Unpaid Bare Knuckle Fighter Scandal Leaves Chris Leben Questioning Bas Rutten

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“As of up to right now, Bas is still standing behind and supporting the owner Tom.”

Chris Leben is not certain how much Bas Rutten knew about World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation not paying their fighters, but he doesn’t believe any of it paints Rutten in a positive light.

Leben spoke to the Pull No Punches podcast with Kajan Johnson and Shakiel Mahjouri about his planned lawsuit against WBKFF owner Tom Stankiewicz. Leben also touched on company president Bas Rutten’s involvement.

“I’ve known Bas for 20 years, love him. I have always had a great relationship with Bas,” Leben insisted. “Best case scenario: Bas knew we weren’t going to get paid in a timely fashion before we all flew out to fight in Wyoming, because the bank account was suspended before that and he knew it.

“Worst case scenario: he knew we were never going to get paid at all. Adding, “The one thing I will say is, as of up to right now, Bas is still standing behind and supporting the owner Tom.”

The long-time fan-favorite fighter had reportedly sued WBKFF for $90,000 in unpaid wages. Leben, 38, says it took a while to track Stankiewicz down, but he is finally ready to serve him legal paperwork.

“The owner Tom [Stankiewicz] here in a couple days will be going to prison and we will be able to serve him,” he said. “We haven’t been able to track him down to serve him the paperwork.”

Leben said Stankiewicz is going to prison on a separate charge of real estate fraud, although Bloody Elbow has yet to verify those allegations.

“If you talk to him or Bas, he borrowed $2.5 million from some people. They thought he was going to invest it but he spent it all on promotion and it was a big misunderstanding,” Leben expressed. “According to — I don’t know — the federal government that is sending him to federal prison for fraud, it was fraud.”

. . .

BloodyElbow.com

Wait.. so the owner of a bare knuckle fight promotion is shady..

Interdasting

When they offered Leben 100,000$ to fight in a bare knuckle org it should raised a few red flags. Still this makes Bas look bad and I hope Leben is able to get some of his money out of this WBKFF shit show.

Imagine being so entitled you have to sue people over small shit.

It's only a matter of time before your banned bud you shit on every thread.

CheerfulDelectableBeaver-size_restricted.gif

Member since Saturday? With your D level trolling skills I'll bet this account lasts less than a week total.

Wait.. so the owner of a bare knuckle fight promotion is shady..

Interdasting
This

An upstart fist-to-face organization in Wyoming of wherever due to lack of interest and sanctioning bodies

Who would pay anyone $90,000 to punch someone in the face? More men would get involved if $90,000 was the guaranteed pay

Didn't Bas shit on this org immediately after the first event?

What are some of your last accounts?I'm sure I had a few on ignore.

Didn't Bas shit on this org immediately after the first event?

Iirc he came down on them hard and wrote this long story about how f'd up the owner or whatever was and how he was stealing money from everyone and I think Bas included.Idr it perfectly nor do I care enough to find it,but it is all very odd.

This

An upstart fist-to-face organization in Wyoming of wherever due to lack of interest and sanctioning bodies

Who would pay anyone $90,000 to punch someone in the face? More men would get involved if $90,000 was the guaranteed pay

I’d take a Leben left hand for 9 grand let alone 90

If the guy is going to jail for fraud that doesn't bode well for Chris getting paid from any civil suit. :(

aside from the obvious that he used to beat people up for a living Bas' hilarious how-to street fight vids are proof that he's quite capable of being a shady mf'er himself.

Never liked bas always seemed phony and disingenuous

But nobody is paying leben
90,000 for a bare knuckle fight — not buying the story

Lobgot got 20k — pretty much top market

I think they might give Paulie 75ish

As the old saying goes... if it sounds too good to be true ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back