• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News [UPDATE] Khamzat Chimaev Vs. Kamaru Usman Now OFFICIAL for UFC 294. Costa Out of Fight.

Man, first time I'll root for Usman... WAR USMAN!! And he can definitely win, mind you. I don't see Khamzat winning this fight if Usman is properly bulked and have been training. He can definitely win this, way more than Volkanovski because of the circumstances.

Yeah but if Usman loses, that's 3 in a row. His career is kind of fucked.

Khamzat tossing Costa around the cage would've been hilarious.

Usman is turning 37 soon. He's kinda gotta go for broke here. Has no other option if he wants another crack at the belt. Any belt - whether its at WW or MW.

Just like Paula fans, Marty fans getting the excuses ready.

Everyone talks shit about Khamzat as if he sucks but every time he's possibly gonna fight someone, the preemptive excuses come out in advance.
Get real. Usman is a loss away from needing a step down in competition. It absolutely is the biggest fight for Khamzat but Usman is absolutely not looking like prime Usman. Sherdog has a strange way of acting like two things can’t exist. Like it’s one way or the other. The situation really is pretty obvious if you look objectively

Wow.

Usman may derail the hype train.

Surprised Khamzat agreed unless it's fixed.

Man I wanted to see how Khamzat deals with a huge strong berserker like Costa.

Oh well. I thought Khamzat would finish Usman when he was champ, I think second or first round finish for Khamzat here.

Two guys unranked and completely unproven at middleweight. Lol is the winner going to get a ranking off of this? There's no possible way Khamzat gets a title shot off of this, right?
Usman won't unless he gets a first round finish or 30-24 score. But Chimaev certainly will no matter what. A split decision robbery for Chimaev will have Dana fawning over him at the post fight presser and promoting him as the biggest dominant fighter and next potential GOAT.

This has always been the far better fight to make.

Dana just had to make the extra $$$ offer to Usman to make it happen at 185.

If Khamzat stays healthy and doesn't lose his mind he will beat Usman easily now and he will defeat Edwards for the title.

Just like Paula fans, Marty fans getting the excuses ready.

Everyone talks shit about Khamzat as if he sucks but every time he's possibly gonna fight someone, the preemptive excuses come out in advance.

Gilbert Burns: Hold my beer
l@nd0

I always predicted that this fight would turn out like the first Stipe vs Ngannou in the sense that the champion will stay composed and dominate the reckless up and coming challenger in every round. To be honest, I still felt that way even after Usman got knocked out by Leon.

After watching the third fight though, I think Khamzat's youth will win him the fight. Usman is not the same fighter who finished Burns with a jab.

This is a dangerous fight for Usman because I think Khamzat, despite his wrestling background, has better hands than Leon.

This would've been a great matchup a year and half ago. But now it's against the version of Usman that's lost 2 in a row, got sent to the shadow realm in one, and has no knee cartilage. Still would watch for the name values alone

This is a good opportunity for Usman to get back into the title picture quickly if he wins, and also gives Khamzat the biggest name on his resume.
A completely realistic take. But guess what? Most PPV buying fans aren't on Sherdog, and don't keep up with the sport like we do. This has shades of DC fighting Anderson Silva: same thing, shot fighter coming off the couch. What an easy fight for Zhat. Usman can't do anything off his back. 2 rounds max. Does he really get a title shot off this?

Did you forget pat bested dc in training ?
Did not forget buddeh, that was the entire basis for him getting the fight - apparently making DC cry at the Olympic training center, but that is unrelated to my point which was that the quality of short notice replacements is pretty goddamn good when A champ(volk) and possibly former champ(Usman if costa drops out) step in as opposed to comparatively much lower level MMA fighters like pat Cummins(great wrestler, not credentialed mmartist) fighting a monster like DC

Paula Costa pussied out. Feed him go China Man again.

Is this at 185lbs? This will be violent.

Get real. Usman is a loss away from needing a step down in competition. It absolutely is the biggest fight for Khamzat but Usman is absolutely not looking like prime Usman. Sherdog has a strange way of acting like two things can’t exist. Like it’s one way or the other. The situation really is pretty obvious if you look objectively
I think Marty took this fight because he has a win over Sean Strickland and he might be thinking he would get a TS with a win here. And to be fair his 2 loses are a fight he was winning and another one vs Leon Edwards. It's not like he is losing to fringe top 10 guys.

But reality is Khamzat is going to ruin him.

how are more than half of "fans" ignoring that these are all short notice fights, with the fighters going up in weight? a name alone means shite, if that name hasn't been training consistently. fight camp training, is totally different than moving around at the gym. i thought sherdog of all places knew better.

This.

So wait….. who’s belal fighting then….

Who?

Fucking called it. Bet my life Costa would pull out. Hate that I was right....Costa was one of my favorite fighters but Israel stole his soul and he will never be the same

Khamzat should take this fight serious. Honestly I was confident about the Costa fight because I knew with certainity that Costa would have turned up deer in the headlights but in Kamaru he has championship experience and have been thru grudges matches unlike Costa who gets jitters or can't sleep at night when there are grudge matches but Usman will not be phased on fight night you gotta beat him he will not turn up mentally beaten on before hand like Costa would have..

Chimaev needs to take way more serious opponents like that Kamaru who has the mental coolness Costa doesn't have. Same of Chimaev's opponents especially these he trash talks turn up deer in the headlights inside the octagon but Kamaru won't turn up like that. Burns and Chimaev there was no trash-talk and his opponent turn out okay. Burns had the mental coolness

This is a much tougher fight compared to the Costa fight

Back