UFC156 Aldo vs edgar preview

Incredibly pumped for this card, 2013 is off to a good start.

I know people will call me crazy but I think Frankie should be favored in this fight. We know for a fact he will not gas, I know its his first 145 fight but he's a pro and will come in prepared. Aldo has shown he does not have the best gas tank.

I see Aldo having success early but if Frankie can avoid the KO which I think he can i'm pretty confident he'll coast to a victory late in the fight. See Velazquez vs JDS 2.

I know people will call me crazy but I think Frankie should be favored in this fight. We know for a fact he will not gas, I know its his first 145 fight but he's a pro and will come in prepared. Aldo has shown he does not have the best gas tank.

I see Aldo having success early but if Frankie can avoid the KO which I think he can i'm pretty confident he'll coast to a victory late in the fight. See Velazquez vs JDS 2.

Yeah, because you can so clearly judge Aldo from the Hominick fight, where he was sick and had a very bad weight cut because of his illness and an injury leading up to the fight, but ignore his fight with Kenny Florian in which he did not gas in the 5 round fight.

Besides, this fight isn't going 5 rounds. It doesn't start off with their gas tanks limited. It starts with them being fresh and on the feet, and Edgar is in a world of trouble standing with Jose Aldo. I love Frankie, but I just don't see how he wins this fight.

with the popular motivated BJ, 1st round lauzon, broke fitch, ADCC hunt, i would like to welcome the most exciting one of all. pissed off edgar.

Aldo won't pick his shots, because he's completely unafraid of going to the ground. So he'll be a lot harder to deal with standing up. He's much more well rounded than JDS. He's also a MT stylist and not a boxer and Frankie doesn't exactly have enormous reach. I still see Edgar as the favorite like you do, but I think the fight will be super close unlike Junior vs. Cain II and Frankie might will get dropped and finished.

This card is gonna be epic! im pumped 2 of my favourite fighters so i'll be happy with whoever wins

ALDO!!!!!!!!! Evans!!!! Overeem! I'm so pumped for this one. Words cannot describe.

Im glad I got Edgar at a +260! No way he should be that big an underdog. Its definitely possible and even fairly probable Edgar can win 3 out of 5 rounds by movement, jabbing, and landing the double every round and not doing much with it but scoring "points" to a win.

pretty pumped up for this card. aldo is the favorite to win but im rooting for edgar.

And why the hell is Evans fighting Nog who has lost as much as he has won in the UFC and not defeated anyone in the Top 10????

no way edgar should be the favorite, and i am surprised the odds are as close as they are anyway. i was expecting edgar to be closer to +250 up to +300....

anyhow, edgar a solid dog in this.

That's a pretty gnarly scar that Bendo left on his mug. I hope Fe takes it.

Edgar/Overeem/Evans

Toss up between Maia and Fitch for me... Leaning towards Maia, seeing Erick Silva almost submitting Fitch has me a tad bit convinced.

no way edgar should be the favorite, and i am surprised the odds are as close as they are anyway. i was expecting edgar to be closer to +250 up to +300....

anyhow, edgar a solid dog in this.

I disagree. In my opinion Frankie won his last fight and should be the 155lb champ right now. I just dont think Aldo will be able to handle the pace Frankie sets. Good thing we get to find out soon. I'm surprised theres not more hype surrounding this fight.

Back