Undefeated

Pacman the GOAT? lmfao fuckouttahere

Nate and Masvidal? Impossible. Mcgregor? Nearly impossible at this point, he'd have to be way more active but that isn't going to happen. Beat Khabib in a rematch, beat Gaethje, Tony and Poirier, beat Usman, defend the lightweight belt 5x. Not going to happen but that's what he'd need to do.

Pacquiao has lost a few fights but not like Diaz has and has won belts in 8 different weight classes. Idk if I'd call him the GOAT but I get what you're saying as I rank him higher than Fraud Mayweather.

i don't think so
it helps, sure, but it's not entirely necessary
GSP is probably no1 and he lost
Fedor is probably 2 (even though he is 1 for me but i won't start that discussion) and he lost
Silva is probably 3 and he lost (peds notwithstanding which tarnishes his rep but heck)

fedor could have easily retired undefeated. sometimes fighters fight for too long, and end up getting losses....that 1 loss fedor had on his record, before he started losing, was not a loss...it should have been declared a no contest.

Undefeated is overrated

Could you imagine if someone started their career 4-3 and then won 40 fights in a row against good competition... Some asshole would think that 44-3 record isn't as good/better than 20-0 lmao

Khabib has like maybe 5 good wins.
Common man, you’re ridiculous.
Khabib has 4 excellent wins:
Conor
Dustin
Justin
RDA

3 great wins:
Barboza
MJ
Iaquinta

2 good wins:
Tibau
Trujillo

Chris Weidman probably has more high ranked wins then khabib does. Just saying. Someone look into it.

Common man, you’re ridiculous.
Khabib has 4 excellent wins:
Conor
Dustin
Justin
RDA

3 great wins:
Barboza
MJ
Iaquinta

2 good wins:
Tibau
Trujillo
In no universe is Michael Johnson or Al Iaquinta a great win.

When where Masvidal and Diaz ever even close to the best in the UFC. So how the f*ck would they even come close to being considered GOATs?

Chris Weidman probably has more high ranked wins then khabib does. Just saying. Someone look into it.
He definetly does not. Pat Healy, Michael Johnson, Edson Barboza, Rafael Dos Anjos and Gleison Tibau where all ranked in the top 10 when Khabib beat them. Add to that McGregor, Poirier and Gaethje and he has 8 top 10 wins. Chris Weidman on the other hand has Maia, Munos, Silva x2, Machida, Belfort and Gastelum, 7 top 10 wins where one was a freak leg injury and another where a over confident dominant champ playing.

Bernard Hopkins lost his first pro boxing match. By far not close to GOAT. But still had a great career.

And honestly in my opinion there is no GOAT. It's a stupid argument. Pick your own. Or exchange numbers and text about it.

<Grimes01>

You consider Pacman the GOAT because you don't know shit about boxing

Reality is Pacman is a top 30 fighter all time pretty easily, I think Floyd sneaks in too, but Pacman's losses don't really matter. Same with MMA, being undefeated doesn't really mean much unless you have the resume to back it up, Fedor did.
<Dany07>
who WWE stars, D1 wrestlers on gear, kick boxer who first entered kick boxing gym at age 20 or boxer/ drug dealer who was convinced by his roommate to invest his prize money into drug selling business. (by the way they used all of it)

<Dany07>
who WWE stars, D1 wrestlers on gear, kick boxer who first entered kick boxing gym at age 20 or boxer/ drug dealer who was convinced by his roommate to invest his prize money into drug selling business. (by the way they used all of it)

Go back to school, dropping out before 8th grade has made your sentence structure unbearable and your thoughts incoherent

Of course you can. It depends on a lot of things, like when you lost etc.

All the top 3 goats in MMA has losses.

Masvidal and Diaz Are not goat, and they couldn’t be. I still love both.

In no universe is Michael Johnson or Al Iaquinta a great win.
They are contender level fighters who could’ve been title defences if Khabib got the title earlier. They are no worse than Ray Borg, Anthony Smith, Dan Hardy or Patrick Cote.

MJ fucked up Tony and Dustin

They are contender level fighters who could’ve been title defences if Khabib got the title earlier. They are no worse than Ray Borg, Anthony Smith, Dan Hardy or Patrick Cote.

MJ fucked up Tony and Dustin
Michael Johnson has a couple of great wins. He also has 16 losses.

One doesn’t need to be undefeated but it can help bolster somebody’s case as it does with Khabib and Jones (we all know he’s really undefeated).

He definetly does not. Pat Healy, Michael Johnson, Edson Barboza, Rafael Dos Anjos and Gleison Tibau where all ranked in the top 10 when Khabib beat them. Add to that McGregor, Poirier and Gaethje and he has 8 top 10 wins. Chris Weidman on the other hand has Maia, Munos, Silva x2, Machida, Belfort and Gastelum, 7 top 10 wins where one was a freak leg injury and another where a over confident dominant champ playing.
Pat Healy has never been ranked in the top 10. Neither has Tibau.

There is something to be said about meeting your match, tasting the humble pie and having the fortitude to come back from a defeat. So losses in on themselves aren't a GOAT deal breaker for me, no.

Back