Unconventional Shaolin Strength Training

Pain is just an indicator. It's your body's was of saying "Do not want." Even if you can manage to muscle through the pain/indicator, it doesn't change the damage factor.

So if I kick Mithra in the junk real hard and he "ignores the pain"....it won't change the fact that he has a set of smashed grapes in his bean bag.

If I read this correctly young man you are inferring they are no better than illusionists and circus trick performers.
Please lets expand this debate.

Why Shaolin Monks Suck
by Barut

1. They are little azn gymnasts who don't compete in fighting.
2. They don't have chicks.
3. They shave their heads, but send donations to Cordelane.
4. They're gymnasts.
5. Gymnasts are queer.
6. Monks are queer.

Quit watching corny kung fu movies. If the Monks were so awesome, they could pwn China.

Pain is just an indicator. It's your body's was of saying "Do not want." Even if you can manage to muscle through the pain/indicator, it doesn't change the damage factor.

So if I kick Mithra in the junk real hard and he "ignores the pain"....it won't change the fact that he has a set of smashed grapes in his bean bag.

True that. I just can't figure out why you'd WANT to do that.

Why Shaolin Monks Suck
by Barut

4. They're gymnasts.
5. Gymnasts are queer.
6. Monks are queer.

Quit watching corny kung fu movies. If the Monks were so awesome, they could pwn China.

LOL The minute I read that guy saying that I was awaiting a B0rt response. This thread could truly become epic, and that guy could go in the S&P Wall of Shame.

True that. I just can't figure out why you'd WANT to do that.

LOL The minute I read that guy saying that I was awaiting a B0rt response. This thread could truly become epic, and that guy could go in the S&P Wall of Shame.

In the FAQ somewhere it really should have a "F*ck with Barut at your own risk" warning at the top...

I remember seeing a clip of a Japanese TV show that had Genki Sudo on it (I believe Nobuaki Kakuda was on as well). They went to one of those 'combat ki' type dojos, and had Genki punch and kick these guys in a variety of places.

Most of them were BS (like having four people simultaneously hit you in the throat), but they did have one guy get repeatedly kicked in the nuts by Genki. He was hitting shin-on-balls and definitely not pulling them.

Fuck that noise.

Fake edit: Found it. It's actually 'Juko Kai'

real edit: Goddamn those guys take round kicks to the body, too. Ow.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhUGKsfklHQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhUGKsfklHQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If I read this correctly young man you are inferring they are no better than illusionists and circus trick performers.
Please lets expand this debate.

Why Shaolin Monks Suck
by Barut

4. They're gymnasts.
5. Gymnasts are queer.
6. Monks are queer.

I've gotta admit man, Barut makes a good point. Monks don't get chicks. What good is Iron Peach Skill if you can't use your Iron branch?

I mean even illusionists like Criss Angel get chicks. He got Gina Carano to stand on his stomach!

His stunts also put the Monks to shame.

YouTube - Criss Angel - Fly

Criss Angel - Mindfreak - S01E08 - Superhuman - Full

Now that's a serious pimp.

Cris Angel makes me want to punch a nun.

Think you can handle him?

crissangelcrop.jpg

I went to the original Shaolin Temple in China on my last trip. While the temple has turned into touristy schlock, there were huge throngs of students there doing some pretty crazy shit. 4 years olds doing tumbles, cartwheels and backflips. There was one class of what looked like 10-13 year olds standing in dirt repping out like 20 pistols, before running down a dirt track and doing a front flip/cartwheel.

I went to the original Shaolin Temple in China on my last trip. While the temple has turned into touristy schlock, there were huge throngs of students there doing some pretty crazy shit. 4 years olds doing tumbles, cartwheels and backflips. There was one class of what looked like 10-13 year olds standing in dirt repping out like 20 pistols, before running down a dirt track and doing a front flip/cartwheel.

Well that may look cool, a barbarian or a viking would pick up that 150 pound monk, throw him onto a rock and then 3rd world curb stomp his ass.

Unemployment has it's advantages.

Well that may look cool, a barbarian or a viking would pick up that 150 pound monk, throw him onto a rock and then 3rd world curb stomp his ass.

oh god, Ninjas vs. vikings? Ninjas would win, mainly because they'd kill the viking while he was busy raping.

I just like the idea of kids, en masse, doing pistols. It was pretty impressive how easily they were repping them out too.

oh god, Ninjas vs. vikings? Ninjas would win, mainly because they'd kill the viking while he was busy raping.

I just like the idea of kids, en masse, doing pistols. It was pretty impressive how easily they were repping them out too.

Dude - its the twenty-first century; all ninjas are professional starcraft players now.

Dude - its the twenty-first century; all ninjas are professional starcraft players now.

Do I need to go over this again? Only blue-assed Asians forgo ninja training to become professional starcraft players. All non blue-assed Asians go to Ninja High.

Do I need to go over this again? Only blue-assed Asians forgo ninja training to become professional starcraft players. All non blue-assed Asians go to Ninja High.

Fine - you are the expert.

Why are you not in the squat comp? Join team Standard. We need a ninja.

Why Shaolin Monks Suck
by Barut

4. They're gymnasts.
5. Gymnasts are queer.
6. Monks are queer.

B0rt for admin.

Fine - you are the expert.

Why are you not in the squat comp? Join team Standard. We need a ninja.

You really don't want to know what my last ME squat session looked like. It's pretty remarkable how much I've regressed in 4 weeks.

You really don't want to know what my last ME squat session looked like. It's pretty remarkable how much I've regressed in 4 weeks.

We have two members who did not know they where on our team and the Misses has not squatted in 3 months. Give that - your regression looks pretty good. Plus, your GF works all the fucking time so you can go to the gym after you finish billing clients.

Back