• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy US Deficit highest in 6 years ...and increasing!

3 tags in 5 minutes. Nothing gets you guys riled more than criticizing your messiah.
I think it is the massive amount of ignorance in your post that you seem to want to cling to for purely partisan reasons. A big problem as the debt is not partisan nor is its impact on citizens.

How come no one cared about the deficit when Obama tripled it?
No one cared? It was a constant story and the (false as we have seen) rallying cry of an entire faction of the Republicans for years. What the fuck are you talking about lol?

"The federal budget deficit has surged to $779 billion in fiscal 2018, its highest level in six years as President Donald Trump’s tax cuts caused the government to borrow more heavily in order to cover its spending.

The Treasury Department said Monday that the deficit climbed $113 billion from fiscal 2017. Debt will likely worsen in the coming years with the Trump administration expecting the deficit to top $1 trillion in 2019, nearly matching the $1.1 trillion imbalance from 2012 [used to combat the 2008 financial crisis and Great Recession, the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.]

“By cutting taxes in 2017 when the economy was already quite strong, Congress and the administration not only missed a golden opportunity to begin to address the fiscal problem, they actually made the problem worse,”

https://apnews.com/044c01a171894e74b8f1b327c6350961

This government transfers money directly to the elites (large and permanent tax cuts), provides government subsidies for failing private businesses (that are loyal to you-know-who or who provide kickbacks to his super-pacs, is this Venezuela?), and balloons the deficit.

The middle class are endlessly burdened with disproportionately high taxes, increasing inflation and worsening health and education systems. The goal posts get further and further away as they say. The American dream is dying.

The US was once a leader for healthcare and education — now it ranks 27th in the world
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-ranks-27th-for-healthcare-and-education-2018-9

What happened to real fiscal conservatives? Everyone is too emotionally distracted by identity politics to notice what is really going on....

fNRYKce.jpg

Divide and Conquer. Control the money. Control the media. Control the minds of the people.
It happened in Russia. Now it's here.

rrNhTVO.jpg

Yup, I agree. 56 pages of posts about Elizabeth Warren and her DNA test and this deficit increase gets little notice. The problems in this country are so incredibly under managed.

Yup, I agree. 56 pages of posts about Elizabeth Warren and her DNA test and this deficit increase gets little notice. The problems in this country are so incredibly under managed.

It's related. If the discussion is about policy, the people screeching about Warren even after she was vindicated lose.

The deficit is supposed to go down when the economy is doing well. Thanks to the Trump tax cuts corporations are paying 22% less than last year and the deficit is way up. Yet all the Trumpers see an extra 6 bucks in their pocket every 2 weeks.

That’s what I call MAGA

I imagine Clinton would've addressed that deficit by invading some poor country in the middle East.

You know who you and the world are better off with?

Trump.

I imagine Clinton would've addressed that deficit by invading some poor country in the middle East.

You know who you and the world are better off with?

Trump.

But but but Hillary.

Geez are we still doing this?

But but but Hillary.

Geez are we still doing this?
Well no. The point being im sure she would have found a way to increase military spending by announcing a war.

Trumps a fucking massive liar. Massive. But in a sick way he's also your best bet.

Well no. The point being im sure she would have found a way to increase military spending by announcing a war.

Trumps a fucking massive liar. Massive. But in a sick way he's also your best bet.

No he isn’t. Trump is doing much much worse by dividing the American people almost to the point of no return. You know Trump increased military spending by over 200 billion right?

Trump is actually doing that. You posted a hypothetical about what Hillary may or may not do.

No he isn’t. Trump is doing much much worse by dividing the American people almost to the point of no return.

Trump is actually doing that. You posted a hypothetical about what Hillary may or may not do.
Tell me about all the wars in the middle East and the lack of tension between global super powers and potential threats?

But but but. Identity politics.

Tell me about all the wars in the middle East and the lack of tension between global super powers and potential threats?

But but but. Identity politics.

Sure we can talk about wars in the Middle East perpetuated by both Dems and Repubs alike. Not sure what your point is

I think the thing is that I don't really need to convince you of anything. You need to convince people to change their opinion on trump.

So I don't mind.

Actually I don’t. He lost the popular vote by millions, his approval rating has not gone up and he is still a shit human being. Do you disagree with any of this?

Actually I don’t. He lost the popular vote by millions, his approval rating has not gone up and he is still a shit human being. Do you disagree with any of this?
Hang on.

"But but but Hilary"

"He lost the popular vote by millions"

Now I'm not gonna deny that he lost the popular vote.. But I do find the glaring irony in your statements funny.

If trump is to not be re-elected I think the dems need to sort their shit out.

I'm not even American so I don't have a dog in the fight. Just saying it as I see it

???

How about just through not passing a massive debt-funded tax cut for rich people?

No he isn’t. Trump is doing much much worse by dividing the American people almost to the point of no return. You know Trump increased military spending by over 200 billion right?

Trump isn't dividing the American people. Democrats are. Whether it's blacks, Hispanics, women, trannys, illegals, that's all they care about is gender/race.

Back