• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UPDATE: Fedor legendary 9 wins -1 lost - 1 NC record against former UFC champions.

Hunt had like 15 minutes mma training when he fought Fedor and he still had Fedor looking like shit. Fedor was suppose to be the GOAT and a guy with 15 minutes of MMA training is looking for a kimura. That could happen only in HW division. Oh jeah and only reason those guys are still players in HW is because HW division is still shit and will never get better since there will never be enough big talented guys who want to get their faced bashed in.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Hunt had over 40 Kickboxing fights, and fought the likes of Cro Cop, Barnett, Wanderlei, and Yoshida before Fedor.

It's not embarrassing, but its a big wrinkle in the argument that Fedor the GOAT. Dan was a fight Fedor should have won on paper.

Also the Arona and Maldonado fights were bullshit

The problem with you Fedor fans is that you want it both ways. When Fedor beats guys like Mir in 2018 it's proof positive of his greatness, but when he gets KO'd cold the year before by Mittrione he's just past his prime.

Once again, you are showing how little you watch MMA.

- Dan Henderson was manhandled by Jake Shields who was a career WW, does that hurt his legacy? No, not in my eyes. Shit happens dude it's a fight.
- The Arona fight was under RINGS rules, I suggest you actually watch the fight and read the rules before posting some dumb shit like this. There are plenty of threads of people complaining Arona won, but fail to realize RINGS did not award top position. It focused on attempts to finish the fight where Fedor utilized more submission attempts. Give it a rest.
- The Maldonado fight probably should have been a Draw. Once again, people have revisionist history. Fedor won the last 2 rounds, Fabio won the 1st, probably should have been a 10-8.
- Fedor beating Mir didn't mean a whole lot to me.
- Mitrione is a big and highly ranked HW, shouldn't be a shock that he beat Fedor at this stage of his career.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Hunt had over 40 Kickboxing fights, and fought the likes of Cro Cop, Barnett, Wanderlei, and Yoshida before Fedor.

So what if he had 4000 kickboxing fights. That is not MMA. He had two years semi serious mma training before Fedor and still looked good. HW is shit and Fedor is not the GOAT. Fedor got humiliated by 100 year old MW.

So what if he had 4000 kickboxing fights. That is not MMA. He had two years semi serious mma training before Fedor and still looked good. HW is shit and Fedor is not the GOAT. Fedor got humiliated by 100 year old MW.

You make no sense. Kickboxing is a part of MMA just like Jui-Jitsu is a part of MMA. I don't understand your argument at all. Are you saying Mark Hunt was not as well rounded as Fedor? No shit.

What does Mark Hunt do today that he didn't do in 2006? He is a stand and trade fighter. Brock Lesnar blankets people and was HW champ. Ngannou is a one trick pony and just fought for the title. I'm sick of people acting like the HW's today are so much better.

How old are you? 10?

giphy.gif

You make no sense. Kickboxing is a part of MMA just like Jui-Jitsu is a part of MMA. I don't understand your argument at all. Are you saying Mark Hunt was not as well rounded as Fedor? No shit.

What does Mark Hunt do today that he didn't do in 2006? He is a stand and trade fighter. Brock Lesnar blankets people and was HW champ. Ngannou is a one trick pony and just fought for the title. I'm sick of people acting like the HW's today are so much better.

I have never said todays HW is better. It is the shittiest division right after the womens divisions. It has always been shit and will never change. So HW fighter cannot be GOAT.

Hunt had like 15 minutes mma training when he fought Fedor and he still had Fedor looking like shit. Fedor was suppose to be the GOAT and a guy with 15 minutes of MMA training is looking for a kimura. That could happen only in HW division. Oh jeah and only reason those guys are still players in HW is because HW division is still shit and will never get better since there will never be enough big talented guys who want to get their faced bashed in.
Lol see andy fight . Takase
And take into consideration weight difference

I have never said todays HW is better. It is the shittiest division right after the womens divisions. It has always been shit and will never change. So HW fighter cannot be GOAT.
Hw is king there is reason why people cut weight

It's ridiculous how in 2018 there are still daily "OMG Fedor is so great" threads

we get it, he was good (but NOT unbeatable).

