• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFN 146 on ESPN+ 4 Lewis vs Dos Santos

How can people say Brian Ortega is a fluke merchant but not Niko Price? Lol

Watching some marion reneau tape.

Striking isn't bad, but somehow she was down 2 rounds to Betche "female artem" correia

I get the difficulty trusting Means narrative i havent bet him since his Garcia fight. Had the two debacles with BC and just didnt seem to do enough in the Belal and Sergio fights. But in reality the Belal fight was very close, and he beat Sergio (MMA media scored it 13-1 Means). Sergio only got that as it was in Brazil. The td threat from Sergio probably played a part there, much like i think Garcia's td threat did too. But Means' tdd is pretty damn good now hes certainly worked on it a lot.

Regarding Niko he is on the same kinda level as Rainey, Homasi and Howard imo maybe slightly above them and look what Means did to all three. Niko is not good and hes chinny. Dropped by Morono, basically kod by Luque, hurt by Randy and potentially life altering ko last time against Razak. Whats Niko's path here? Ok he has power and the only path i see is a ko against a guy whos never been stopped. Niko's striking sucks was getting tooled by Morono until he started gassing. Randy Brown was on his way to winning until he got kod in the flukiest circumstances. I bet Niko over God awful George Sullivan and it was a horrible sweat. He was losing literally up until the point he finished. If i recall correctly Sullivan was outstriking him in the brief standup exchanges and i think he even stunned him. He isnt getting Means down in this fight Means can dictate where this fight goes and i think a standing ko from Means or gnp win like the Rainey fight are the two likeliest outcomes. I expect Means to walk thru this guy.
I get what you saying, I agree with what you're saying about Means mostly but you're probably underestimating Price a fair bit.

Means is 35 years old now, been in the game a long time, clearly on the decline, always been a one dimensional fighter. Look at the guys Tim Means has been beating in the UFC, absolute scrubs. But that doesn't stop Means from being overvalued against Belal and Moraes. He lost kickboxing matches to those guys and Means is meant to be this good stand up fighter.

I bet Moraes at like +170 vs Means, I thought Means maybe edged it but far from a robbery. Means should have known better and shown more urgency, he was fighting in Brazil.

Means is typically a decent defensive wrestler but look how Oliveira ragdolled him, Homasi and Howard also got him down multiple times. Why can't Price get him down too, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. And Price will have an advantage on the mat no doubt. Means not a good athlete and not very physical, expect Nico to be significantly stronger.

As usual I'm favoring youth and fading an older named guy that gets overvalued a lot. I think you're crazy if you think Means walks through Price, Means ain't walking through shit. Price has multiple paths to victory, I'm not super confident because Price is unpredictable but I favor him to beat the aging vet.

I get what you saying, I agree with what you're saying about Means mostly but you're probably underestimating Price a fair bit.

Means is 35 years old now, been in the game a long time, clearly on the decline, always been a one dimensional fighter. Look at the guys Tim Means has been beating in the UFC, absolute scrubs. But that doesn't stop Means from being overvalued against Belal and Moraes. He lost kickboxing matches to those guys and Means is meant to be this good stand up fighter.

I bet Moraes at like +170 vs Means, I thought Means maybe edged it but far from a robbery. Means should have known better and shown more urgency, he was fighting in Brazil.

Means is typically a decent defensive wrestler but look how Oliveira ragdolled him, Homasi and Howard also got him down multiple times. Why can't Price get him down too, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. And Price will have an advantage on the mat no doubt. Means not a good athlete and not very physical, expect Nico to be significantly stronger.

As usual I'm favoring youth and fading an older named guy that gets overvalued a lot. I think you're crazy if you think Means walks through Price, Means ain't walking through shit. Price has multiple paths to victory, I'm not super confident because Price is unpredictable but I favor him to beat the aging vet.

Wouldnt say hes clearly on a decline. Means has never been a top tier guy hes still doing what hes always done for me. Cmon he only lost a kickboxing match in the eyes of two judges against Sergio, everyone knows Means won that. You have to take the td threat into account there too, Means didnt want anything to do with that ground game.

