Uriah Hall Doesn't Handle Being Pressured Well (in fight)

SolidIce

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Imo based on that fight (and others) he doesn't handle being pressured well. Thought his opponent was ahead, until doctor's stoppage

He doesn't strike well off his back foot /when he isn't given space to set up. I don't see hin beating a fighter with good forward pressure like Weidman any time soon. His performance tonight reminds me of Gastelum/Weidman losses.

No hate, just an observation

Ahead? Huh? What were you watching he got murdered that round the stoppage saved him.

Also, I think sometimes he forgets to be athletic.

He focuses too much on technique, but he needs to remember to be athletic as well.

He seemed to handle it just fine in this fight. Mute commentary and watch fight again.

Did you see that counter that wrecked that guys eye?

Ahead? Huh? What were you watching he got murdered that round the stoppage saved him.

I thought his opponent was winning round until the knockdown. He was walking him down, landing, and defending easily.

100% serious here. I dont think his opponent was hurt, minus the cut i think we would have seen more rounds.

Regardless, even jf he beat this guy i think he still has the same fundamental flaw thay has lost him his other fights -he doesnt handle opponents with good forward pressure well. I.e., gastelum, chris, etc

Missed the shot that put Stallings on stanky leg eh?

I'd like to see Hall be a bit more aggressive. But when he can do damage like that with one punch (or kick), it's difficult to argue with him. but he's lost fights he should have won by being so passive.

He doesn't handle the pressure of post fight interviews well either.

Did you see that counter that wrecked that guys eye?

That guy had an assload of scar tissue, which is why it popped open all nasty like that. Even vs a journeyman opponent, the fight looked even. Thats all im saying.

Hall has great skills and athleticism. If he gets the mental part together, we can see a fighter similar to Anderson.

Uriah's got all of the talents of an athlete but I don't think he has good fight IQ

Stalling was fine minus the cut. That was scar tissue that popped open. He was back on feet with guard up. Minus the knockdown he was in control of the entire rest of that fight

Its your subconscious messing with you, cause the first time you saw him he murdered a guy with a spinning heel kick.

I'd say Stallings did a lot better than I expected. But he is veteran with some decent stand up ability. To say that he was winning up until the counter would be wrong in my opinion. Props to Stallings for taking the fight on short notice against a talented Uriah Hall. Hopefully he gets another shot and maybe his medical expenses covered because he kept a popular fighter on the card.

Right, He hadnt even been struck again and wobbled after well after the hit, It was obvious he that punch hurt him bad. Stoppage just gave him a nice excuse on his first ufc lost. Still a good fighter but these people saying his opponent was winning before the stop are insane.

Back