Unknown interesting wealth statistics

So, is there any info on who has the most amount of money on his account ?
Well, there was the account linked earlier in this thread where an ATM receipt was found showing that a person (allegedly David Tepper but he denies it) had almost $100 million in their savings account before withdrawing $400 and being charged a $2.75 ATM fee.

Floyd Mayweather had $123 million in a checking account as of 2013.

https://www.businessinsider.com/floyd-mayweather-has-123-million-bank-account-2013-9

But generally, people have assets and investments and various accounts with various banks across the world, often in tax havens. So hard to know.

Last edited:
With hard evidence, probably David Tepper

Fucking Capital One still charged him an ATM fee.
article-0-0CCAE7DF00000578-387_468x456.jpg

Do you think they should only charge poor people?

The spendable money they have comes through dividends. A guy like Bill Gates is a shareholder and is entitled to dividends based on the value of stocks he owns in Microsoft. It could be yearly, quarterly or 3x a year but that is how he makes his money.

Offourse if he wanted to purchase something big he would have to sell some of his shares.

I agree with you that it is a ton of money lol. I think people like that probably don't use ATMs often. They are the type of people that have people to do those things. Maybe they have a special entrance and get their money in a briefcase. I have zero clue how all that would go. I'm just upper middle class trash. <GOT2>
I would imagine a billionaire using an ATM would be because a restaurant or store they really wanted to go to had their card reader down and the billionaire is looking around baffled thinking, “where the hell even is the closest ATM?”

Last edited:
If you have 6 months of mortgage saved ahead of time, you are wealthy. Unless your mortgage is like $100 a month. Then you just own a shitty house.
Not really, just could be thrifty or a good saver. I had that at one point, but used it for work on my house. Wasn’t wealthy, just saved for that specific reason. If I was careful I could get to that point again, but I hate eating frozen dinners and water for long periods of time.

Well, there was the account linked earlier in this thread where an ATM receipt was found showing that a person (allegedly David Tepper but he denies it) had almost $100 million in their savings account before withdrawing $400 and being charged a $2.75 ATM fee.

Floyd Mayweather had $123 million in a checking account as of 2013.

https://www.businessinsider.com/floyd-mayweather-has-123-million-bank-account-2013-9

But generally, people have assets and investments and various accounts with various banks across the world, often in tax havens. So hard to know.
All data is in the databases .
It would be cool to have all those databases in sync, so you could just wrote a simple SQL to join all those DB tables and get a SUM of all table fields containing the info on account available amount and then sort it out in the descending order by the sum field.
That would be interesting piece of info.

What we are always informed about in the news is aprox amount of money someone would have if those assets are cashed out , which is also fine to a degree but then when you go buy something you are usually paying with money on your account.

Depositors insurance only covers $250k per account, so you would have to be silly to have more than that in a checking account. And wealthier people are smart enough not to keep large sums of money places where it’s not earning them money. You can keep a month or two of salary on your checking account and have a 6-month chunk of money in a money market account or high yield savings account for emergency, but other money should be invested in more profitable areas.

Depositors insurance only covers $250k per account, so you would have to be silly to have more than that in a checking account. And wealthier people are smart enough not to keep large sums of money places where it’s not earning them money. You can keep a month or two of salary on your checking account and have a 6-month chunk of money in a money market account or high yield savings account for emergency, but other money should be invested in more profitable areas.
David Tepper, while denying that the $100 million savings account was his said "I would never do something as irresponsible as leaving $100 million in a savings account." Given his background, I believe him. I'm guessing the receipt was from some nouveau riche asshole, athlete, entertainer, trust fund kid who hasn't figured it out yet, something like that. Not sure why Tepper was reported as being the owner, though. I guess having it in a savings account is slightly better than Mayweather having $123 million in a checking account, though. :)

Anything is better than letting it sit in a checking account. Even some ultra conservative investments like CD's.
I used to keep +\-15-20k only in checking and the majority in a money market account. And i had my direct deposit automatically put a percentage in the money market account every month.

The money market account got decent interest as long as you had +10k in it at all times.

Back