US Government Shutdown V2 Here We Go Again...

Live feed on senate floor

Not live...

Yawn...

More grandstanding, wasting time and money, DC has gotten too partisan, too many lobbyists and ZERO compromise.

Oh well, shut her down, we’ll survive

Yawn...

More grandstanding, wasting time and money, DC has gotten too partisan, too many lobbyists and ZERO compromise.

Oh well, shut her down, we’ll survive

Deficit spending is one of the few things there has been bipartisanship. The difference is the GOP ran against it for the past 8 years and now with the House, Senate, and WH, they want a trillion dollar deficit.

A senator just brought up Rand voted yes on the tax bill just a couple months ago.

So it seems the house freedom caucus is worried about more spending but have no problem if it goes towards the military.

On one hand they hate the idea of a larger government but on the other they don’t mind if the money is given to grow the military.

Confusing I know

A senator just brought up Rand voted yes on the tax bill just a couple months ago.

Wait, so you're telling me Rand Paul is a con man with fake principles who sits on the fence because he likes the way it makes his balls feel? No way......

So it seems the house freedom caucus is worried about more spending but have no problem if it goes towards the military.

On one hand they hate the idea of a larger government but on the other they don’t mind if the money is given to grow the military.

Confusing I know

We could cut military spending in half and still have the largest military budget in the world. Preserving institutions is becoming far more important today than warfare with nuclear powers.

We could cut military spending in half and still have the largest military budget in the world. Preserving institutions is becoming far more important today than warfare with nuclear powers.

You don’t have to tell me Lead. I’m just going off what the house freedom caucus is saying and I also reported that from Fox News.

They don’t want a bigger government but don’t mind if the government is getting bigger if it goes to the military.

I’m very confused by them and Rand Paul today. I don’t understand what they’re even talking about. Their actions contradict their words.

Wait, so you're telling me Rand Paul is a con man with fake principles who sits on the fence because he likes the way it makes his balls feel? No way......

I believe he does want spending cut also but the idea to cut revenue before spending is what made Reagan's legacy shit when it comes to fiscal conservatism. At the very least, you should offset revenue losses with spending cuts but then you get cop outs like economic growth makes no additional deficit, etc which isn't realistic either.

You don’t have to tell me Lead. I’m just going off what the house freedom caucus is saying and I also reported that from Fox News.

They don’t want a bigger government but don’t mind if the government is getting bigger if it goes to the military.

I’m very confused by them and Rand Paul today. I don’t understand what they’re even talking about. Their actions contradict their words.

The freedom causus' base is largely military. The tea party movement for a very short time started off for cuts in military but once it folded into the GOP, it was just the same rhetoric with a misleading message.

I believe he does want spending cut also but the idea to cut revenue before spending is what made Reagan's legacy shit when it comes to fiscal conservatism. At the very least, you should offset revenue losses with spending cuts but then you get cop outs like economic growth makes no additional deficit, etc which isn't realistic either.

He's full of shit. He voted for the massive tax cut for the rich, now he's bitching about deficits.

The freedom causus' base is largely military. The tea party movement for a very short time started off for cuts in military but once it folded into the GOP, it was just the same rhetoric with a misleading message.

Confusion seems to be their gameplan here.

Between them and Paul we are getting a misleading narrative.

Confusion seems to be their gameplan here.

Between them and Paul we are getting a misleading narrative.

Ending CRs and opening up debate again to a budget would be a start. Everything is completely backwards how it's run now. Problem is there isn't real pressure to get politicians to do anything differently. People vote for politicians who will benefit them more and that usually means politicians who will vote to increase spending and/or cut taxes. There is no reason to do otherwise in the short-term.

Ending CRs and opening up debate again to a budget would be a start. Everything is completely backwards how it's run now. Problem is there isn't real pressure to get politicians to do anything differently. People vote for politicians who will benefit them more and that usually means politicians who will vote to increase spending and/or cut taxes. There is no reason to do otherwise in the short-term.

So what next! Just go around this wheel over and over and nothing ever really gets fixed.

So what next! Just go around this wheel over and over and nothing ever really gets fixed.

Seems like it. The system isn't set up for there to be a smooth correction. Short term is winning out.

Stock market contractions and a government shutdown. Hopefully a national state of emergency isn't called soon.

Go Rand Paul

lol

Whatever, Rand. I hope your ribs are still sore from when your neighbor tackled you for being an asshole over yardwork.

Back