Media Unpopular opinion: Johny Hendricks didn't have amazing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 30 + min of combat comes along with brutal weight cuts (except HW) that take months of recovery, brutal 8 week training camps and training year round. There is no off season.

Spamming TDs is all Colby can do. He is pillow fisted to the extreme. Fitch got TDs and grinded on his opponents. Go watch Lawler vs Colby. Not once was Robbie in any danger of being finished. Look at how Robbie gets up every time. Go watch Fitch TD opponents and control them, punish them. There is a big difference.

I think Fitch is clearly better than Hughes and get pissed when people have him higher in WW ATG talks. I am not underrating Fitch at all. Colby's just on a different level against different competition.

If you've never been punched by Johnny Hendricks how do you know his power

I think Fitch is clearly better than Hughes and get pissed when people have him higher in WW ATG talks. I am not underrating Fitch at all. Colby's just on a different level against different competition.
I think we will have to agree to disagree. I have Hughes over Fitch in WW Goat rankings due to title reigns, defences and overall career.

Covington has only 18 fights total and his level of competition isn't higher than either Fitch or Hughes. Your opinion of him doesn't line up with mine. But that's OK. Let's see if he has anything new for Usman this time.

I think we will have to agree to disagree. I have Hughes over Fitch in WW Goat rankings due to title reigns, defences and overall career.

Covington has only 18 fights total and his level of competition isn't higher than either Fitch or Hughes. Your opinion of him doesn't line up with mine. But that's OK. Let's see if he has anything new for Usman this time.

His competition is bad( at this point what elite 155/170 fighter hasn't dominated RDA?) agreed for me it's a case where the losses are what's holding up the resume. Kinda like Gus. If no one's competitive against Marty winning 2 rounds against him becomes an incredible feat that's greater than any of his wins.

I disagree with pure title defense counting and that's where the Fitch disagreement comes from. Fitch came into GSP's era how was he going to collect title defenses? While Hughes beat GSP once most of his resume was against the previous generation many of whom weren't even true WW's but lower level OW's who couldn't succeed at the higher weight classes. I have Shields above Hughes too(and above Fitch cause he didn't get obliterated by GSP).

Does anybody even train, Jesus, 99% of the time, excluding Francis, Mike Tyson, wilder types, most of the time power comes from knowing how to be in the exact spot you need to be it at the right moment, and finding your opening. Almost anybody in the ufc could knock out anybody in the ufc If the other guy just stood there. It's about trapping him between moments and than blasting

i
It was always talked about Hendricks amazing power, how he would KO people with just one punch, seemingly just touching them and they'd be out, but I think there's a misconception here.

In the gifs below all of the people he's putting out with one punch are in an extremely vulnerable position, he makes them move back, get them off balance, and when he hits them there is nowhere for the energy from the punch to travel, so of course it shakes their brain badly, but I think any pillow fisted WW would be able to do that, given these variables (Hendricks is not pillowfisted though, just nothing special).

Leaning back, feet are well in front of his head, Fitch was 80% of the reason for this being a KO.
tumblr_my2q5mrGlB1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Same here with Kampmann.
tumblr_mdpn6l6BwC1qzwhb0o1_400.gif

Standing on one leg in the middle of wild swing, possible the worst base imaginabe. (Help me out, I don't know who this is)
tumblr_mxnezmJKpB1qedt5eo1_400.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if we compare to other situations:

GSP not in a particularly good position either, and not know for a godly chin survived an extended mauling by Hendricks through out the fight.
gsp%2Bclinch%2Bgif.gif

Koscheck.
tumblr_m3pyy81XsK1qlskhvo1_500.gifv

Lawler hit clean twice, a good chin historically but remember what Woodley did to both Koscheck and Lawler (although Lawler fought Woodley a bit later, and the then situation was similar to the first 2 gifs of Hendricks)
EO4J.gif
tis the power of ze steroidz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back