Unique and Unusual KO's.

shankmcgank

Beep/Boop/Bop
@Black
Reaction score
This is one of the most unique and unusual knockouts I have seen in MMA.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I stumbled across it today, but can't be bothered to do the research to cite where it's from. Bonus points for any Sherbros with information on it.

(Edit: @Overeem said this is Shintaro Ishiwatari vs. Kazuhuro Ito in Sengoku)

I think this would actually be legal in the UFC as he was not spiked on his head, but rather slammed on his face. Regardless it seems very dangerous and could leave someone with a severe neck injury, maybe even potential paralysis.

Post up some of your favorite unique, unusual or interesting knockouts.

I'm looking at you, Rampage (vs. Arona)

and

Jessica (vs. Rose).

Post 'em up !

Last edited:
Ko via leg kick
pdyvgmxomb911.gif

Double KO
HalfScaryAmberpenshell-max-1mb.gif

Self KO
ExemplaryDishonestBeauceron-size_restricted.gif

KO from punches from bottom of mount

KO from a kiss
BlankFlashyAngora-size_restricted.gif

No contact KO from the Michael Jordan of BJJ
tumblr_n5sfge0fKq1sdqajoo2_400.gif

Siyar 'the Merciful' knocked down his opponent with a body kick, and then knocked him unconscious to save him from having to feel the pain of the body kick
tumblr_p7kaenS6Mm1rofocqo1_400.gifv

Last edited:
OSP had a load of bizarre ones in his first few UFC fights

Cool examples so far. I wonder what the hell the guy was trying to do in the OP. I would say "the guy on bottom" but he is positionally actually on top. The guy with his legs wrapped around the other guy's head. Can't see an arm locked or anything but it is a weird angle. Whatever he was going for, it looks pretty dumb that he holds onto that weird nonsense position right up until get KOd by face slam.

Anyway, don't have the gif but a guy threw a punch from the bottom of mount and it somehow KOd the guy on top. OneFC I think it was? That was different for sure.

EDIT: I got one. The only droppage from a toe kick in MMA history:
NINTCHDBPICT000556559782.jpg

I credit Conor for inventing a KO technique never applied in kickboxing or MMA history. Certainly not Cerrone for dropping to a technique that has never worked before throughout human history.

Eagerly await any other pics/gifs of it happening ever before in human history. MMA or kickboxing please, any examples? Because if I'm wrong I'm sure a Conor fan has one handy... right? Would certainly fit the description of this thread...

Last edited:
Antoni Hardonk (spelling?) Had some nasty kicks. Used to love watching his fights. Good call OG.

Yep, and the guy he TKO'd was Sherman Pendergarst. Wasn't a great fighter, but super tough. Fought his last fight on his record after a year of having colon cancer, which ended up killing him a few months later.

I credit Conor for inventing a KO technique never applied in kickboxing or MMA history. Certainly not Cerrone for dropping to a technique that has never worked before throughout human history.
Cerrone was semi-KO'd by a shoulder strike, then KO'd with a Left High Toe. Then admits to simply showing up for a fight he had zero interest in being there for. Conor 2.0 blah blah blah.

Those are good ones! I was going to say that A Silva upward elbow KO is one of my favorites that few people have seen. His KO from his back against Yushin Okami is a classic also, even though AS was DQ'd.

Then admits to simply showing up for a fight he had zero interest in being there for. Conor 2.0 blah blah blah.

SSHHH come on bro. No one wants Stephen A Smith to be proven right. He'll now claim he understands MMA better than anybody, fighters, analysts anybody lol. For context:

Cerrone was semi-KO'd by a shoulder strike, then KO'd with a Left High Toe. Then admits to simply showing up for a fight he had zero interest in being there for. Conor 2.0 blah blah blah.

Willingly stopped himself from completing the easy-ass takedown that Conor left himself wide open for with that awful first left hand he whiffed.

That rampage power bomb was fucking scary!

Back