Undeserved title shots, by division

Arlovski vs Mirko would be something I'd love to see, actually. Well, at the time. Certainly not now.
Don't get me wrong, I'd would love to see that fight (Then). What I mean is, it was probably not in the UFC best interest to overspend in that trip only to risk his champ to be destroyed by CroCop.

CroCop was on a tear at the time. After his mental fart resulting in Roidelman knocking his living daylights, he fought Alecks, Barnet, the Randelman rematch and Coleman in a span of six months, al first round finishes. By the time the Andrei fight should happen, he fought Magomedov, a good fighter from Fedor's Red Devils camp that was trying to test Fedor's strategy, and tko him with a liver kick in the first too.

Hungry/Avenging CroCop was a mythical figure that dwarfed Chuck Liddell with that look in his eyes, Motivated B.J. Penn, Sea Level Cain and Shogun with Good Knees etc.

These were both replacements.
Ahh. "However, the day of the weigh ins, Barão had to be admitted to the hospital as a result of his attempts to cut weight. Dillashaw faced UFC newcomer Joe Soto in the main event."

Thanks.

Conor vs Alavarez was fine as he was coming off beating #4 Diaz.

That certainly is the debate :)

Back