Social Ultra Woke CIA Recruitment video makes the entire Internet laugh hysterically

Ah yes the agency that has destroyed entire countries for generations.

Why would I require my employees to spend x hours, on top of full time work, to learn self defense they will never use when they can use that time to work on a language or actually useful professional skill? Or just for them to rest so they aren't burned out during work and therefore work more efficiently? Gee, I wonder why. Offering the classes free of charge as a bonus optino is perfectly fine. But requiring it is asinine.

Requiring pullups would disqualify too many educated women, aka people the CIA would actually want working for them. It's a dumb idea. The CIA already has enough trouble recruiting since pirating and marijuana will fail your security clearance (not to mention they still do polygraphs), they don't need anymore dumb restrictions crippling the talent pool.
Because everything isn't just mental and if you want the edge physical should also be a focus. It may be fine comparing with other non-physically active people, but not when you are comparing with others that are intellectual and physical as well. I didn't say make it a requirement for all. Like I said it wouldn't hurt for them to have some form of self defense training and weapons training. They are dealing with national secrets. The strongest chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. You also have to understand CIA's competition globally and how their agents are trained as well. The training and requirements should be able to deal with the type of people they are dealing with.

If you want nothing but soccer moms and feel safe that way with the nation's security, that's fine - and you are more than welcome to think that way all you want. I personally don't mind the soccer moms as long as there are other types that can handle everything else. But it seems like you just want a bunch of intellectuals with no physical abilities.

Personally I don't think the CIA is that weak, judging from their history they have skilled people in the CIA. Some of the stories and facts that came out from CIA's history is stuff you see in the movies. This video could be smoke and mirrors and trying to come off with a different image compared to what they are really doing and focusing on.

Last edited:
Just because you vote for Trump that doesn't mean you're right-wing. Plenty voted for Trump because they viewed him as the least worst option. It was a vote against someone, not for someone. Shitting all over Biden doesn't mean you're right-wing either. Get it together, son.
Look at the way the votes broke, son. Biden won FIVE states that Hillary lost. It's pretty obvious that Biden won the centrists and he won back a chunk of the white vote, especially white male, from Trump. The metrics back this up. The back the blue people aren't moderates, they're hard right.

Because everything isn't just mental and if you want the edge physical should also be a focus. It may be fine comparing with other non-physically active people, but not when you are comparing with others that are intellectual and physical as well. I didn't say make it a requirement for all. Like I said it wouldn't hurt for them to have some form of self defense training and weapons training. They are dealing with national secrets. The strongest chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. You also have to understand CIA's competition globally and how their agents are trained as well. The training and requirements should be able to deal with the type of people they are dealing with.

If you want nothing but soccer moms and feel safe that way with the nation's security, that's fine - and you are more than welcome to think that way all you want. I personally don't mind the soccer moms as long as there are other types that can handle everything else. But it seems like you just want a bunch of intellectuals with no physical abilities.
Again, most of your CIA employees will never work anywhere else than behind a desk stateside. A few more in embassies around the world, and a vanishingly small segment actually in the field.

Who said anything about soccer moms? Look at academics, do most of them seem super in shape. That's the kind of talent the CIA wants, linguists, economists, foreign policy analysts. Again, physical and mental abilities are not mutually exclusive but obviously most humans don't excel at both. The CIA needs far more of the latter category than the former. You have read way too many Tom Clancy novels, my friend.

And just to talk about how overblown your fear is. Let's go through the chain of events if I'm a hostile power and want to kidnap a CIA employee in the U.S.
1. OK, first I need to identify this employee
2. Then I need to actually find and track them in the U.S. without the FBI noticing
3. Then I need to send a couple dudes to the U.S. without anyone noticing.
4. Kidnap said employee, then...interrogate them? Get them out of the country?
5. After I do that, I need it to look like I didn't do that.
5b. Do I kill the dude?

Your scenario is comically unrealistic. Almost all those steps are impractical to the point of impossibility.

