Update on the sandwich deli girl

My wife had a stalker just like this for a while.

I had to do the whole thing where I put my arm around her while staring him down, and squeezing the shit out of his hand when I shook it.

I'm not a super strong guy but he was old so that helped.

Imagine if some ugly chick came in and harrassed you at work constantly. How would that feel?
I would be flattered and would try to be kind about letting her down. After my original thread, I figured that this might be the case so I backed off. Since then, she consistently makes prolonged eye contact with me while smiling after she greets me by name when I quietly eat my sandwich in the corner of the store.. given that and other friendly exchanges between us, I'm unconvinced that she feels harassed by me.

ce1049a6-8e4e-449a-ab3d-9cb63085ceab_text.gif

Let the friendship or what not develop a bit.
She’s prolly anticipating you taking another shot soon, wait on it. She knows you are really into her, give it a bit.

Gonna be more awkward when she shuts you down again, at least enjoy this for a bit before you roll the dice.

If she’s really up for it, she’ll be waving you in.
But keep what you got going for now, imo.

Last edited:
Just be friendly and chat and see how it goes man. Don't be creepy or stalkerish. Don't build this up in your own mind into something that it may not be. You seem to be turning this into some fantasy in your mind that may not be the truth. Talk to her a bit if you can, you'll be able to tell if she has any interest.

If she chats back at your or mentions how she's bored at night or weekends then just mention you are going to get coffee or going to check out a new hiking spot or going to a farmer's market....anything like that and ask if she wants to come along. MEntion that if she gets a break and work and wants to walk around the block a few times to get out of the deli that you'd love to just walk and chat, no big deal.

Gauge interest in small fun activites that don't seem like a "date".

I read through the post and my response to your last thread still stands. Just be friendly with her.

I think you should meet other women and forget about this girl but I know you won't so here is the advice I'll give you that might help you.

FYI, I never ask women out. I meet women in non-romantic contexts. If I have something cool I want to see or do, I invite a girl if she wants to join me. That way I can get to know her better in an environment with less pressure and expectations, doing something I was going to do anyway so if she flakes or isn't that fun of a person, no matter. @TheNinja has the right idea.

So here's what I would do. I make small talk, ask her about her day, talk about weekend plans, etc. If she asks what I'm doing I'd be like, "I'm going to go surfing/hiking/volunteer at a dog shelter/dancing/etc."
"That sounds fun!"
"Oh, do you want join?"

Say it really casual. Throw it away with no pressure implied. Don't say it like you're trying to interrogate information out of her so you can ask her out. That's why it's important to do shit that is interesting in your regular life. I'm not going to invite a girl I don't know to join me if all I'm doing is watching netflix in my underwear this weekend.

How you say it is really important. And how you say it is often a reflection of how other things in your life are going.

If you say something with enough suave, you can say almost anything. But at this point, you do not so act with more caution.

Definitely do NOT comment on her legs though. Imagine if you were talking to a random fit guy about his workout routine. Are you going to open with, "Hey man I've been checking out your legs. Do you squat?" He's doing to think you're creeping on him lol. If you must talk about her body and ask her about her workout, maybe just joke about how strong she looks.

I do think you should set your sights on other women though. Get rid of your scarcity mindset. Realize that physical beauty isn't everything. She might be a really shitty person inside. Maybe she tortures kittens for fun.

Go to the gym, lift some weights, sort your diet out....I would even consider doing a good first steroid cycle at your age.....stop shopping there regularly, wean yourself off this situation.

And on the off chance your not completely delusional about this girl's interests in you, doing all the above will certainly be more attractive to her than sniffing around like a love sick puppy....

The issue is that she is sending me positive signals and she is by far the hottest woman I have ever developed a rapport with. I agree that she has way too much power over me. My advantage is that she has no idea but I don't want to play it too cool and for her to think I don't care. I know I'm overthinking this.

It's weird, right? When you don't care, they like you. When you care too much, they go cold. I have a fat chick I banged once a few months and she still sends me a selfie almost every single day even though I don't reply.
<LikeReally5>

The reason she was "cold" to you is because she felt awkward after you asked her out & continued to frequent her establishment.

Now, she's warmed up to you because she sees you're not (outwardly, at least) a creep. If you continue to build her up in your mind as the ideal woman, you're gonna wind up crossing the line she's established with you.

Asking her out again Is going to give her creep vibes again & she'll likely be colder towards you than before.

Let it go.

Back