Uriah Hall and his future in UFC

El Patron77

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
guy has fought Chris Leben a while ago in dominant fashion, but isn't very active. Now he is scheduled to fight Thiago Santos, and I thisnk that is easy fight for him, but I don't see bright future for him. He's extremely talented, but he freezes in big fights, and perhaps this is the reason that ufc isn't giving him bigger fights

he is athletic and flashy but he just doesn't look like a guy that wants to win when he gets in there. obviously he does but he refuses to engage. leben looked slow and awful and hall still didn't go blow right through him

If Hall continues to keep his talents bottled up during a fight he'll be fighting for a lesser org soon enough. I know DW was about fed up with him before he beat Leben and rightfully so. The guy had a ton of hype behind him after the TUF show and then proceeded to flop over and over on the big stage.

With the right mindset he can make his mark in this sport. Hopefully he learns how to let go and take risks before he loses the biggest opportunity of his career.

hall finally put on a good performance against leben. it was mainly due to leben being aggressive and that style matched well with hall.

i had hall winning the kelvin fight. that was my opinion. kelvin showed grit, but hall took him down multiple times and controlled the top position. kelvin just plodded forward and threw haymakers at times.

i was proud of john howard. he went in there and took it to hall in a fight that he was set up to lose being in the wrong weight class. hall really unperformed in that fight. that was sad.

santos is coming off a giant win. this might not be as easy as people are thinking. hall has a place in the UFC for sure, he just needs to put in work.

Uriah Hall reminds me of a former college football player named Bobby Boucher. See Bobby was just too nice/kind and at first failed at being a good football player b/c of his timid personally. Once he was taught ,by coach Klein ,how to unleash his anger he lead the Mud dogs to a Bourbon Bowl victory. Uriah Hall should unleash his inner Bobby Boucher, its his only hope.

We'll see how he does against Thiago Santos next month. That will make or break him in the UFC.

guy has fought Chris Leben a while ago in dominant fashion, but isn't very active. Now he is scheduled to fight Thiago Santos, and I thisnk that is easy fight for him, but I don't see bright future for him. He's extremely talented, but he freezes in big fights, and perhaps this is the reason that ufc isn't giving him bigger fights

A well versed MMA fighter, who has fought the best, told Hall he is Champion material: Chael Sonnen.

MMA fighters are your fighting gurus. They see things most don't. For Chael to say that about Hall..tells me, the answer to your questions is an absolute yes. Hall can has a bright future. However, he just hasn't performed. He just needs to get it right. If he fails, it is Hall's fault, not that he could not have a bright future.

Uriah Hall reminds me of a former college football player named Bobby Boucher. See Bobby was just too nice/kind and at first failed at being a good football player b/c of his timid personally. Once he was taught ,by coach Klein ,how to unleash his anger he lead the Mud dogs to a Bourbon Bowl victory. Uriah Hall should unleash his inner Bobby Boucher, its his only hope.

tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

I think he has top 5/championship potential, but at the same time, even the nicest of fighters need to be ruthless and devoid of mercy once they step in the cage ala Fedor.

Who knows what'll happen to him.

Now that's what I call high quality comparison work.

I agree with this.
The potential is all there. He has the speed, the technique and the strength to be in the top 10. He just needs to stop being nice inside the cage.

A well versed MMA fighter, who has fought the best, told Hall he is Champion material: Chael Sonnen.

MMA fighters are your fighting gurus. They see things most don't. For Chael to say that about Hall..tells me, the answer to your questions is an absolute yes. Hall can has a bright future. However, he just hasn't performed. He just needs to get it right. If he fails, it is Hall's fault, not that he could not have a bright future.

Agree that fighter's criteria >>> shertard criteria.
But Chael says many things. He was also convinced that Okami will be a champion.

I wish him all the best.
Someone should take his pet dog as ransom before his fights to bring out the tiger in him.

This is gold!

This!! He should mean up for sure!

A friend of mine trained with him when he stopped by Square Circle Muay Thai and said he is an absolute monster in the gym. Dude just really needs to get over the mental block he has when he gets in there. He seems talented enough to give anyone a good fight.

Back