Again, most of your CIA employees will never work anywhere else than behind a desk stateside. A few more in embassies around the world, and a vanishingly small segment actually in the field.

Who said anything about soccer moms? Look at academics, do most of them seem super in shape. That's the kind of talent the CIA wants, linguists, economists, foreign policy analysts. Again, physical and mental abilities are not mutually exclusive but obviously most humans don't excel at both. The CIA needs far more of the latter category than the former. You have read way too many Tom Clancy novels, my friend.

And just to talk about how overblown your fear is. Let's go through the chain of events if I'm a hostile power and want to kidnap a CIA employee in the U.S.
1. OK, first I need to identify this employee
2. Then I need to actually find and track them in the U.S. without the FBI noticing
3. Then I need to send a couple dudes to the U.S. without anyone noticing.
4. Kidnap said employee, then...interrogate them? Get them out of the country?
5. After I do that, I need it to look like I didn't do that.
5b. Do I kill the dude?

Your scenario is comically unrealistic. Almost all those steps are impractical to the point of impossibility.
I don't know why you keep insisting on agents getting taken on US soil. I was always talking about the agents out in the field and showed you examples of them being attacked trying to get into US Embassy. I understand most have desk jobs and will never see action. I was always talking about the ones out in the field, I've said that from the start. I just said it wouldn't hurt if every single agent has some sort of self defense and weapons training. You are entrusting all these people with national secrets and have no form of self defense training? Why because nothing has happened on US soil so we'll just worry about their self defense training if it ever happens? If they're not physical than at least handgun training. You would rather have them have no training at all. If they're desk jobs yes it shouldn't be a focus but they should at least still have that type of basic training. If something happens who are they all going to depend on for help?

You bring up Tom Clancy but I'm focused on the actual things the CIA has done in history. Not a hard thing to research, they're responsible for a lot of assassinations and assassination attempts, coups, and all that on foreign soil. You are focused on desk jobs, that's not what I was focusing on when thinking about the CIA and the physical training I was referring to. I always said the desk jobs support the ones on the field with the intelligence they gather and analyze. I just think it's a good idea for them to have some kind of self defense training and weapons training as well. I don't think it's a waste of resources to have every agent able to defend themselves.

I don't know why you keep insisting on agents getting taken on US soil. I was always talking about the agents out in the field and showed you examples of them being attacked trying to get into US Embassy. I understand most have desk jobs and will never see action. I was always talking about the ones out in the field, I've said that from the start. I just said it wouldn't hurt if every single agent has some sort of self defense and weapons training. You are entrusting all these people with national secrets and have no form of self defense training? Why because nothing has happened on US soil so we'll just worry about their self defense training if it ever happens? If they're not physical than at least handgun training. You would rather have them have no training at all. If they're desk jobs yes it shouldn't be a focus but they should at least still have that type of basic training. If something happens who are they all going to depend on for help?

You bring up Tom Clancy but I'm focused on the actual things the CIA has done in history. Not a hard thing to research, they're responsible for a lot of assassinations and assassination attempts, coups, and all that on foreign soil. You are focused on desk jobs, that's not what I was focusing on when thinking about the CIA and the physical training I was referring to.
OK...so why did you reply to my original comment that the vast majority of CIA employees can be as fat and slobby as a the Fat Bastard and do perfectly fine work? It's just bizarre.

-You do realize the CIA likely already requires education and training for anyone working over seas. You likely already have to even report if you go on vacation overseas.
-I'd rather you train employees to be good at their profession. No point teaching a dog how to ride a unicycle.
-Assassinations and coups are a not the majority of CIA work You have a very odd conception of what they do.

The CIA is looking for brownie points with the woke crowd to excuse their terrible actions. I hope it doesn't work.

OK...so why did you reply to my original comment that the vast majority of CIA employees can be as fat and slobby as a the Fat Bastard and do perfectly fine work? It's just bizarre.

