UN urges US to tamp down use of force by officers in Portland, warns of ‘human rights violations’

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
“There have been reports that peaceful protesters have been detained by unidentified police officers and that is a worry because it may place those detained outside the protection of the law and may give rise to arbitrary detention and other human rights violations,” Liz Throssell, a U.N. human rights spokeswoman, said at a news briefing in Geneva on Friday.

Police said crowds of people have thrown Molotov cocktails, lit fires in parks and in trash cans and released hundreds of gallons of water from fire hydrants during the nightly protests, which have been going on for nearly two months following the death of George Floyd in May.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/un-us-force-officers-portland-human-rights-violations

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/29/world/americas/united-nations-portland-protests.html

So the federal government stepping in after billions of dollars of damage being done is a human rights violation, but yet they are silent about all of the shit that goes on in China? That doesn't make sense at all.

I can't imagine it's very hard to find these rioters mug shots and arrest information.

I'll just patiently wait for them to TutTut all the other major countries that are far worse than the us on arresting people before I take them seriously, thanks.

Ch42GDl.jpg
Jesus flipped our their tables and told them to leave the place of worship, he didn't try to firebomb them

Jesus flipped our their tables and told them to leave the place of worship, he didn't try to firebomb them
Yeah, it's not like Jesus didn't have a history of destroying entire cities.

"Therehave been reports that peaceful protesters have been detained by unidentified police officers and that is a worry because it may place those detained outside the protection of the law and may give rise to arbitrary detention and other human rights violations"

Never happened.

Back