Urijah Faber excited for Dos Santos vs. Velasquez III

ElTorro**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Source: Urijah Faber excited for Dos Santos vs. Velasquez III

How can anybody at this point get excited for their rematch? Nothing will change if they fought again in all honesty. What JDS will use his jiu-jitsu in the 3rd bout? He ain't no Aoki. Cain will easily avoid his sub's while pounding his face in.

Cain will once again be the aggressor and charge forward while dos Santos will once again back peddle and be too worried about takedowns, or if he charges forward Cain will just clinch with him.

After this last fight, I really can't see how JDS win's again.

Hypeman Faber putting in some early work for the boss.

Dog, Cain is my favorite fighter ever, but he got KTFO in their first fight, and JDS can definitely do it again. That

JDS beat him once already in a little over a minute. Its quite possible he could do it again. Needs to work on his cardio and TDD against good wrestlers in training.

Although I see the fight playing out much like the second, JDS CAN ko Cain and he will come in to the rematch hungrier than ever with nasty striking and cardio.

Although I see the fight playing out much like the second, JDS CAN ko Cain and he will come in to the rematch hungrier than ever with nasty striking and cardio.

He will be hungry, but idk about the cardio. JDS never shown good cardio in any of his fights. The longer the fight goes he always slow downs

I swear last week no one was giving Cain a chance, now everyone has done a complete 360 and isn't giving JDS a chance.

only on sherdog.

If anything I think Cain will have STRICT instructions to beast and KTFO, or go for submission when JDS is trying to clear cobwebs.

Funny how before the fight few were giving Cain a chance because of how easily he lost the first one. Now he wins the second fight and people act as if JDS doesn't have a chance in the rubber match. Why can't fans just admit that it's a solid match up and either guy is capable of winning? I'm sooooo tired of reading posts on this forum as if fight results are set in stone before they happen. Even if Dos Santos first victory was tainted by an injured Cain I still wouldn't count him out. Their the only men to beat each other in the UFC in the past 5 years and nobody should be questioning their ability to win.

Last edited:
He will be hungry, but idk about the cardio. JDS never shown good cardio in any of his fights. The longer the fight goes he always slow downs

It's hard to tell how tired JDS was, it didn't really look like he recovered after Cain hit him with that bomb.

Funny how before the fight few were giving Cain a chance because of how easily he lost the first one. Now he wins the second fight and people act as if JDS doesn't have a chance in the rubber match. Why can't fans just admit that it's a solid match up and either guy is capable of winning? I'm sooooo tired of reading posts on this forum as if fight results are set in stone before they happen. Even if Dos Santos first victory was tainted by an injured Cain I still wouldn't count him out.

Yep I agree. Dos Santos was doing well in the first 3 minutes of the fight, the right hand from Cain changed things. Also Dos Santos worried too much about takedowns, if he makes some adjustments he could beat Cain again.

The third fight would be more competitive I think.

I hope there is not immediate rematch and they give JDS 2 fights before another shot if he wins of course, I actually wanted 1 more for Cain, but guess he proved he didn't need it. I'm curious to see how JDS comes back, will he comes back with a vengeance and destroy his next opponent like Cain did, or will he be more timid? If he comes out like a beast and destroys his next 1 or 2 opponents before the shot, then the rubber match is gonna be VERY interesting.

I swear last week no one was giving Cain a chance, now everyone has done a complete 360 and isn't giving JDS a chance.

only on sherdog.

Your sentiment I agree with completely. Totally ridiculous and that's why most Sherdoggers don't make much money in Vegas. Easy to talk before fights on how they will happen then completely change their pick after the fight as if it were obvious.

But, just for your future benefit, doing a 360 gets you right back to the same place. So you mean doing a complete 180.

Yep I agree. Dos Santos was doing well in the first 3 minutes of the fight, the right hand from Cain changed things. Also Dos Santos worried too much about takedowns, if he makes some adjustments he could beat Cain again.

The third fight would be more competitive I think.

Cain landed that big bomb and road the momentum from there. He hardly gave JDS anytime to recover and he didn't know what was coming once Cain started completing takedowns.

By the time Dos Santos got some energy back it was the 4th round and he was lost. Now that hes felt what thats like and took everything Velasquez had I think he has a good chance of winning a rubber match. I picked Cain to win the first 2 fights but I'm leaning towards JDS in a third fight.

I hope there is not immediate rematch and they give JDS 2 fights before another shot if he wins of course, I actually wanted 1 more for Cain, but guess he proved he didn't need it. I'm curious to see how JDS comes back, will he comes back with a vengeance and destroy his next opponent like Cain did, or will he be more timid? If he comes out like a beast and destroys his next 1 or 2 opponents before the shot, then the rubber match is gonna be VERY interesting.

JDS needs to work on his foot work. As he avoided Cain early takedowns and Cain was holding to his one leg he should have hammerfist him, and instead of having his back to the cage the whole time he should be circling and using his foot work to set up his boxing.

And no more running from Cain that's how he got caught in the first place

only on sherdog.

Weren't you one of those who wasn't giving Cain a chance?

Back