-You do realize the CIA likely already requires education and training for anyone working over seas. You likely already have to even report if you go on vacation overseas.
-I'd rather you train employees to be good at their profession. No point teaching a dog how to ride a unicycle.
-Assassinations and coups are a not the majority of CIA work You have a very odd conception of what they do.
I only replied to the comment about pull ups. You said CIA doesn't need to be able to do 1 pull up, I honestly feel that is absurd because 1 pull up in not very difficult and if you feel CIA should have that type of level of fitness overall I don't agree with it.

I separated the CIA I was referring to from desk jobs and out on the field, I said the video was to recruit more people like her or to display that image of CIA compared to the image they have had in the past.
I know it isn't the majority of the work but it is also a part of their work.

To put things simply there needs to be an M, a Q, a Moneypenny, and a James Bond type.

I only replied to the comment about pull ups. You said CIA doesn't need to be able to do 1 pull up, I honestly feel that is absurd because 1 pull up in not very difficult and if you feel CIA should have that type of level of fitness overall I don't agree with it.

I separated the CIA I was referring to from desk jobs and out on the field, I said the video was to recruit more people like her or to display that image of CIA compared to the image they have had in the past.
I know it isn't the majority of the work but it is also a part of their work.

To put things simply there needs to be an M, a Q, a Moneypenny, and a James Bond type.
Jesus man, here's my original comment: "Why would a CIA employee need to do pull ups bro? The majority of positions are pretty goddamn non-physical." I'm talking about non-physical positions, aka most of the CIA's workforce. Obviously, if you're position requires physicality, then yes, require it for employees...like the CIA already does when necessary. The majority of women can't do pullups without quite a bit of focus on that movement, fieldwork or not. Sheesh, this has been a waste of a discussion because you misread my original post.

Jesus man, here's my original comment: "Why would a CIA employee need to do pull ups bro? The majority of positions are pretty goddamn non-physical." I'm talking about non-physical positions, aka most of the CIA's workforce. Obviously, if you're position requires physicality, then yes, require it for employees...like the CIA already does when necessary. The majority of women can't do pullups without quite a bit of focus on that movement, fieldwork or not. Sheesh, this has been a waste of a discussion because you misread my original post.
Because having some sort of physical ability is also important. So you are saying 1 pull up is something that is impossible for CIA? Is that the limits of their physical ability to you? Even in the military intelligence officers go through physical and weapons training.

Because having some sort of physical ability is also important. So you are saying 1 pull up is something that is impossible for CIA? Is that the limits of their physical ability to you? Even in the military intelligence officers go through physical and weapons training.
What I am saying is since the majority of CIA positions don't require any physical fitness of note, it would be absurd and counterproductive to require it for all positions. Why would I expect my linguist or economist who's never leaving Langley to devote time to self defense training when that can be used to improve skills that I want them actually using in the CIA?

And yes...in military intelligence, which is very different from CIA work. Also, DIA doesn't require physical testing if I recall.

What I am saying is since the majority of CIA positions don't require any physical fitness of note, it would be absurd and counterproductive to require it for all positions. Why would I expect my linguist or economist who's never leaving Langley to devote time to self defense training when that can be used to improve skills that I want them actually using in the CIA?

And yes...in military intelligence, which is very different from CIA work. Also, DIA doesn't require physical testing if I recall.
I'm not disagreeing with you that certain positions don't need it. All I'm saying is that in my personal opinion all agents having the training to defend themselves isn't a bad thing for them to have. Yes it would take some time away from them working on other things but it's a skillset they would have forever and it could be useful to them in their personal life and in their career.

I'm not disagreeing with you that certain positions don't need it. All I'm saying is that in my personal opinion all agents having the training to defend themselves isn't a bad thing for them to have. Yes it would take some time away from them working on other things but it's a skillset they would have forever and it could be useful to them in their personal life and in their career.
The lack of practicality in your proposal man.
-Where does the tens of millions of dollars in funding I'd need to train the CIA's 20,000 employees come from?
-I'm the CIA, why do I care about my employees personal lives, I just want them to excel at work.
-Even if I had that funding, why would I blow it on self defense classes when I can spend it on language classes or other useful skills, or just hire more employees?

