• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Urijah Faber vs Ricky Simon at UFC Sacramento

It's not a payday thing. Faber is well off due to his investments. He is probably bored as hell and he is still competitive in the gym. Faber just did grappling competition and made comments about a comeback. Cody is rumored to be leaving TAM as well.

Exactly he was talking about coming back last year. It was a fake retirement for the publicity. Quite common.

Whether it's about money, attention or simple boredom, fighters should not announce retirement if they don't really intend to retire. Make it a rule, five years and the fake announcements stop.

Urijah went out on a win, he's never been flatline KO'd like Chuck though Mike Brown was close to doing it in their first WEC fight. I'm not sure why people think Rani Yahya is a good barometer for people to use against Faber, if he shows up in shape he should beat a younger much more inexperienced guy like this. He might fight for a title again, he might not but he's in much better standing to fight than Chuck. Reminds me of Tito coming out of retirement, but Faber is much more well rounded for his weight class.

I'm not a TJ fan or a fan of any fighter anymore. I like to see good fights. That's it.

I hear ya.

Cody is a moron so I wouldn’t put much faith in that. Besides, if TJ “showed everyone how to cheat” wouldn’t that mean Faber was clean for virtually his entire career?

Ricky is a wrestler. Faber's has pretty solid takedown defense and grappling.

I think if Faber comes in great shape he gets it done. Faber has more ways to win this fight.

I hear ya.

Cody is a moron so I wouldn’t put much faith in that. Besides, if TJ “showed everyone how to cheat” wouldn’t that mean Faber was clean for virtually his entire career?

Cody told on himself and his team. He unknowingly told the truth just so he could trash TJ. Don't be idiotic.

If you think Faber is clean you're delusional

They're all on some type of enchancing drug

Cody told on himself and his team. He unknowingly told the truth just so he could trash TJ. Don't be idiotic.

If you think Faber is clean you're delusional

They're all on some type of enchancing drug

You’re hearing what you want to hear. It’s totally possible the biggest moron in mma may have just misspoke. You’re having a hard time grasping that because you hate the guy. Understandable, he’s the worst.

While we’re using your indisputable video evidence, let’s examine it closer. What did he say? That TJ taught everyone how to cheat? Well that’s a bit vague, don’t you think? He didn’t say anyone else is actively using. All you can gather from that is TJ was on the juice. TJ showed others how to correctly use the juice. Are others on it? Probably. Is the whole gym? Yeah, probably—but I don’t know that.

All of that is irrelevant because you’re right, they’re all on steroids. I believe that. I just don’t like the idea that a neck-tatted knuckle dragger can make a gaffe and that allows us to trash a real legend. (Plus, do you really think TJ taught Faber how to juice? He was on the sauce when TJ was in junior high).

Nope, all 3 are manlet roiders and should be called on their bullshit

Probably but only one of them popped for EPO. Isn’t that the game we play around here? GSP didn’t pop so he’s clean, Silva did so he’s always been dirty, etc?

Probably but only one of them popped for EPO. Isn’t that the game we play around here? GSP didn’t pop so he’s clean, Silva did so he’s always been dirty, etc?
I'm in the minority, and believe the only way to be at the top is to have the competitive edge. So I'm sure at least 8 of the top 10 are using some type of banned substances.

I guess Faber wasn't completely shot when he retired, but I don't really know what he's hoping to accomplish with this.

I think he can probably beat this guy, but what does that prove?

I saw in an interview that he just wants to fight and that he wants more money to put into some of his entrepreneurial projects, so he took a fight to kill two birds with one stone.

Faber is going to die.
WillingImmaculateAfricanmolesnake-size_restricted.gif

What does Miquel Torres have to do with this?

he's always been a whiny little bitch and a cheater, so good fucking riddance. but I guess dillashaw popping and him not fighting for a while made people more soft on him

Not a easy return fight at all. I see Simon battering faber

I am not fond of Ricky Martin, seems overly cocky at times, but I can admit that he is a hellove a fighter. I think it is very unlikely Faber win. Ricky is essentially Faber 2.0, a younger, faster, hungrier version of Faber.

Damn dude thats a really tough fight to come back to.... Hope Faber doesn't get sparked.

Back