His tdd has improved bigtime since the Homasi and Howard fights. Stuffed BC easily in fight one and actually man handled and took BC down from a body lock. Fight two was weird he broke his foot or some shit early and said the pain was unbearable and it threw him off. He showed solid af tdd against Garcia and stuffed Belal four times. Belal hit one td and Means was straight up. Youre sleeping on the improvements hes made. Niko is not going to be significantly stronger. I know Means used to be at lw but hes a big ww and i think he will be the stronger guy in there. Totally disagree Niko has multiple paths to victory. KO or bust but beauty is we find out in less than a week.

Wouldnt say hes clearly on a decline. Means has never been a top tier guy hes still doing what hes always done for me. Cmon he only lost a kickboxing match in the eyes of two judges against Sergio, everyone knows Means won that. You have to take the td threat into account there too, Means didnt want anything to do with that ground game.

His tdd has improved bigtime since the Homasi and Howard fights. Stuffed BC easily in fight one and actually man handled and took BC down from a body lock. Fight two was weird he broke his foot or some shit early and said the pain was unbearable and it threw him off. He showed solid af tdd against Garcia and stuffed Belal four times. Belal hit one td and Means was straight up. Youre sleeping on the improvements hes made. Niko is not going to be significantly stronger. I know Means used to be at lw but hes a big ww and i think he will be the stronger guy in there. Totally disagree Niko has multiple paths to victory. KO or bust but beauty is we find out in less than a week.
Yeah we gonna find out soon

It's a Nico Price fight so I wouldn't be too confident either way

Price via meme KO.......even though I actually think a submission or decision is more likely, Means never been KO'd

Yeah we gonna find out soon

It's a Nico Price fight so I wouldn't be too confident either way

Price via meme KO.......even though I actually think a submission or decision is more likely, Means never been KO'd

That paper mache chin would have me shook. Already showed a dodgy chin now Razak has prob put it into Diego and Gray territory!

Price opened his own gym prior to the Brown fight and seems to be his own head coach there training with amateurs. Doesn't look like he cross trains at any big gym either.

Marion, 41 year old school teacher, can't wrestle and can't win a kickboxing match vs Yana

Your'e kidding, right? The only reason Marion is playable here is precisely because she would annihliate Yana in a kickboxing match. She has probably the worst takedown defense in the entire UFC and is very old, but in terms of striking skill, this is about as big a mismatch as you will see in the UFC.

@Gugabe gets alerted anytime “Brian Ortega” is mentioned

Your'e kidding, right? The only reason Marion is playable here is precisely because she would annihliate Yana in a kickboxing match. She has probably the worst takedown defense in the entire UFC and is very old, but in terms of striking skill, this is about as big a mismatch as you will see in the UFC.
Cause as we all know Marion Reneau is the number 1 striker in WMMA. That dominant performance over Holly Holm says it all.

Cause as we all know Marion Reneau is the number 1 striker in WMMA. That dominant performance over Holly Holm says it all.

Your jackassery aside, Reneau's striking isn't the best in WMMA (nor did I ever claim this), but it's certainly in the top 20, possibly top 10 among all the female fighters I've seen. She has improved since the Holm fight too, despite her age. Kunitskaya's striking is plain bad, even when compared to the average WMMA UFC fighter at 135.

But hey, feel free to put even more money on Kunitskaya to prove me wrong!

Lol strong disagree

No way I see the old lady winning a kickboxing match vs Yana, I'm not even considering it

Price opened his own gym prior to the Brown fight and seems to be his own head coach there training with amateurs. Doesn't look like he cross trains at any big gym either.
Yeah he left one of those ATT affiliate gyms and started his own gym called Futures MMA. I don't know if he went into business alone or with someone else. He does have a head coach though and a bunch of other coaches.

Anybody know what Grant Dawson has been up to for the past 1.5 years? That's a long layoff for such a young prospect

Anybody know what Grant Dawson has been up to for the past 1.5 years? That's a long layoff for such a young prospect

Apparently he got suspended for an usada violation after his contender series fight, but it was a proven error, so he actually doesnt have any violation on recorded.

Back