ummm, ok. nastiest true story Ive ever told on here

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
so I got out of my bath which I just made a thread about and thought, might as well get extrrrrraaaaa clean and clean out my ears! so I went at them with qtips.

after cleaning my ears with qtips nearly to satisfaction, I was disturbed to see a bit of blood on one from my left ear. I was immediately concerned so I used more qtips very gently to try and clean up the blood.

I couldnt get rid of this feeling like there was water in my ear so I decided to shake my head really hard when out of nowhere, to my complete horror, was a pea sized ball of wax falls out.

my entire night is ruined. I cant believe that was in my ear and I didnt know it.

now, my left ear seems like I have super insanely good hearing, while my right ear feels muffled in comparison. the difference is so extreme its making me feel dizzy almost. it makes me wonder if I have an earwax blockage in my right ear also, or if it will just take a while for my hearing to normalize.

Apparently you're not supposed to use Q-tips to clean your ear (though I imagine that's the primary use of Q-tips, ironically). Maybe you were just compacting the wax in.

It seems to me that someone is just now getting familiar with a qtip. <45>

Apparently you're not supposed to use Q-tips to clean your ear (though I imagine that's the primary use of Q-tips, ironically). Maybe you were just compacting the wax in.

I was told you drop some kind of oil in there then shake your head until the wax runs out

What do you use? Vacuum cleaner?

very possible, I dont think I will use qtips any more just in case and clean my ears other ways

Do you have dry wax or wet wax? I got dry wax and had to have a doctor clean my ears a couple times when I was growing up. It was excruciating. Basically they'd take a jet of water and a metal hook, break up the wax as much as they could and use the jet of water to get some leverage to get it out. Was like having a rock in my ear.

You’re definitely not, you should flush them out or atleast that’s what a doctor will do

Yup. Was told by an ear, nose and throat doctor that the only thing you should poke into your ear was your elbow. He said to clean it just dribble some olive oil in there , leave it a little while, massage the ear a bit then gently tilt your head and drain the oil out.

Other option is to flush it gently with distilled water.

Using Q-Tips was why it was there in the first place.

You're pushing some of the wax back in every time you think you're cleaning everything out.

I find the best way to clean your ears is to stick a water pick in your ear canal and put it on high. It’ll flush everything out with ease.

Thank me later

so I got out of my bath which I just made a thread about and thought, might as well get extrrrrraaaaa clean and clean out my ears! so I went at them with qtips.

after cleaning my ears with qtips nearly to satisfaction, I was disturbed to see a bit of blood on one from my left ear. I was immediately concerned so I used more qtips very gently to try and clean up the blood.

I couldnt get rid of this feeling like there was water in my ear so I decided to shake my head really hard when out of nowhere, to my complete horror, was a pea sized ball of wax falls out.

my entire night is ruined. I cant believe that was in my ear and I didnt know it.

now, my left ear seems like I have super insanely good hearing, while my right ear feels muffled in comparison. the difference is so extreme its making me feel dizzy almost. it makes me wonder if I have an earwax blockage in my right ear also, or if it will just take a while for my hearing to normalize.

This makes me want to use a Q tip now.

Back