Back Squat
70 x3
95 x5 x4

Face pulls
3 sets of 12

Decline DB Bench
4 sets of 12

Notes
snatches were off until mark showed me video and I had a revelation which helped me shift in and really get my hip on the bar. Every snatch after this felt good.

First miss at 55 was before getting hip on the bar and the bar was a foot away from me. Not even close lol.

Cleans were good, last reps at 70 were best as I had another revelation thanks to mark.

Upper back, lats still sore coming into this session.

after cleans i was slowing down, pushed through my assistance work and bailed.

Had to yell at an ignorant kid who thought it would be cool to spray the cleaner in bottles into the chalk bowl while talking on the cell phone that was also blaring music loudly for all to hear. I shouted at him across the gym he put the bottle back on the shelf, looked at me started to grab the bottle again as I continued giving the look of death. He skipped on that and left. Fucking idiot.

Spraying the cleaner.. into the chalk bowls? What the fuck? What an ass.

Now hear this; the maintenance staff at my gym routinely vacuums the chalk bowl. Why?!?!?

Snatch
40 x2
45 x2
50 x1 x2
55 x1 x2
50 x1 x12

Clean
75 M
75 M
70 x1 x6

Back Squat
70 x3
90 x2
110 x2
120 NH
110 x2

Ass Chins
4 sets

Face Pulls
4 sets of 10

Strict Press
50 x 1 x 6

Notes

Snatches
went well, could not keep 55 close so I Backed off so as not to train a abd movement pattern.

All 12 singles at 50 looked good, all power snatches but mark was pleased with all of them.

Cleans were bad. last two at 70 were better but fuck me I was way off like i had never done them before. was letting shoulders roll forward at start. dumb.

Squats went okay, kind of backed off there anyway. My upper back/traps area is a wreck, it feels pumped and fatigued as hell.

Pleased with snatches, disappointed with cleans. We thought cleans from blocks would help fix my clean. So far it did not. FML.

Cleans from blocks can take a few tries to get used to. It's also frustrating to find the "sweet spot" for you mentally, height wise. Be it above or below the knee.
It can also be helpful to get a few angles of video while pulling from blocks and then compare your positions/mechanics to your floor work and note differences. Then just adjust accordingly.

Cleans from blocks can take a few tries to get used to. It's also frustrating to find the "sweet spot" for you mentally, height wise. Be it above or below the knee.
It can also be helpful to get a few angles of video while pulling from blocks and then compare your positions/mechanics to your floor work and note differences. Then just adjust accordingly.

I dont really take video anymore since I get direct coaching from mark.

He started using an app on Drew's Iphone called coaches eye that is pretty cool. It really helped break down mine and drew's lifts on saturday.

I just cannot shift in soon enough on cleans, and really need to work on pull under. I should probably quit doing the power versions of both lifts. It was just so odd that cleans of blocks went so well and I was really nailing them technique wise from saturday.

I also feel like I may need a deload. I have been racked with constant soreness the last couple weeks. I may just deload by doing less lifts for a week.

While a back off week period may be the go-to answer I'd look at what rehab/recovery modalities you're using first. Dynamic warmups/cool downs, contrast showers, rolling, massage, etc... These things help me immensely.

I do rolling and massage. Going to ice my traps/upper back now. I am sure eating less to lose some fat is not helping either.

Power Snatch
40 x2
45 x2
52.5 x1 x 2

Full snatch
60 M
62.5 M
65 M

Clean style deadlift
60 x3 x8 - 10

Squat
52.5 x 5
75 x5 x 2

Notes
Snatches went well, teh two I missed were out in front bar got away.

65 was there just lost in front.

Worked with Dan Bell on cleans he made me do Clean style deadlifts focusing on getting the butt back, emphasizing stretch in hamstrings and proper back angle. My hams and low back are fried.

Did one power clean after this to get bar to squat stands. Butt went back got stretch in hams and bar flew up, Hmmmmm.

I am beat so I did the minimum and bailed. Upper back has been so sore so skipped face pulls for today. Will miss Saturday due to work and will lift Sunday morning instead.

Back