• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News [UPDATE] Khamzat Chimaev Vs. Kamaru Usman Now OFFICIAL for UFC 294. Costa Out of Fight.

How does this benefit Usman at 170?

He was always interested in moving up to middleweight and only reason he didn't was because he didn't want to fight his brother Izzy.

Now that Izzy isn't the champ - if Kamaru beats Khamzat. He'll more than likely get the next title shot against Strickland.

This would've been a great matchup a year and half ago. But now it's against the version of Usman that's lost 2 in a row, got sent to the shadow realm in one, and has no knee cartilage. Still would watch for the name values alone

This is a good opportunity for Usman to get back into the title picture quickly if he wins, and also gives Khamzat the biggest name on his resume.
Eh. Knee cartilage doesn’t disappear over night. We’ve heard of his bad knees for a while now.

Its freaking Kamaru Usman vs Khamzat Chimaev. I couldnt care less If it doesnt make sense ranking wise or whatever crap some people are saying here. Make the fight.

This would've been a great matchup a year and half ago. But now it's against the version of Usman that's lost 2 in a row, got sent to the shadow realm in one, and has no knee cartilage. Still would watch for the name values alone

This is a good opportunity for Usman to get back into the title picture quickly if he wins, and also gives Khamzat the biggest name on his resume.
Exactly plus I don’t think MW Usman will do good against MW Khamzat

Just like Paula fans, Marty fans getting the excuses ready.

Everyone talks shit about Khamzat as if he sucks but every time he's possibly gonna fight someone, the preemptive excuses come out in advance.
Lol no costa fans made excuses. Chimaev was trying to get out of thst fight since there was whispers if it. Costa will still beat him one arm or not

Lol no costa fans made excuses. Chimaev was trying to get out of thst fight since there was whispers if it. Costa will still beat him one arm or not
You must be in denial because Costa is running scared now that reality is setting in that he was gonna get destroyed so he quacked quacked outta there.

Shame. Way better options and we know Zat ain't staying at WW

A busted knees Usman at short notice and at 185?
Yea, Khamzat stans will eat this up and start acting like he's the PFP king now.
He's not?

I'm not sure this needed it's own thread

"I am doing everything in my power to fight gourmet Chen Chen here in Abu Dhabi. Possible and impossible. The shit is that Staphylococcus infection is no joke, I had it in Brazil 8 weeks ago and took antibiotics for 10 days to kill it. It seemed resolved so I came to Abudhabi but it came back worse than before. 5 weeks before the fight there was necessarily surgery to clean everything and take another 14 days of antibiotics. I told them to let me fight because I'm extremely well conditioned. Even though I used 1 arm to train for 14 days until I had 10 stitches removed in my right elbow, the doctors were worried about all the anesthesia and medication I was taking, but they gave me a chance and I did my best to overcome myself, training everything without my right arm. , and you know what, I was happy just to fight and do something that seemed crazy possible. Now the doctors came and told me that it was necessary to REOPEN a smaller place because the bacteria was still there and had developed resistance. After the update, there is no way to get doctors release for fight 21 My team keeps it clear since first moment with UFC all these things and the peoples from UFC gave me all support, they tried their best as well paying for surgery and everything here in abudhabi, thanks UFC and whole staff for support. For those whom said I pulled out go fuck u self. I never pulled out, I just didn’t agreed to fights that I NEVER signed up for and neither miss weight we both agreed 205 . I need 3 weeks to be cleared in doctors opinion. I just wait this fight the entire year , so I hope to fight before the end of 2023. See u "
edit: he just posted it and then deleted it like two minutes later.

Can't fault him for getting staph nor the required surgery but his stock is dropping significantly.

On the bright sides, Usman would be a more meaningful fight, and Costa should be 110% by the end of the month. Book him vs Whittaker for 297

Back