• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFN 98 - Ferguson vs RDA - Mexico City

Status
Not open for further replies.
soto/beltran could be a great livebet if soto starts strong.

Maybe look to live play this one? Since Soto is coming in on short notice and might not have enough time to prepare for the elevation?

Definitely

I'd be on Soto but man short notice at elevation he might underachieve. He's only got like 6 days to acclimate.

Absolutely valid concerns

Looking for a couple props.. I'll share them when we get them later In The week hehe

Nicholson +195
Was initially thinking "hey I heard this guy can crack, maybe he can upset Smilin' Sam," I'm OFF this train after some tape watching on Alex. WAY too hittable, favors spinning shit, really just didn't impress. No thanks.

I was the opposite. Upon reviewing the tape I threw 1u on Nicholson. The obsession with spinning shit is concerning, but Alvey is a pure sprawl and brawler so it won't get him taken down like against Cirkunov. He has pretty good stuff from distance, and both will probably be concerned about the altitude and want to avoid gassing in an early firefight, so I could see this turning out similar to the Theodoreau vs. Alvey fight. Nicholson can piece him up from distance if he wants to, but either way it's a great matchup for him. He also seems very serious about making it to the top.

I'd be on Soto but man short notice at elevation he might underachieve. He's only got like 6 days to acclimate.
Less than 6 days.

The soonest he'd fly out is on the 1st. The fight is on the 5th, and I don't count November 5th because he won't be doing anything strenuous to acclimate himself to the elevation on fight-day, aside from maybe walking around outside and/or using one of those masks that makes it easier/harder to breathe depending on the setting.

If he leaves tomorrow (November 1st), he'll have:

- part of the 1st
- all of the 2nd
- all of the 3rd
- all of the 4th
- the 5th is fight-day

He'll also have to do media when he gets there, so he'll probably have less time to train at high elevation.

If both guys had full camps, I'd take Soto all day.

Soto is a guy who have nothing to loose in this fight and i will never bet against a guy like him.
Two good overs i see in this event - Darius/Mag and Lamas/Olives. I really thought Olives is going to be a dog in this fight, but Lamas +100 defenetely worth a stab

http://www.flograppling.com/article...training-camp-with-jiu-jitsu-star-edwin-najmi

Najmi -- a Pan champion and World silver medallist -- wrote this report of life inside a professional MMA fighter's training camp.

I was brought in by Philipe "Furao" Della Monica to help Rafael dos Anjos with his next fight. I had trained with Rafael a couple times before but never really got the chance to hang out with him much so I didn't know what to expect.

So when Rafael invited me to go to Mammoth, CA, and Mexico City with him I was stoked.

Also, Rafael actually told me yesterday that I'm going to be one of his cornerman for his fight! I'm super excited for that, especially with it being my first time working the corner for a UFC fight and it being such an important fight.

We started with some wrestling and jiu-jitsu drills to warm up, three five-minute rounds, and then the training started. Eight six-minute rounds with a fresh partner every three minutes. We pushed Rafael and Benny to their limits, but they kept coming back like zombies and still attacking until the last minute.

I was getting tired after three minutes because of the altitude, so the fact that these guys did eight six-minute rounds is very impressive. After the grappling, the guys did a couple rounds of ground-and-pound drills to cool down and finish the training.

I want to get in there and fight, I didn't realize how big that card was, it was a like dreamland, I froze up, like a 3rd person, watching myself, I didn't do one thing right, the UFC is no joke, I can't wait to be me, I want to fight Colby again, I've been going to lake tahoe 3 days a week, picked up a hyperbolic chamber, everyone is so good in the UFC, Erick is good at everything, I told the UFC i wanted a fight, he won't just hug me, training my wrestling coaches alot more, got back to my roots, I still work, I've have a tough road

Never fought in elevation, it's hard to breathe, you start slowing down alot quicker, I didn't stay focused in the Chiesa fight, the Vick fight helped, I was struggling, spend alot of time praying, I used to have victory my center but now Jesus is my center, I can't just use my takedowns, because it didn't work with Burns, I need to use all my skills, I have to make sure I control the pace and he doesn't, my crown comes from Jesus, it doesn't come from a belt

I'm worried about Dariush cardio between what was posted y'day and what he said above. Sounds like RDA has a new corner too bit of a red flag for me.

