US Government Shutdown V2 Here We Go Again...

Seems like the wrong time to work this stuff out, being at the last minute. such a shit show on all sides
All sides LOL
Both sides control the three branches of government do they?

We should follow your country’s example I suppose. Us isn’t going anywhere. If it did the world is in for some shit becaus Russia and China will run everything.
They are already taking over running everything. That's kind of the main problem these days. The US is abdicating its leadership role and China, in particular, is stepping in to fill the gap.

WINNING!

They are already taking over running everything. That's kind of the main problem these days. The US is abdicating its leadership role and China, in particular, is stepping in to fill the gap.

WINNING!
Well the us is the most evilest ever so you should be happy

I don't believe I have ever come close to suggesting such a thing. It does North America no good to cede leadership in innovation and other areas to anyone. Unfortunately, your President's energy policy is from the 1950's and corporations seem content to only reap the profits of past successes so I don't see the US getting their lead back anytime soon.

I just don't understand how you can not do your job and keep it like this.
There should be systems in place so that in case of a government shutdown the government gets dissolved,
and all people involved are unable to run for election ever again. That would need some more processes and regulation.

But you are obviously not suitable for the job.

No, its not, that's why its worrisome that the US leadership wants to kill the gold laying goose by being incredibly fiscally irresponsible and thinking that there will always be low interests on the dollar.

Also Russia isnt filling any gap and the current weakness of the dollar is due to strength on the Euro.

I don't believe I have ever come close to suggesting such a thing. It does North America no good to cede leadership in innovation and other areas to anyone. Unfortunately, your President's energy policy is from the 1950's and corporations seem content to only reap the profits of past successes so I don't see the US getting their lead back anytime soon.
Ah the old corporations being all corporationy diatribe

No, its not, that's why its worrisome that the US leadership wants to kill the gold laying goose by being incredibly fiscally irresponsible and thinking that there will always be low interests on the dollar.

Also Russia isnt filling any gap and the current weakness of the dollar is due to strength on the Euro.

The dollar is still the worlds reseve currency. Our debt to gdp ratio is better than just about any European country. Even with obama doubling the debt which was totally fine but trump adding 1/10th of that amount makes him hitler and Stalin’s love child if it married mao

The dollar is still the worlds reseve currency.

Yes, because at a point the US economy accounted for almost 50% of the world GDP, that % is now less than a quarter.

Another advantage the US had was the European liquidity crisis and China's reticence to open up the Yuan.

Our debt to gdp ratio is better than just about any European country.

No, its not, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, they all have a lower GDP to debt ratio, and most of these countries are not currently operating on a deficit or at least not a "Larger than growth" deficit, so their debt is actually shrinking.

Even with obama doubling the debt which was totally fine but trump adding 1/10th of that amount makes him hitler and Stalin’s love child if it married mao

So you are one of these guys who like to pinpoint Bush's last FY on Obama? thats cool.

Nonetheless, you are supposed to stimulate the economy during a recession until the private sector recovers.

At this point with 4% unemployment, further stimulus actually compete with the private sector, so you can certainly expect not only more borrowing, but higher interest rates on said borrowings, but im sure you know that.

Yes, because at a point the US economy accounted for almost 50% of the world GDP, that % is now less than a quarter.

Another advantage the US had was the European liquidity crisis and China's reticence to open up the Yuan.

No, its not, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, they all have a lower GDP to debt ratio, and most of these countries are not currently operating on a deficit or at least not a "Larger than growth" deficit, so their debt is actually shrinking.

So you are one of these guys who like to pinpoint Bush's last FY on Obama? thats cool.

Nonetheless, you are supposed to stimulate the economy during a recession until the private sector recovers.

At this point with 4% unemployment, further stimulus actually compete with the private sector, so you can certainly expect not only more borrowing, but higher interest rates on said borrowings, but im sure you know that.
Where you getting those? I see France Ireland and Spain as higher than the us

Just on my phone though

https://data.oecd.org/gga/general-government-debt.htm

Take into account that this is 2015 data, current data must point the US on a worse state due to deficit spending while most OECD countries used fiscal conservatism.
Taking forever to load, but let’s just run with your numbers. Probably right anyway. What makes your think that trumps comparatively minuscule addition is the squaw that stroked the camels sack (obscure reference).

I do recall an article I read years back where the us was at like 60%. I suppose since obama doubles that and didn’t grow the economy it would make sense that the ration is worse.

Fuck me did Apple mess with their autocorrect? This is painful today

He's harping on the debt and deficit he helped create with the Trump Tax Cut for the Rich. Why not make this grand stand during those negotiations and force spending cuts then? Why agree to blow a bigger hole in the deficit and then whine after the fact about the size of the hole?
He could have made a real difference then because all Dems were against it and he maybe could have blocked it if he brought over just one more Republican, with McCain staying in Az for the vote.

But he's for tax cuts. You can be for tax cuts and cutting spending

Hell. He's probably the only politician who would REALLY be for cutting the military

He might be the only principled senator

Yet he voted for a tax cut bill with zero spending reduction, so he is a massive hypocrite that likes to talk a lot.

Lol. How is voting for tax cuts then NOT voting for more spending being a hypocrite

Taking forever to load, but let’s just run with your numbers. Probably right anyway. What makes your think that trumps comparatively minuscule addition is the squaw that stroked the camels sack (obscure reference).

I do recall an article I read years back where the us was at like 60%. I suppose since obama doubles that and didn’t grow the economy it would make sense that the ration is worse.

Fuck me did Apple mess with their autocorrect? This is painful today

1.- Trump's issue (not really Trump but Republicans) is that the economy is at its peak right now, you are supposed to pay down the debt at this point.

2.- Republicans arent proposing any solution to mandatory spending.

3.- Obama didnt doubled the debt, FY starts in Oct 1, compare the debt from FY 2009 to FY 2017 and then compare the debt as a percentage of GDP and compare interest payments as percentage of GDP (the most important indication).

4.- Straw that broke the camel back isnt a rare reference.

Back