• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Urijah Faber vs Ricky Simon at UFC Sacramento

Props to Faber for taking such a tough fight after a long lay off. Not much to gain for him other than winning in Sacramento. A lot to gain for his opponent. Props.

Its called money. Pretty much everyone's biggest motivator to do anything but everyone acts like it plays no part in these decisions.

I think Faber guillotines this kid. I think he's hungry again. Hungry to collect checks and simulate some death.

Its called money. Pretty much everyone's biggest motivator to do anything but everyone acts like it plays no part in these decisions.

I am sure Faber doesn't need it. Is it nice? - sure. But he's probably at the point where its just nice to have versus having to do it for his career.

War Faber!
Hope he walks out with a surfboard and some baywatch babes or some shit
California love baby!

Can't stand Faber. Dude is an obvious roid cheat like Cody, yet they're both hypocritical and fake when it comes to TJ.

I hope he gets wrecked in front of his home town and then pops for roids then gets banned.
This.

WAR ANY OPPONENTS!!

It's a Sacramento card and Faber sees good exposure, paycheck, and not too hard a fight. The UFC sees the hometown draw, so they are down. Even if Faber runs through Ricky, I don't expect to see him continue on his "return".

Don’t really like the notion of Faber returning. That is mainly because I think it’s so rare to have a good MMA retirement and Faber had one- he was still quite good and went out on a win. The guys who stay around too long tend to not have such a great track record.

I'd like to see Faber win but he probably just pulls a resilient losing effort here.

Damn I remember Ricky “Mexican Theo Von” Simons at ufc 234

This is a tough fight for butt chin faber but I think with this new motivation he will get the win
Most people wouldn’t get the comedian reference. Probably had to google Theo Von. Watch his story about cocaine on YouTube if you haven’t. Funny guy.

Jeez relax man... What do you care what he does..

Also... Faber only lost to the elites of the division, guys that are all in title contention right now...

I think if he focuses on his grappling again, he can win high level fights...

Win a title again... No.

But doesn’t mean he can’t complete at a high level.
Most exiting thing he did was staying on 1 leg for the Aldo fight. He has nothing to offer, not even money fights.

Chuck looked like he'd literally never been in a fight before. It was unbelievable. Father time is a cruel bitch. God help us all if Faber comes out looking like that, but I believe it'll at least be a competition

*My favorite part of that last Chuck vs Tito match is that it took Tito nearly all of round 1 to realize he was fighting no one and could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Even after all these years, and as bad as Chuck was moving that night, Tito was still apprehensive for the first several minutes until it finally dawned on him to move in and end it
Tito was probably thinking ahh this fuckers trying to lull me in ehhh, then he started to cry inside when he realized hes there to put down a feeble grandpa

Chuck looked like he'd literally never been in a fight before. It was unbelievable. Father time is a cruel bitch. God help us all if Faber comes out looking like that, but I believe it'll at least be a competition

*My favorite part of that last Chuck vs Tito match is that it took Tito nearly all of round 1 to realize he was fighting no one and could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Even after all these years, and as bad as Chuck was moving that night, Tito was still apprehensive for the first several minutes until it finally dawned on him to move in and end it
Well they say power is the last thing to go so im guessing he was "respecting his power"...the funniest part was him celebrating like he just beat the pound for pound best. I still say had they met in 2010 or whenever it was, chuck would have won just because how much he was ij Tito's head.

Anyway back on point...war faber.

Faber is going to die.
WillingImmaculateAfricanmolesnake-size_restricted.gif

So sick of all the fake retirements in MMA. Urijah Faber is yet another example. He gets all this attention and a farewell fight to end his career and then a couple years later comes back for another payday. Should be a rule that you can't fight for at least 5 years after announcing "retirement".

Just say you are going to be taking a sabbatical from MMA or whatever until the right fight or event and stop with deceiving people for the extra attention.

Can't stand Faber. Dude is an obvious roid cheat like Cody, yet they're both hypocritical and fake when it comes to TJ.

I hope he gets wrecked in front of his home town and then pops for roids then gets banned.

Couldn't agree with this post anymore. Spot on post

Do you guys have any evidence of this or are you both salty TJ fans?

<{Heymansnicker}>

So sick of all the fake retirements in MMA. Urijah Faber is yet another example. He gets all this attention and a farewell fight to end his career and then a couple years later comes back for another payday. Should be a rule that you can't fight for at least 5 years after announcing "retirement".

Just say you are going to be taking a sabbatical from MMA or whatever until the right fight or event and stop with deceiving people for the extra attention.
It's not a payday thing. Faber is well off due to his investments. He is probably bored as hell and he is still competitive in the gym. Faber just did grappling competition and made comments about a comeback. Cody is rumored to be leaving TAM as well.

Back