Unknown interesting wealth statistics

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
Richest people on Earth have majority of their wealth spreaded in stocks and company shares,
and then based on that , they are worth xy billions of $ .
But , if such bilionare is worth 10 billions , that doesn't mean he has 10 bils on his bank account.
So, is there any info on who has the most amount of money on his account ?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Richest people on Earth have majority of their wealth spreaded in stocks and company shares,
But , if such bilionare is worth 10 billions , that doesn't mean he has 10 bils on his bank account.

What does this mean?

Nobody has 5B sitting in a checking account.

They have stocks, bonds, ownerships, real estate, and other investments.

Rich people don't even know what they have in the bank, that's too grainular for them. I had the surreal experience of going to the bank with a fairly rich guy (10 to 100 million range, a genuine 1%er but not the kind of guy who owns a congressman as a pet).

All his cards got rejected at the ATM and we had to go into the bank. Some customer service guy comes over in the branch and he tells them his card isn't working. So the guy goes to his desk. Plugs the card in to a reader and his whole demeanor changed when the accounts came up. Now he's beaming at us and offering us coffee or waters like he's the hostess at a diner. Turns out 3 different cards had been suspended for inactivity cause this dude hadn't purchased anything himself or made a withdrawl in over 6 months.

It's a whole different reality having that kind of wealth. You don't need to have liquid capital. And that's not even super rich. If Bezos lost this guy's whole net worth it wouldn't even be that bad a day for him.

No. It’s amazing to me people don’t know this. It means that, combined with their income, their stocks and assets are worth billions. Not that they have billions in their checking account, though they probably do have millions in there.

No. It’s amazing to me people don’t know this. It means that, combined with their income, their stocks and assets are worth billions. Not that they have billions in their checking account, though they probably do have millions in there.
Conclusion.
'Richest' person on the world is not the one with the highest amount of money on his bank account.
{<redford}

How little?

$500?

It would be relative to their overall net worth. I would venture to guess a billionaire would keep 5% of their assets liquid. I am worth a decent amount but not a millionaire and I keep 5% liquid.

The rate of return on a checking or savings account is very low. They can invest in businesses, stocks, futures, international opportunities and get a lot more return on their money. If you get 1% interest on a typical account but can get 12% off of the stock market, why would you keep your money in a bank? I am 35 so all my investments right now are aggressive. If I was a billionaire I'd want to be aggressive with a lot of money and then balance it out with some safe investments.

rich people invest. putting it in a bank is not getting you shit on your money

ps if you know about it then it is not unknown

Back