Urijah Faber excited for Dos Santos vs. Velasquez III

Cain landed that big bomb and road the momentum from there. He hardly gave JDS anytime to recover and he didn't know what was coming once Cain started completing takedowns.

By the time Dos Santos got some energy back it was the 4th round and he was lost. Now that hes felt what thats like and took everything Velasquez had I think he has a good chance of winning a rubber match. I picked Cain to win the first 2 fights but I'm leaning towards JDS in a third fight.

Some good points made.

faber works for the ufc so thats why he wants to see cain destroy poor jds

I swear last week no one was giving Cain a chance, now everyone has done a complete 360 and isn't giving JDS a chance.

only on sherdog.

That would be a 180, not a 360.

Source: Urijah Faber excited for Dos Santos vs. Velasquez III

How can anybody at this point get excited for their rematch? Nothing will change if they fought again in all honesty. What JDS will use his jiu-jitsu in the 3rd bout? He ain't no Aoki. Cain will easily avoid his sub's while pounding his face in.

Cain will once again be the aggressor and charge forward while dos Santos will once again back peddle and be too worried about takedowns, or if he charges forward Cain will just clinch with him.

After this last fight, I really can't see how JDS win's again.

Guys JDS wants the rematch for the payday .

Ok he wants a chance at getting the belt back and he is thinking he needs to prove himself after this terrible loss.
But I'm not looking forward to it as JDS got spanked he got mauled I'm still surprised he got beaten up like that.

Rematches should only happen if the fight was incredibly close ala Edgar Maynard 2 .
Edgar BEnson 1 .

JDS needs to win a couple of fights let Cian defend the belt there are a couple of good matches to be made way before they fight again.

Unless JDS does have a ground game he is wasting his time fighting Cain again.

JDS had a good 4th and 5th. BUT THEN AGAIN, Cain was also tired.

He wasnt doing bad with the TDD in the 1st until he got dropped. R2 was a recovery round. R3 he needed to adapt while Cain was slowing down.

It really depends on JDS's cardio. Will he lose muscle for the rematch? Thats really what it comes down to. If not, he has only a punchers chance.

Not an immediate rematch, but a big build up to a trilogy is not only sick; it's inevitable.

I swear last week no one was giving Cain a chance, now everyone has done a complete 360 and isn't giving JDS a chance.

only on sherdog.
It's almost as if a fight between these two recently took place.

I think JDS is good enough to make the necessary changes in his game. The third fight will be very different.

Funny how everyone wrote Cain off in the rematch and now are writing off JDS in the rubber match.

They both have a chance and the winner will win decisively..that's just how it is when 2 elite HWs go at it.

Can't dis on someone because of their join date. There are folks that have been on Sherdog a very long time but have had their accounts banned and have rejoined. Watch who you call a keyboard warrior ya newb.

How can anybody at this point get excited for their rematch? Nothing will change if they fought again in all honesty. What JDS will use his jiu-jitsu in the 3rd bout? He ain't no Aoki. Cain will easily avoid his sub's while pounding his face in.

Cain will once again be the aggressor and charge forward while dos Santos will once again back peddle and be too worried about takedowns, or if he charges forward Cain will just clinch with him.

One day before the rematch there was a thread saying theres no reason to be excited about this fight, JDS will just stuff Cain's TD and KO him again.

Here's some news for you and that TS. The rematch doesn't always go EXACTLY the same as the previous match. Please look beyond the obvious. You don't know that JDS will once again back peddle or that cain will be the first one to land the shot again. Junior was having no trouble stuffing TDs until he got rocked.

Source: Urijah Faber excited for Dos Santos vs. Velasquez III

The way Cain broke JDS's will was brilliant, but you must have seen the holes in Cain's game and things JDS could try to do differently. He allowed Cain to spam takedown attempts without making any effort to counter them. If JDS preps well and Cain comes into the fight with the same tactic he will be eating knees and uppercuts as he shoots. That's one example, but I can think of many things JDS can do to make the fight go differently.

The way Cain broke JDS's will was brilliant, but you must have seen the holes in Cain's game and things JDS could try to do differently. He allowed Cain to spam takedown attempts without making any effort to counter them. If JDS preps well and Cain comes into the fight with the same tactic he will be eating knees and uppercuts as he shoots. That's one example, but I can think of many things JDS can do to make the fight go differently.

I don't think he did, JDS was just gassed, breaking someones will is different he still got up from many of the TD's. Cain dominated but I'm still interested in a 3rd fight due to the different outcomes that may possibly occur.

Hypeman Faber putting in some early work for the boss.

truth is. we all want to see III. To see who the real champion is. I for one do not see Cain defending the title. he will get picked off if he fights a hungry Struve, or Roy nelson he loses.

truth is. we all want to see III. To see who the real champion is. I for one do not see Cain defending the title. he will get picked off if he fights a hungry Struve, or Roy nelson he loses.

"Hungry Struve", lol.

Cain smashes both guys with ease.

Too early for rubber match.

Back