Underrated Amazing Fights Thread

Tyson Griffin vs Clay Guida
Tyson Griffin vs Frankie Edgar
Wilson Gouveia vs Goran Reljic
Joachim Hansen vs Shinya Aoki (the whole trilogy)
Kurt Pellegrino vs Nate Diaz
Kurt Pellegrino vs Joe Stevenson (this one NEVER gets talked about. Forgotten WAR.)

Great post. Many are so unaware of Pele Landis and how utterly dangerous he was as a Vale Tudo striker, easily one of the best strikers i have ever witnessed.

A protege of the great Rafael Cordero (Spelling is off lol) - But CHute Box were on fire and Pele was absolutely thee most dangerous of the strikers barring Wandy at the time - fell out badly with Anderson and apparently got serious

CHeck out Rafeal here - just a technique monster

[YT]5iP049SdOOE[/YT]

Lytle vs Lawler was friggin epic. They kept tagging each other and yelling props for a great punch in the middle of the cage.

A few others from TUF Finales:

Rashad Evans vs. Brad Imes
Kendall Grove vs. Ed Herman
Luke Cummo vs. Joe Stevenson

All epic wars.

I don't hear this one brought up all that often, but I am gonna say Nog/Werdum 1.:)

a few others from tuf finales:

Rashad evans vs. Brad imes
kendall grove vs. Ed herman
luke cummo vs. Joe stevenson

all epic wars.

herman and grove for sure. That fight gets no credit and was better than griffin-bonner. Ground clinic on display by both

From what I remember Ed Herman vs Trevor Smith was pretty damn good

3.gif

Suprised no one hasnt mentioned.

Overeem vs Big Foot
Shamrock vs Kimbo
Paddy Holodan vs Vaughan Lee
Edgar vs Oliveira

3.gif

Suprised no one hasnt mentioned.

Hell yes, this is one of my favourites too! Another one that never gets mentioned in these discussions that didn't even win FOTN was Dustin Ortiz vs Justin Scoggins. There wasn't any rock'em sock'em action but the variety of techniques and the scrambles were just amazing, thoroughly enjoyable fight!!

Word on Saku Smirnovas.

Also Saku vs Galesic

And (unfortuantely I cant find video anymore) Nakamura vs Cristea. Maybe the greatest grappling match ever in mma.

Joseph Benavidez vs. John Moraga was pretty good but it was immediately followed by Browne/Arlovski.

Back