Your proposal to teach it to all employees is like teaching a dog how to ride a unicycle. Cool...but why would I finite resources on that?

They swapped out the pull-up portion of the PT test and replaced it with a 300 meter sprint. I’d be surprised if she could do more than 2.
What's the time requirement?

CIA requirements?

The ability to call the NYT and dictate their next story.

And???

The lack of practicality in your proposal man.
-Where does the tens of millions of dollars in funding I'd need to train the CIA's 20,000 employees come from?
-I'm the CIA, why do I care about my employees personal lives, I just want them to excel at work.
-Even if I had that funding, why would I blow it on self defense classes when I can spend it on language classes or other useful skills, or just hire more employees?

Your proposal to teach it to all employees is like teaching a dog how to ride a unicycle. Cool...but why would I finite resources on that?
Same funding they get all their funding from.
How many people are in the military? How many went through physical training and weapons training? It's not a hard ask. Like I said people that work intelligence in the military went through physical and weapons training as well. It's skills you want your agents to have, all of them. Just because it costs money to do it doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. Quality of agents will be better overall instead of having a weakness to easily exploit.
Because all skills are necessary and each skill has specific uses. Why focus on learning languages when you can find people that already can speak multiple languages? Everyone in CIA learning multiple languages? What for? Like you said most never leave the country, what's the point of all of them learning multiple languages? Just because you don't believe in physical fitness, self-defense, and weapons training - doesn't mean the skills aren't needed.

Ooof. So much to unpack here.
Like I said people that work intelligence in the military went through physical and weapons training as well.
DIA is the bulk of military intelligence. 3/4 of the workforce is civilian, less than half are veterans. It's honestly amazing how little you understand about intelligence work.
Why focus on learning languages when you can find people that already can speak multiple languages?
Multilingual people, especially those who can both read and write, aren't exactly common. Let's just say the CIA isn't looking for Spanish speakers as their first pick.
Like you said most never leave the country, what's the point of all of them learning multiple languages?
Are you seriously asking why it is beneficial for analysts to speak multiple languages?
Just because you don't believe in physical fitness, self-defense, and weapons training - doesn't mean the skills aren't needed.
Who says I don't believe in this stuff?

Ooof. So much to unpack here.

DIA is the bulk of military intelligence. 3/4 of the workforce is civilian, less than half are veterans. It's honestly amazing how little you understand about intelligence work.

Multilingual people, especially those who can both read and write, aren't exactly common. Let's just say the CIA isn't looking for Spanish speakers as their first pick.

Are you seriously asking why it is beneficial for analysts to speak multiple languages?

Who says I don't believe in this stuff?
I understand intelligence work, I just don't think like you do where they don't need physical skills as well. That's the problem with intellectuals, they think physical skills are pointless and that's why it's always been their weakness.
Multilingual people are important, but they are not creating them in the CIA. They are already multilingual before hand.
You say they aren't looking for Spanish speakers but they have a recruitment video focusing on a Spanish speaking CIA agent.
I'm not asking why it's beneficial for analyst to speak multiple languages. I understand it's importance but you act like everyone in the CIA are multilingual. It also depends on how fluent they are and fully understand the language to it's full extent and not just enough to carry a conversation. For other dialects or to understand the full extent of the language they have translators. Can't miss details like that going over speech or text. Plus learning other languages after a certain age becomes very hard to do. Some people can do this after a certain age, but it is not the norm. So to think that CIA is hiring people and having them learn multiple languages as adults isn't what is going on. The ones that show the ability to do that will, it's not going to be the norm for everyone.

Either way I'm not trying to argue anymore about the CIA. Only point I wanted to make is they should also have physical training and weapons training - that's it. You may think they don't need it, but that line of work you would think it was mandatory. Regardless if they have a desk job or not. Having all agents be able to defend themselves and know how to properly use firearms is a skill I would think is necessary, even if they think they' will never have to use it.

Last edited:
Back