Urijah Faber vs Alex Caaceres ufc 175

This is going to be Mendes/McKenzie all over again.

Lol. This is in no way shape or form like DC vs. Cummins. First of all, Caceres has done his due at bantamweight. Realistically he could be on a 7-fight winstreak. Secondly Caceres deserves main card status at this point. Dude has been consistently in exciting bouts and gives you your money's worth. All I know is that Caceres/Pettis > Stephens/Elkins, Miocic/Gonzaga, and Bendo/Thomson which were all on the main card of UFC FOX 10.

But of course I still expect Faber to win this fight rather easily though.

The UFC can't hate Alex for beating Pettis that bad.

This fight doesn't make much sense.

Can I get a prop bet for Faber by guillotine or rear naked choke? Would probably not even get great odds. Literally any other result would be a surprise.

yeah, no way Faber loses this. Very weird fight to make, but a sure thing to make some money off of.

sherdog is full of trolls. caceres should be 7-0 at BW. let's please not pretend he doesn't deserve a big name opponent.

pettis was a huge win and an incredible fight.

sherdog is full of trolls. caceres should be 7-0 at BW. let's please not pretend he doesn't deserve a big name opponent.

pettis was a huge win and an incredible fight.

A lot of those 7 were pretty close battles though. I think he deserved top 10-ish guy, not a top 5 guy. I think there's a big gulf between Faber and guys like Roop, Mizugaki, Alcantara etc Feels like Caceres is skipping a fairly important step.

A lot of those 7 were pretty close battles though. I think he deserved top 10-ish guy, not a top 5 guy. I think there's a big gulf between Faber and guys like Roop, Mizugaki, Alcantara etc Feels like Caceres is skipping a fairly important step.
only two of those fights were close: the kang fight, and the pettis fight. both pettis and kang are legit top 15 BW's a couple years from now.

the judges that scored caceres' fights for tezuka and delorme should be banned from judging for life.

caceres dominated 14 minutes of the figueroa fight.

like it or not, he's 4-0 with 1 NC in his last 5. That gets you a top opponent.

only two of those fights were close: the kang fight, and the pettis fight. both pettis and kang are legit top 15 BW's a couple years from now.

the judges that scored caceres' fights for tezuka and delorme should be banned from judging for life.

caceres dominated 14 minutes of the figueroa fight.

like it or not, he's 4-0 with 1 NC in his last 5. That gets you a top opponent.

1) I had both the Delorme fight (29-28) and Figueroa fight (28-27) for Caceres, but are you really counting the Figueroa fight as some fantastic win? The nut shots were a massive part of that fight.

2) In what universe was Sergio Pettis a top 15 fighter? Rankings are done by achievement, not potential.

3) His opponents' records were not impressive when he faced them with the exception of Delorme. Pettis had 1 UFC win, Figueroa had 1 UFC win, Escovedo and Page had none and Tezuka and Kang were debuting. This is not a murderer's row.

4) No. 4-0 with 1 NC does not automatically get you the number 2 ranked fighter in a division (until Cruz comes back anyway). This isn't 2005.

I like Alex and want him to win, but I see Urijah winning this one. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Damn, Faber is going to destroy this guy.

I guess they are tired of Faber murdering all the would be title contenders, so they are giving him middle of the pack guys to feast on to get that pay check until there is a new champ at either BW or FW.

Back