• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFN 87 - Netherlands - AA vs Reem

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everything kind of fell apart for me after the fight with Stipe," said Struve, as transcribed by Jed Meshew for MMA Fighting. "In my opinion, the fight with Mark [Hunt], I lost that one because my heart condition was at its worst at that point and I was pretty sick before the fight. That together just led to my body quitting on me in the fight.

"To be honest with you guys that was the biggest hurdle I had to overcome in my training. I never really worry about fighting. But in the fight with Alistair Overeem, not so much in the fight with Noguiera because I got going, but also in the fight with Rosholt I had trouble finding my rhythm and I was constantly thinking about ‘should I hit the gas now or should I just wait until the second round? You don't want to get tired like that fight with Hunt where your body gave up.' I never really got super tired in that fight because my conditioning is good and we always make sure I'm in tip top shape. But that fight with Hunt, my body just quit on me and I had to hang on for like ten minutes and wasn't able to do much and he was just battering me, beating me.

"How my body felt that fight was such a scary experience. That was the biggest hurdle to overcome, to be able to hit the gas in the fight and start hunting immediately and that's exactly what I did this training camp so that makes me feel really good."

"One of the things my coaches really wanted to see more in this training camp was aggression. I was doing my thing the last couple training camps but when I would have a guy up against the fence or in a bad spot I would take my foot off the pedal and let them get back into the sparring or the fight, whatever you want to call it. And this time they were like, ‘if you get someone up against the cage we want to see you finish it...We want to see more aggression we want to see you be focused on finishing the fight.' I dropped a ton of guys in sparring and it's definitely going to pay off this Sunday. It's going to translate perfectly to the fight in my opinion."

"I feel really good. I think I'm faster. If I fight with my reach and get my jab going and my teep going then he's in for a hard night and I'm going to drop him....I'm walking around at 275. My gas tank feels great. Everything is there you know. When I entered the UFC I was 230 pounds. I feel so strong and dominated in sparring so much, I couldn't be more ready for this fight to put on the best performance in front of my family and friends."

"I'm 28. I still feel like I'm a kid. I still have such a long road ahead of me. ... this is the heavyweight division, a lot can happen fast."

i bet that story about slimy overeem is true. which is great because i have madd cash on him.

"Everything kind of fell apart for me after the fight with Stipe," said Struve, as transcribed by Jed Meshew for MMA Fighting. "In my opinion, the fight with Mark [Hunt], I lost that one because my heart condition was at its worst at that point and I was pretty sick before the fight. That together just led to my body quitting on me in the fight.

"To be honest with you guys that was the biggest hurdle I had to overcome in my training. I never really worry about fighting. But in the fight with Alistair Overeem, not so much in the fight with Noguiera because I got going, but also in the fight with Rosholt I had trouble finding my rhythm and I was constantly thinking about ‘should I hit the gas now or should I just wait until the second round? You don't want to get tired like that fight with Hunt where your body gave up.' I never really got super tired in that fight because my conditioning is good and we always make sure I'm in tip top shape. But that fight with Hunt, my body just quit on me and I had to hang on for like ten minutes and wasn't able to do much and he was just battering me, beating me.

"How my body felt that fight was such a scary experience. That was the biggest hurdle to overcome, to be able to hit the gas in the fight and start hunting immediately and that's exactly what I did this training camp so that makes me feel really good."

"One of the things my coaches really wanted to see more in this training camp was aggression. I was doing my thing the last couple training camps but when I would have a guy up against the fence or in a bad spot I would take my foot off the pedal and let them get back into the sparring or the fight, whatever you want to call it. And this time they were like, ‘if you get someone up against the cage we want to see you finish it...We want to see more aggression we want to see you be focused on finishing the fight.' I dropped a ton of guys in sparring and it's definitely going to pay off this Sunday. It's going to translate perfectly to the fight in my opinion."

"I feel really good. I think I'm faster. If I fight with my reach and get my jab going and my teep going then he's in for a hard night and I'm going to drop him....I'm walking around at 275. My gas tank feels great. Everything is there you know. When I entered the UFC I was 230 pounds. I feel so strong and dominated in sparring so much, I couldn't be more ready for this fight to put on the best performance in front of my family and friends."