I don't see the point in making fedor threads unless he is fighting someone in the here and now

bah !

I for one and I hope many other Fedor fans agree on that no man is unbeatable, but in his prime the WAY he just ferociously mauled dudes was insane,

that and being a small "fat" HW with big power and throwing with bad intentions constantly, catlike reflexes and crazy sub game was what made him so cool,
his demeanor, was good everywhere and always came to fight kill or be killed ! he never said or thought he was the best I am sure also :p

anyway I don't see the point of haters/dislikers of "example fighter" coming in to threads and arguing why he is not good and fans of him should be ashamed :D
is it not easier to just skip that and focus on the fighters you like instead and discuss that xD I guess in general that would be a good idea for sherdog lol

IDK

Brock Lesnar had less than that and he became the UFC champion.

Fedor has never fought in the UFC.

Will it happen?

Hw is king there is reason why people cut weight

DC just won the HW belt with relative ease. Goes to show you the level of competition HW has. These days when fighters actually know how to throw a punch anyone can win a HW belt if he gets lucky enough times.

Actually it's not.

Yup.

Thats why Lesnar destroyed Overeem so easily.

Ok are you really saying kickboxing is better base for MMA than wrestling because Lesnar lost to Overeem? LOL. You know that Overeem had been doing MMA over 10 years before he faced Lesnar? Overeem is another good example to show how much of a shit HW division is. Overeem was starting to face better competition in LHW and losing and decided to bulk up and go to HW where the competition is shit.

-Antonio Nogueira 1 (PRIDE 25 - 2003)
WillingGregariousEarthworm.gif

-Mark Coleman 1 (PRIDE FC Total elimination 2004)
BK8M.gif

-Kevin Randleman (PRIDE FC - Critical Countdown 2004)
A8gZ.gif

s-l1600.jpg

fedor-emelianenko-signed-11x14-photo-bas-beckett-coa-pride-fc-vs-kevin-randleman2-t7103784-1600.jpg

-Antonio Nogueira 2 (PRIDE final conflict 2004)

-Antonio Nogueira 3 (PRIDE Shockwave 2004)

5OTh.gif

-Mark Coleman 2 (PRIDE 32 The Real Deal 2006)
real2.gif

-Tim Sylvia (Affliction - Banned 2008)

LankyBabyishDogwoodclubgall.gif

affliction-bannedweighin_medium.jpg

affliction-banned-fighter-group.jpg

-Andrei Arlovski (Affliction - Day of Reckoning 2009)

2rztg7b.jpg

fOdLJ7G.gif
10xhr2d.jpg

-Fabricio Werdum (Strikeforce / M-1 Global - 2010)

10001329.gif

fedorwerdumgif.gif

-Frank Mir (Bellator 198 - 2018)
giphy.gif

fed-ko.gif

B1OnNyVTM_930x525__1.jpg
fedor-emelianenko-had-quite-the-gift-for-scott-coker-after-bellator-198.jpg
fedor-emelianenko-bellator-198-2.jpg

Truly one of the "GOATS", along with DJ, Aldo, GSP and DC.

He's not GOAT. He was great for a period of time, then somehow mysteriously got way worse when he fought in American promotions. Funny how that happens...USADA makes monsters look like mere mortals and fighting in America makes some Pride guys look pretty average.

Fedor lost to Matt Mitrione and Bigfoot Silva, stop.

Ok are you really saying kickboxing is better base for MMA than wrestling because Lesnar lost to Overeem? LOL. You know that Overeem had been doing MMA over 10 years before he faced Lesnar? Overeem is another good example to show how much of a shit HW division is. Overeem was starting to face better competition in LHW and losing and decided to bulk up and go to HW where the competition is shit.
He actually did a back and forth btw the LHW & HW div. The 1st time he went up was vs Sergei, obviously planning to compete in the HW Grand Prix...

Back