? Dismissing actual tangible evidence of wrong doing as "not proof" is ridiculous. If it was word of mouth or verbal claims, then sure. But actual physical evidence? C'mon now.

The IV ban is a joke. If nothing in the IV bag is a banned substance, the the method of administration or ingestion should be irrelevant. Are B12 injections banned, I have no idea asking question if anyone knows.

There should be no IV ban. It's a safe way to rehydrate.

as usual, the first response nails it.

Stupid ban.
Yes, but wasn't one of the reasoning behind the ban the fact that someone could use blood bags and just claim that he just used a legal IV to rehydrate if they found microplastic particles in his blood?

The IV ban is a joke. If nothing in the IV bag is a banned substance, the the method of administration or ingestion should be irrelevant. Are B12 injections banned, I have no idea asking question if anyone knows.

the point is, the iv is used to mask blood doping or to mess with urinary test results.

pure water in the iv can still be used to mask ped's

Back