We're both strategic fighters, he's calm, everyone fights his game, he slows things down, rafael cordeiro will be cornering me, everything will be figured out after the fight with RDA and him, my crown comes from Jesus, I have my own gym now, trained 21 days at Mammoth

Will take with grain of salt but a bit worrisome for Dariush backers:

This elevation will be huge in factoring Live Bet plays and in general.

Edit: source

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/10/fabric...tude-and-the-food-ahead-of-ufc-fight-night-98

I'm going back and forth on this fight. No idea who will win as the gap between the odds are closing a bit.
I listened to him on MMA radio and he was referring to a sparring session that took place at Kings MMA not Mammoth, so this would of been weeks ago

We're both strategic fighters, he's calm, everyone fights his game, he slows things down, rafael cordeiro will be cornering me, everything will be figured out after the fight with RDA and him, my crown comes from Jesus, I have my own gym now, trained 21 days at Mammoth

Sorry cant listen as at work what does he mean by everything will be figured out between rda and corderiro? is cordeiro cprnering rda?

I'm worried about Dariush cardio between what was posted y'day and what he said above. Sounds like RDA has a new corner too bit of a red flag for me.
I wouldn't worry about Beneil's cardio too much, I've never seen him gas in a fight before and at least he's prepared at elevation. Magomedov has done his whole camp at sea level in Florida, didn't get to mexico until a couple days ago i think.

if Mago has an answer for Benny's kicks, is able to land cross counters off of Benny's jab, and negates any grappling exchanges, I see him cruising to a nice decision win. Basically either guy's most likely avenue of victory is going to be a close decision. I'll take the risk at -145.

I think this is the key to mago/benny fight, the issue is we know mago is quite technical and prefers to strike and counter, he may have that counter jab as an answer for benny here.

Feels like the early overs are safest in such a close fight.

Eight six-minute rounds with a fresh partner every three minutes. We pushed Rafael and Benny to their limits, but they kept coming back like zombies and still attacking until the last minute.

Well that could explain while dariush was left a zombie left to pray to Jesus.

Thing with dariush is he is still working out his timing and cardio, he looked for a finish against chiesa in r1 like he said in his interviews and we all saw what happens when you don't get it. Rashid bit more older, experienced and disciplined in his game plan, I imagine rashid will stuff them take downs or pop back up and if dariush goes for those leg kicks especially at his zombie pace @ high altitude its probably easier for mago to counter this with less energy and effort with his counter jab.

The high altitude makes this card quite unpredictable, maybe underdogs & r3 finishes will rule this card.

Any known fighters with bad gas tanks?

Anjos vs. Ferguson
Bravo vs. Puelles
Held vs. Sanchez
Oliveira vs. Lamas
Magomedov vs. Dariush
Grasso vs. Clark
Perez vs. Arantes
Griffin vs. Montano
Andrade vs. Briones
Alvey vs. Nicholson
Reyes vs. Novelli
Barzola vs. Avila
Soto vs. Beltran

I wouldn't worry about Beneil's cardio too much, I've never seen him gas in a fight before and at least he's prepared at elevation. Magomedov has done his whole camp at sea level in Florida, didn't get to mexico until a couple days ago i think.

I disagree I think he gassed against Chisea.

I disagree I think he gassed against Chisea.
Maybe he slowed a little but he didn't gas, gassing is what Kevin Casey does. Beneil has said in interviews that he blames his lack of focus for losing the Chiesa fight. He easily outstruck Chiesa in the first and he was looking fine in the second until he got his back taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back