"I'm 28. I still feel like I'm a kid. I still have such a long road ahead of me. ... this is the heavyweight division, a lot can happen fast."

Was just coming here to post the link to this.

This is exactly what I wanna hear when i'm putting juice on Struve and Struve KO

Yeah liking that Struve has addressed his big weakness. Hedged half my potential Struve winnings and still glad i did but definite confidence increase in Struve.

there's no way i would have played struve at his current odds but reading that i'm v glad i got him as an underdog.

there's no way i would have played struve at his current odds but reading that i'm v glad i got him as an underdog.
Having Struve as an under dog is ludicrous. Wonder if Euro bookies will ever learn they suck and wait til US bookies drop openers.

Struve ML is already massive for me. His KO line will be just as massive if that event is going well for me.

Having Struve as an under dog is ludicrous. Wonder if Euro bookies will ever learn they suck and wait til US bookies drop openers.

Struve ML is already massive for me. His KO line will be just as massive if that event is going well for me.
Unfortunately it's only betsafe who did this and I think those days are over after like 6 failed lines in a row. All the others wait for US lines. 95% of the time our openers are US lines after like 2 days of action (value is often gone by that point). Unibet does their own lines once in a while but they are usually juiced to shit.

Yeah cant see Betsafe trying again. They opened glover and struve as dogs, silva as a big fav against hall, tumenov @ -110. I remember they had Corey against Maldonado @ -250 while everyone else had -500 so you might get the odd good line. Think they dipped their toe at trying to become Europes main MMA betting site but it clearly backfired. Bet someone got fired.

Betsafe did open ufc 200 pretty accurately

Gunnar says he got gassed in 2 mins in the first round against Maia, couldn't explain it, it's happened before, trying to fix it, says it comes and goes, can't explain it, says Iceland is home, happy to be training there, Pendred is there - 28 min mark

^^^Considering how bad Conor gassed vs Nate, SBG should really be looking at better methods of training for cardio if thats the case.

Also, lol @ training with Pendred in prep for Einstein

Confidence boost Tumenov

I got big plays on a busted 3-man parlay on Hein-Tuck dec, Rustam-Wade dec, and Tumenov ML.

It never fails that I always have big action on fights that drop out smh!!

Bookie Beatdown bullet points

• Bigfoot has shot 5 takedowns in last 10 fights. Failed on all of them. Hasn't scored a td since Fedor fight.
  • They think Germaine line is way too steep, but do think she wins. They say her ground is garb, but make note of Anna starting MMA late in life, Germaine's massive size advantage and striking credentials.
  • They're against most of us and love Krylov. The one dude even says "its a gift from the MMA betting Gods Krylov is -150" lol
  • "Friends don't let friends bet on the girl who lost to Felice Herrig twice" lol so yeah they like KK a lot. They think the -250 price is good and expect it to get worse.
  • Heather Jo Clark was married to Diego Brandao?!?! lol
  • Really like Khabilov. One playing him straight the other by dec
  • Both like Madadi
  • These dudes must be really on top of following dudes on social media. They point out how Horiguchi is always doing absolutely nothing but training with the occasional fishing.
  • First full training camp for Waters (tidbit I think we all already knew).
  • Really like Gates (only people besides me so far)

http://www.ufc.ca/news/Struve-fights-at-home-for-first-time-in-UFC-ready-to-make-good-on-potential

Struve knows that Silva is a “big, strong, dangerous guy” who has the power to end anyone’s night in an instant, yet he’s sure that it will be him getting his hand raised at the Ahoy Rotterdam.

“You can’t let him do his thing but if I fight my fight, I see no way how he’s going to give me trouble.”

“One of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my career,” he says of his move to the Blackzilians in Boca Raton. “The coaches make me better every single day.”

“A lot of people would’ve given up, especially when they were told that there was something wrong with their heart," he said. "I think nine out of 10 people would’ve retired, but I didn’t. I think that says a lot about me.”

“Two or three years ago, with the health issues and all that, I don’t know (if I would’ve been ready). Now, I feel a hundred percent ready for this opportunity, to represent my country in a great way.”

“The sport has arrived. People are excited, it’s going to be amazing. I’m really looking forward to it. The arena is sold out and it’s going to be madness.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back