News Umar Nurmagomedov vs Song Yadong set as main event on Dec 14th as per Ariel Helwani

Who wins?

• Total voters

He doesn't support nepotism, when he had to earn his shot the hard way. Understandable, IMO.
And yet he has no problem giving O'Malley a rematch when he doesn't in any way deserve one.

We all know Merab ducking.

I don’t dislike Umar or anything. But for the sake of getting my troll jollies off, I hope he loses to Sadong.

And yet he has no problem giving O'Malley a rematch when he doesn't in any way deserve one.

We all know Merab ducking.

O'Malley has achieved more than Umar has in the division. There is also an argument to be made that O'Malley should have won three rounds on damage.

More like he's just making him wait and earn it. But if you want to be childish about it and call it ducking, that's fine with me.

O'Malley has achieved more than Umar has in the division. There is also an argument to be made that O'Malley should have won three rounds on damage.

More like he's just making him wait and earn it. But if you want to be childish about it and call it ducking, that's fine with me.
Merab just dominated him in his last fight he in no universe deserves a rematch. O'Malley wasn't even a legit champ either. He caught lightening in a bottle and got his TS by ROBBING Yan. Umar's dominant win over Sandhagen is more legit that anything O'Malley did to get a TS.

Merab is clearly just trying to get another payday before he loses to Umar. We all know this of course so there's no point in humoring your intellectually dishonest argument.

Merab just dominated him in his last fight he in no universe deserves a rematch. O'Malley wasn't even a legit champ either. He caught lightening in a bottle and got his TS by ROBBING Yan. Umar's dominant win over Sandhagen is more legit that anything O'Malley did to get a TS.

Merab is clearly just trying to get another payday before he loses to Umar. We all know this of course so there's no point in humoring your intellectually dishonest argument.

He soundly beat Sterling. which I imagine Merab values a lot more than a win over Sandhagen. We are talking about his current resume, not what he did to get his initial shot. Merab wasn't champ when he got his initial shot, he is champ now.

Yes, he is trying to get a payday, I very much doubt he thinks he will lose to Umar afterwards though.

Also, fighers don't rob other fighters of a decision. The judges do that. But that rhetoric is common by fans who get too caught up in the emotional drama of the sport.

He dominated in the grappling, but he didn't actually do too much when it came to scoring through damage, the thing fights should be scored by according to the official scoring criteria.

Last edited:
He soundly beat Sterling. which I imagine Merab values a lot more than a win over Sandhagen. We are to talking about his current resume, not what he did to get his initial shot. Merab wasn't champ when he got his initial shot.

Yes, he is ttying to get a payday, I very much doubt he thinks he will lose to Umar afterwards though.

Also, fighers don't rob other fighters of a decision. The judges do that. But that rethoric is common by fans who get too caught up in the emotional drama of the sport.

He dominated in the grappling, but he didn't actually do too much when it came to scoring through damage, the thing fights should be scored by according to the official scoring criteria.
Your point that O'Malley did more to earn a TS was bunk which is the point. Losing to Yan and Chito while Umar is undefeated and dominated Sandhagen. Also, your point that Merab is doing this for some moralistic reason is bunk as well, as you are admitting he is doing it for a payday.

He wants to cash in his chips before fighting Umar. End of story.

Your point that O'Malley did more to earn a TS was bunk which is the point.

I said he had achieved more in the division, which is true. He became champ. Yes, his Yan decision was very questionable and I thought he lost it just barely. But it was still extremely close. It could well have been a draw. That's still a very impressive performance. We don't know how Umar would do against Yan. Would love to see it though.

Losing to Yan and Chito while Umar is undefeated and dominated Sandhagen.

Chito loss was pretty flukey and he has rectified that since, but you don't mention that, do you? Talk about intellectual dishonesty...

Undefeated is only as meaningful as the quality of opposition you have faced and thus far he has fought one ranked fighter. So it's respectable, but not as big of a deal as many like to think, IMO.

Also, your point that Merab is doing this for some moralistic reason is bunk as well, as you are admitting he is doing it for a payday.

Meritorious reason more like it. Bruh, it doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both. They are not mutually exclusive.

He wants to cash in his chips before fighting Umar. End of story.

Yes and then he wants to beat Umar too and the next guy.

Last edited:
Back