UFC's Top 50 Moments of 2012. Do You Agree?

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It has aired on Fuel the past week or two. I don't feel like posting the whole top 50, but here is the top 10 (I didn't make the names, they are the names from the show):

10. Jones vs. Evans: Beef leading up to the fight and the fight itself.

9. Zombie Outbreak: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier.

8. Its Showtime!!!: Anthony Pettis KOs Joe Lauzon by headkick

7. Johnny Be Good (Spelled wrong lol): Hendricks KOs Kampmann cold.

6. Bones Don't Break: Jones defends the armbar and beats Vitor by submission.

5. The Man With The Iron Fist: Cung Le's brutal KO of Rich Franklin in China.

4. Aldo On The Money: Aldo KOs Mendes with the knee and runs straight into the Brazilian crowd.

3. He's Baaack: GSP's win over Condit despite the big headkick.

2. Agony of Da Feet: Barboza with the Wheel kick KO.

1. Silva vs. Sonnen 2: Anderson Silva beats Chael for a second time.

Here is the 1-25:
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/26/3803648/fuel-tv-names-ufcs-top-moments-of-2012

Here is 26-50
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/19/3785834/fuel-tv-names-ufcs-top-50-moments-of-2012

What do you think of their list? Anything you would add or take out?

Last edited:
I'd say they didn't do that bad of a job ranking everything.

I agree with it.

Yeah I agree. I think it was a good list overall to anyone who saw the whole top 50.

That's true. I agreed how they listed the KO's, too. I always had Aldo's over Cung's, and Pettis' headkick was defiantly top 10 worthy imo. :cool:

I agree with it but once you sum 2012 up like that, it was just a decent year, not a really great one. Have high hopes for 2013 though.

I agree with it but once you sum 2012 up like that, it was just a decent year, not a really great one. Have high hopes for 2013 though.

Yeah it is kind of a bummer. No HUGE upsets like Shogun/Forrest or Serra/GSP.

They left out Diaz earning his title shot.

126_Nick_Diaz_vs_Carlos_Condit_gallery_post_large_medium.jpg

I loved Aldo running out into the crowd! I had a pic from that as my screen saver for months

need to see the entire 50.

must include epic comebacks by craig, delorme, and boetsch.

Wow that is a terrible list. All those UFC list shows suck. They still think Forrest-Bonnar is the most entertaining fight.:rolleyes:

I'm biased, but I think Gaudinot vs Lineker was one of the best fights of the year. The names aren't that big and neither are the fighters, but both guys are ranked higher than Barry and Del Rosario, and the fight was pulling Frye vs Takayama comparisons out of Rogan.

I'm biased, but I think Gaudinot vs Lineker was one of the best fights of the year. The names aren't that big and neither are the fighters, but both guys are ranked higher than Barry and Del Rosario, and the fight was pulling Frye vs Takayama comparisons out of Rogan.

The comparisons are a bit off, but it was a great fight for sure.

I agree with the list, especially number 1. There was something magical about that UFC 148.

Back