Uriah Hall Doesn't Handle Being Pressured Well (in fight)

Totally agree. Hall has no idea what to do when anyone closes the distance on him. His game is mostly flash, and doesn't work as well when he doesn't have perfect distance to work with.

Uriah's got all of the talents of an athlete but I don't think he has good fight IQ

That's what im saying. Mebtally tough opponents that can pressure and push him in fight, opponents that aren't afraid/on back foot, seem to do well vs him. I thought his current opponent was looking great. Opening a cut on scar tissue robs of us seeing whay rest of that fight looked like.

Not taking away anything from Uriah, just i dont think tonights performance answered any questions about him.

He seemed to handle it just fine in this fight. Mute commentary and watch fight again.

I agree, but my eyes got nothing to do with my ears, so Joe can talk and scream all he wants. He can't tell me what I can't already see on my Big screen.

if Hall had landed that spinning hook kick i think we would have seen the first death in the octagon

Yeah.... That's why he lost tonight.

Totally agree. Hall has no idea what to do when anyone closes the distance on him. His game is mostly flash, and doesn't work as well when he doesn't have perfect distance to work with.

Exactly! Stalling didn't give him space to set up so most of his gane was nullified. I think vs a top 10 opponent with forward pressure, Uriah would wilt (i.e., all his losses)

Yeah he does that same shit. Looks lost when pressured. I think he needs to try less hard to be Anderson, and be more loose in the fight. A good wrestler/pressure fighter destroys him easily.

That's what im saying. Mebtally tough opponents that can pressure and push him in fight, opponents that aren't afraid/on back foot, seem to do well vs him. I thought his current opponent was looking great. Opening a cut on scar tissue robs of us seeing whay rest of that fight looked like.

Not taking away anything from Uriah, just i dont think tonights performance answered any questions about him.

Stallings looks like a decent striker but Hall countered him and hurt him badly. I don't see how that shows that he can't fight on his back foot well, he countered when Stallings was pressuring lol. Hall beat a game opponent, ready for Costa.

Hall is always waiting for the finishing shot, he's not really the fighter to break them down over rounds then finish

Yeah.... That's why he lost tonight.

Beat unranked opponent who took fight on 2 weeks notice via doctors stoppage re: cut on scar tissue. Minus the last 10 seconds, rest of fight was very competitive.

lol nonsense. He was pressured, and fired back, and this was the result:

2w3oljd.jpg

I agree, but my eyes got nothing to do with my ears, so Joe can talk and scream all he wants. He can't tell me what I can't already see on my Big screen.

Same. I was rolling my eyes at Joe's commentary during the fight, and I'm not often annoyed or overly critical of Rogan. But a lot of viewers, I suspect, are heavily influenced by commentary. I think TS may be one of them based on this thread.

Hall looked quite good.

Same. I was rolling my eyes at Joe's commentary during the fight, and I'm not often annoyed or overly critical of Rogan. But a lot of viewers, I suspect, are heavily influenced by commentary. I think TS may be one of them based on this thread.

Hall looked quite good.

he landed a great shot, but the TS is not totally wrong. Uriah has no distance control. he tries to use the threat of his unpredictable striking as a deterrent to get on the inside, but if the opponent doesn't back off, it's hard for him to get his striking going.

He is an ok fighter but he is not great or a young prospect either

No, he doesn't like being hit.

But he responds NASTY. Really fucking nasty.

He has embraced counter striking.

What I find interesting is that his confidence is now becoming less of a problem and he is getting away from turning fights into sparring matches.

If he could turn his aggressiveness on at will and pressure as well, he would be even better.

He might not ever be a champion, but I can see him picking guys off for a long time to come.

OP must be new to the whole MMA sport. Uriah had a last minute replacement against an unknown fighter. Not like Uriah had any time to watch footage and train for Stallings style. It was a risky fight for him to take and he still outstruck him 27-10. Stallings wasn't winning that fight boy.

Back