PBP UFC TUF 23 Finale: Jedrzejczyk Vs. Gadelha II Main Card PBP (Discussion) 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

With 60 seconds left in round 1 was when i first noticed claudia was gassing out.
I understand why all the takedowns and the struggles against the fence, but really claudia should of kept striking with her for longer in the first part of the fight.
Whenever she got a clean hit to JJ's head you could see the power she had when compared to her opponent. It would of just been a matter of time before she knocked JJ down again, or staggered her at the very least .

I'm not an elite athlete so i wonder how one who has trained for most of their life, especially in the lead up to a fight. how they can gas out so quickly. What are the reasons? I've heard people mention adrenaline when talking about this subject, so how does that work?
fighting with too much emotion and carrying too much muscle mass.

I will be watching the fight just now. But I'm really sad to know that Gadelha lost :(

Gadelha should have won. She had round 1-3.
Even if you see it that way, Joanna deserves 10-8 in round 4 and arguably 5 as well. So she wins anyway.

jj punched alot of air
imo claudia won by one round
draw would be ok too

20-18 Claudia
like i said shes the superior allaround blanket and will most likely only lose if she gasses. Joanna can get a KO with her handspeed

Fixed.
Also, gass tank is what champions must have. Claudia can be a 3rd champ. Unfortunately, there is no such thing in UFC.

It's funny people here trying to justify 10-8 rounds for Joanna, yet the poll yesterday who won the fight Roy or Black Beast was in favor of Roy, which is ridiculous, he had even worse sig strikes ratio in entire fight than Claudia had in later rounds.
It all comes down to who are you rooting for, and form an opinion from there, it's just silly how biased are people.

I will be watching the fight just now. But I'm really sad to know that Gadelha lost :(
She did well, but got tired as the fight went on. She won rounds 1 and 2, and round 3 was close, she lost round 4 and 5 though.

Didn't watch it live, just watched it now.

Very disappointed in Claudia. After all that talk and all that time she had to prepare she still didn't have cardio to go at least 3 rounds hard enough to win them decisively? Nova Uniao strikes again. They just refuse to acknowledge they need to change and work on something (like Claudia's cardio, Barao's gameplan). Uniao's game is "Bro you never lost, it was a fluke. Just do what you are doing and never change anything".

Then in last 2 rounds Claudia just gave up. Lookes pretty terrible. She was just standing there doing pretty much nothing. She didn't want it as bad as Joanna.

Props to Joanna, I don't see anyone beating her in that weight class.

Last edited:
what do you get out of MMA besides an outlet for your bitching? I don't think I've ever read anything positive or insightful from you.
thats his whole thing, negative shit to wind people up, hes the sherdog eeyore... if sherdog was a party hed be the miserable fucker on his own in the corner.
eeyore-1.gif

People complaining about the decision only have Claudia's gas tank to blame. At least Joanna was prepared to go five hard rounds.

The significant strikes count is so subjective. Half of JJ's pitter patter strikes were somehow recorded as significant strikes

I blame the inconsistency of judges in their use of the 10-8 for any controversy.
Round 4 was a clear 10-8.

10-8 rounds should be more common, or 10-10 rounds.

We see so many fights decided by a whisker, by one fighter barely edging out a round, rounds where there was a clear and obvious winner should be scored that way. If you watch a round and there's little or no question who won it, that should mean more than a round where it's a coin toss.

The significant strikes count is so subjective. Half of JJ's pitter patter strikes were somehow recorded as significant strikes

MMA is figure skating with knockouts and submissions.

It's funny people here trying to justify 10-8 rounds for Joanna, yet the poll yesterday who won the fight Roy or Black Beast was in favor of Roy, which is ridiculous, he had even worse sig strikes ratio in entire fight than Claudia had in later rounds.
It all comes down to who are you rooting for, and form an opinion from there, it's just silly how biased are people.
How do you know it's the same people scoring those two simply based on a poll? Sounds like you're being deliberately obtuse.

Very disappointed in Claudia. After all that talk and all that time she had to prepare she still didn't have cardio to go at least 3 rounds hard enough to win them decisively? Nova Uniao strikes again. They just refuse to acknowledge they need to change and work on something (like Claudia's cardio, Barao's gameplan). Uniao's game is "Bro you never lost, it was a fluke. Just do what you are doing and never change anything".

Claudia was even telling interviewers that she expected to get better and better as the fight went to more rounds. I think she used her first fight with Joanna as an example of that pattern (the judges scored her as winning the third round of that fight).

But I saw that first fight differently. Going into that fight I already knew of Claudia's reputation for gassing, so I was looking for it. And she was indeed gassing in that first fight. So why was she able to win the 3rd round? I think it was the head clash that stopped the fight that allowed her to win that third round. Yes, I know that she was the one who took the most damage from that head clash, but I think that the stopping of the fight to examine her cut allowed her time to recover from the gassing that was already occurring before that point. Before the head clash (which seems to have been Claudia's fault, by the way) she was going downhill fast. After the break in the fight to examine her cut, I thought she looked much much fresher.

So, despite Claudia having won the 3rd round of their first fight, I was telling people that Claudia missed her chance when she didn't succeed against Joanna in that 3 round fight, because fighting five rounds was not going to favor her.

I've heard people mention adrenaline when talking about this subject, so how does that work?
in a small way its like people who go into shock after an incident,bar fight,car accidient,so on and so forth...having as much muscle doesn't help either.

Back