+++UPDATE: Can trees really grow multiple kinds of fruit+++ what kind of fruit tree should i plant

Stupid ass hummingbirds? You lost me with that one. Everybody except you thinks they're beautiful. What's wrong with hummingbirds??

Stupid ass hummingbirds? You lost me with that one. Everybody except you thinks they're beautiful. What's wrong with hummingbirds??

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing. WTF is wrong with that guy?

Since you are in Orange County, I suggest Oranges. Or how far are you from Knotts Berry Farm? Try farming some berries.

i am in the center of orange county, but knotts up to the northwest, roughly 15 miles from me, so like 30 min in heavy traffic lol. berries are cool but im tryin to make a tree line

there are so many and they all fight with each other

fuck birds in general though, only birds of prey are cool and worthy of living on my land

i am in the center of orange county, but knotts up to the northwest, roughly 15 miles from me, so like 30 min in heavy traffic lol. berries are cool but im tryin to make a tree line

there are so many and they all fight with each other

fuck birds in general though, only birds of prey are cool and worthy of living on my land
Birds control pests and many insects and the like. They will be your best friend with gardening.

img_3417.jpg

Peach tree. I have a peach tree (well a peach bush).

ive spent the last 5 minutes researching dragon fruit cacti and it turns out that they are perfect for southern california and dont need much care in my climate

legit going to plant one this week, thanks

Yellow ones are the best apparently.

Being in Cali you're pretty lucky. It's a tropical/subtropical climate so you can produce a lot of fruit that people have never heard of because the frost kills them in most places

I'd look into buying.

Hedges or trees that can be trimmed to hedges:

Feijoa - Get a couple of grafted cultivars (mammoth, Apollo, Duffy, White Goose etc. Feijoas are awesome, tough as nails and massive producers. This is the fruit that got me into the whole rare fruit growing.

Jaboticaba - Get a combo of large leaf and normal. The normal ones will take forever to fruit but the large ones will take 3-4 years.

Australian finger lime:
Microcitrus-australasica-Finger-lime-527.jpeg

They just look awesome...

I'll post some more in a bit. Check out the Cali rare fruit growers association would be my recommendation.

As a general rule of thumb try to find grafted trees rather than seedlings. Not always going to be possible but generally better.

Grafted trees produce fruit within a year or two as the tree that is grafted from is a mature tree and because it's from a parent that is fruiting you're guaranteed fruit providing a pollinator isn't necessary.

Seedlings are much less likely to die but fruit production can vary from tree to tree quite dramatically. Sometimes they won't even fruit. Also take much longer to fruit, with some tropicals you can be looking at 6-7 years.

Avocado is supposed to have anti-aging properties.

Yellow ones are the best apparently.

Being in Cali you're pretty lucky. It's a tropical/subtropical climate so you can produce a lot of fruit that people have never heard of because the frost kills them in most places

I'd look into buying.

Hedges or trees that can be trimmed to hedges:

Feijoa - Get a couple of grafted cultivars (mammoth, Apollo, Duffy, White Goose etc. Feijoas are awesome, tough as nails and massive producers. This is the fruit that got me into the whole rare fruit growing.

Jaboticaba - Get a combo of large leaf and normal. The normal ones will take forever to fruit but the large ones will take 3-4 years.

Australian finger lime:
Microcitrus-australasica-Finger-lime-527.jpeg

They just look awesome...

I'll post some more in a bit. Check out the Cali rare fruit growers association would be my recommendation.

Those are some pretty cool rare ones. Definitely interested in some unique fruit then neighbors won't have

As a general rule of thumb try to find grafted trees rather than seedlings. Not always going to be possible but generally better.

Grafted trees produce fruit within a year or two as the tree that is grafted from is a mature tree and because it's from a parent that is fruiting you're guaranteed fruit providing a pollinator isn't necessary.

Seedlings are much less likely to die but fruit production can vary from tree to tree quite dramatically. Sometimes they won't even fruit. Also take much longer to fruit, with some tropicals you can be looking at 6-7 years.

Will definitely do that

Peaches...cuz, you know.

Back