Umm, Anthony Pettis is now a Welterweight and fighting Stephen Thompson?

Old news but props to Pettis. He has a chance considering Wonderboy barely throws a strike anymore

was looking for a picture of that ridiculous truck thompson has but somehow this came up..

damn longo is fat...

515_Longo.0.0.jpg

He has that serial killer vibe too.

images

He’s moving up to fight a guy who won’t push the pace and probably won’t try take him down. It’s a more friendly match up for Pettis

Pettis is pretty fragile even when he cuts to a lower weight class. I don't know how he is going to hang at 170. He isn't particularly a big guy either.

5'10", with a 72.5-inch reach. He's not exactly tiny, either. With that frame, he should have always fought at 170lbs IMO.

Then again, half of the non-HWs in the UFC are probably fighting at least one weight class below what is healthy and sustainable. So for Pettis at 170 to work, a bunch of guys probably would probably have to clear off to 185.

Wonderboy (6'0", 75-inch reach) could/should be fighting at 185, so anyway you slice it, he'll be out-sizing Pettis here though. Probably won't make as much of a difference as it would with a grappler, but still.

Last edited:
Pettis is in a bit of a rut right now and he clearly needs to do something different. I don't think having a go at WW is the worst idea ever.

Yeah, I remember it was like a month ago Pettis said he wanted that fight and I was thinking no way it will get made. Not sure what Wonderboy has to gain from taking it.

Insane literally has no chance....

Pettis is going to get destroyed. He was a small lightweight.

Pettis will lull WB into a one-up manship game of high reeling movie star kicks in which at first WB is lagging behind...until again realizing how immensly punchable Pettis' s face is that is

5'10", with a 72.5-inch reach. He's not exactly tiny, either. With that frame, he should have always fought at 170lbs IMO.

Then again, half of the non-HWs in the UFC are probably fighting at least one weight class below what is healthy and sustainable. So for Pettis at 170 to work, a bunch of guys probably would probably have to clear off to 185.

Wonderboy (6'0", 75-inch reach) could/should be fighting at 185, so anyway you slice it, he'll be out-sizing Pettis here though. Probably won't make as much of a difference as it would with a grappler, but still.
He isn't 5'10. He is closer to 5'8 maybe half an inch more. He is shorter than folks that are either supposedly his height or he gets dwarfed by folks who are supposedly only 1 inch taller than him. The heights are all messed up since CM punk is suppose to be 6'2 and he is closer to Pettis. Anyways the issue isn't height but rather he seems to be fragile at this stage of his career. His last two losses are all due to injuries. This is not including the fight he said he lost because he blew his knee out two weeks before the fight.
I just don't see how fighting up a weight class against someone who is a more polished and larger striker than him will do him any good. That division is terrible for him. The strikers are all much bigger than him and with real striking pedigrees outside of MMA. The top 3 are wrestlers. His easiest fight within the top 5 is honestly RDA and RDA already beat him soundly.

This could be Entertaining , Imagine Pettis will be a huge underdog though .

They basically came together and said

‘Hey are you sick of fighting savages too?’
‘Hey are you on that big boy contract too?’
‘Want a pitter patter boring split decision fight?’

Let’s talk some shit online

100 percent accurate, and the fact that some fans took the bait is ridiculous.

What is wrong with Pettis? He went to FW because he was losing at LW, lost there and now he thinks going up in weight will help because Chiesa did it and he beat Chiesa?
yes but wonderboy is a small WW too. if Pettis can avoid usman, Woodley who is his friend and some of the other big dudes like millender, ponzi etc he could do alright.

Height and reach isn't the whole story. His frame is extremely narrow and closer to an ectomorph than a mesomorph.

100 percent accurate, and the fact that some fans took the bait is ridiculous.

I took some heat for that statement but I stand by it to be honest
It will be a pitter patter karate point fighting match and they both know it
Why are we calling Pettis a bad ass?
I’d say it’s more badass to have taken the gaetje fight

Back