Unilateral, DE work, infinite intensity, complex training, endurance,heavy lifting...

what does RE stand for?

ME - maximal effort (top weight)
DE - dynamic effort (speed)
RE - ?

recovery effort?

I think I may actually do a variant of this over the summer... I really like the 50/20 clean/FS/PP conditioning type session... can that be done every session? Because I have limited equipment for stuff like strongman, so would it be lacking to do the clean/FS/PP 50/20 on every conditioning session? Hope that makes sense.

I believe using complexes for conditioning as well as getting stronger is the way to go. More bang for your buck. Sandbag carry+Sledge Hammer+ Sled Drag makes one heck of a useful circuit. Very MMA oriented.

I think I may actually do a variant of this over the summer... I really like the 50/20 clean/FS/PP conditioning type session... can that be done every session? Because I have limited equipment for stuff like strongman, so would it be lacking to do the clean/FS/PP 50/20 on every conditioning session? Hope that makes sense.

Based on personal experience, I would NOT do a 50/20 clean/fs/pp routine 3 times a week... I would not reccomend a 3 50/20 sessions of ANY type per week. Especially not compounded with outside training. most sessions of this type are blatantly punishing. They hurt, they're miserable, they reduce you to a pile of quivering goo on the floor, and if they didn't you didn't do them properly.

Pick a crossfit session (I feel gross for saying that) or a ross style conditioning session or something to do two days a week. the 50/20 drills are, in my eyes, similar to one of ross's warrior challenges.

oh, and RE = Repetitious effort.

Sorry for my absence.

This is an excellent template which I am stealing. Thanks for doing the grunt work on the programming.

I have a feeling it's going to be real helpful (especially the strength workout style) when free time becomes in short supply here in the next couple months.

Urban I'm planning on starting this here next week when I start my summer program for wrestling. Besides Starting Strength. What other literature do I need for this program. I know you've mentioned some conditioning by Ross and I don't have any of his stuff.

I just bought Infinite Intensity, Never Gymless and Full throttle conditionning from Ross's website. All are excellent and very useful. If you really can afford only one, then I'd say Full throttle conditionning, but if you can just go for all three. With Starting Strength, I feel this is all the books I'll ever need for training.

just wanted to bump this very awesome sticky deserving thread

what kind of crossfit sessions have you picked, Urban?

Bump. I've been through this once now, and so far I'm liking it. I had to tweek it for my needs of course, but overall, I like it.

i wish i knew what Urban had stashed away for his crossfit stuff :(

Good to know I have finn's seal of approval actually.

GZA you own any of ross's stuff? if so, what do you have?

Meh... probably dumb questions but when you say "3 sets of max reps with 60s rest" how many reps are considered "max reps?" Also... I just wanted to make sure that I read this right, but doing martial arts ON TOP of the condition that this routine entails would not be overdoing it?

I suppose max reps would either be failure or +1 (leaving one rep on the table)...

with this type of volume..+1 or +2 would be appropriate...

By the way Urban...

I like it...A L O T

zach even-esh showed a template of his and i like it a bit better than the ws4sb template.

For RE work, I use EDT and its working great.

Back