1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Ultimate Fighter did 672,000 viewers last night

Discussion in 'So You Wanna Be A Fighter Discussion' started by FrankieNYC, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Isa If you can read this, you are too close

I bet the reruns and DVR will be huge this week.
    There are some weight cut penis action.

2. Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

About 50,000 less viewers than the ladies' fight last week. Not bad.

3. Ashenthorn Black Belt

I watch the show with my wife too. I say nothing, and keep waiting for her to come to the conclusion (as the entire world apparently has) that Ronda's crazy, a bitch, and is coming off terribly. But it's just the opposite - she's starting to hate Miesha Tate and always seems to root for Ronda's team member in the fights.

4. TheNinja Gold Belt

Well it kind of makes sense. I mean everyone has seen men's TUF fights before. Many of them aren't terribly skilled or gas out. Of course there are some good fights too. However it's kind of a "been there, done that" type of mentality.
    Now you have women fighting, people are going to tune in to find out what the fuss is all about, how skilled are these women, will they be hot, etc. Anyone that's new or different will likely garner extra attention at first.

Heck, I'll even admit. I stopped watching TUF after the HW season with Roy/Kimbo on it. I think it was season 10 in 2009. I am tuning in to this season b/c the women were on it and I wanted to see what the deal was.

5. lapollarecords Red Belt

is it expected that FS will grow ratings/programming wise in a few years? or the feeling is that the channel is a failure? I'm not american so I cant know

6. FrankieNYC STUFF! Platinum Member

FS1 is expected to challenge ESPN eventually

7. Furious George Red Belt

After DVR and repeats the episode with Kimbo vs Nelson got 7M+ so I really doubt that it's hitting anywhere near "highest numbers in TUF history".

Meltzer is a total bullshitter, has made up numbers for WWE and UFC PPV's for years.

8. FrankieNYC STUFF! Platinum Member

Not at all true
    He is by far the most accurate

No shock you disagree

9. IceAndFire** Purple Belt

Most networks would cancel a show with such abysmal ratings.

10. FrankieNYC STUFF! Platinum Member

Most networks would cxl their highest rated show & a hit with males 18-49?

11. Furious George Red Belt

How can he not make up the PPV numbers? He has nothing to go on, he just analyzes certain trends and comes up with a number.

And as for "highest TUF ratings ever!" he's talking shit because unless DVR and repeats are doing 7 million views (unlikely) they aren't the highest ever.

Everybody in the IWC takes his "numbers" with a grain of salt and most everybody on the MMA boards does too.

12. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe Banned

[​IMG]

He is not saying it did the highest numbers in history. He's saying it's the biggest increase percentage-wise. You should at least know what you're reading before bashing the guy.

Viewership has increased anywhere from 32 percent to 37 percent from the initial reports when you factor in people who watched the show via DVR between Thursday and Saturday. For example, the Sept. 26 show, the most recent to have DVR numbers for, did an additional 272,000 viewers of the initial airing, pushing total viewership to 1.05 million. The Ultimate Fighter has always been a strong DVR property as compared to most sports programming, but the increases have historically only been in the 15 percent range.

13. Furious George Red Belt

You might wanna go back and read what I was responding to:

"According to Dave Meltzer, the repeats & DVR are the biggest numbers in TUF history" Wouldn't imply any kind of percentage increase, instead it'd suggest these are the highest ratings, period.

14. jaguarone Redneck

I asked myself the same question. I watched the latest episodes and
    thought this would be a season with women and small teenage boys.

15. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe Banned

He then said: "they are doing well over a million a week combined." A million would not be the highest numbers in TUF history. It was clear he was referring to the percentage jump, which according to Meltzer, is the biggest in TUF history.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  16. FrankieNYC STUFF! Platinum Member

Thanks for using your head where others run to bash without using theirs

:icon_chee