PBP UFC TUF 23 Finale: Jedrzejczyk Vs. Gadelha II Main Card PBP (Discussion) 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Weak 10-8s brah. She wasn't Jones in the 4th and 5th against Gus, or Lawler in the 5th against Condit.

She throws 1 significant strike out of 5, and the other 4 are weak even for a 115 pound woman.

Its moot here, but if those 10-8s decided the fight, it would be pretty weak.

10-8s are justifiable for either insane damage inflicted by one fighter (think Glover vs. Maldonado or Gray vs. Edgar I) or lopsided offense that favors one fighter in my opinion. That's why you could have Rountree never look like he was ever in danger of being stopped but Sanchez still notches up the 10-8.

The question is did Claudia do enough in round 4 to avoid losing the round 10-8 since Joanna was definitely far more active and picking her apart.

In a lot of ways it's subjective because there are fights we've seen where really lopsided rounds do not get a 10-8. But I think you can definitely make the argument that that one round- round 4 might have been a 10-8 given the lopsided nature of Joanna's offense in that round.

There was tons of offense from Joanna. Claudia's was more effective and soundly won a 10-9.

Man, you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s do some serious mental gymnastics when fights dont go the way you want them to.
Lol I was completely neutral on this fight and scored it 48-47 for JJ. The people trying to justify the 10-8 rounds need to learn how to score fight. Like I said in another thread if those were 10-8's, Flabio vs Fedor round 1 must have been 10-5.

joanna is quite fast but he striking skills are shit, you guys on here hyped her up so much

what do you get out of MMA besides an outlet for your bitching? I don't think I've ever read anything positive or insightful from you.

10-8s are justifiable for either insane damage inflicted by one fighter (think Glover vs. Maldonado or Gray vs. Edgar I) or lopsided offense that favors one fighter in my opinion. That's why you could have Rountree never look like he was ever in danger of being stopped but Sanchez still notches up the 10-8.

The question is did Claudia do enough in round 4 to avoid losing the round 10-8 since Joanna was definitely far more active and picking her apart.

In a lot of ways it's subjective because there are fights we've seen where really lopsided rounds do not get a 10-8. But I think you can definitely make the argument that that one round- round 4 might have been a 10-8 given the lopsided nature of Joanna's offense in that round.

I blame the inconsistency of judges in their use of the 10-8 for any controversy.
Round 4 was a clear 10-8.

Joanna dominated the 3rd 4th and 5th, she completely dominated the 4th and 5th. I admire her grit and heart, i wish McGregor had as much and i am a huge McGregor fan. this is the reason i want a 5 round war with Diaz, so he can show exactly what Joanna did tonight. great fight and great Champ.

great fight.... Claudia won the first two rounds but JJ took over from that point..

Lol I was completely neutral on this fight and scored it 48-47 for JJ. The people trying to justify the 10-8 rounds need to learn how to score fight. Like I said in another thread if those were 10-8's, Flabio vs Fedor round 1 must have been 10-5.

Fedor produced offense in round 1. A lot. Fabio's was overwhelming but Fedor produced. Claudia did nothing. A 10-8 isnt about getting close to a finish, its a ratio of output. Usually that output almost leads to a finish. at 115lbs between two women, it doesnt. Claudia was dismanted, beaten to a pulp, wobbled, countered and clowned. 4 was a textbook 10-8

Well, as much as I hate her lame schtick/persona, JJ's just the better overall mma fighter, period.

Claudia summoned EVERYTHING in the tank/toolbox and could hang with her for like 2 & half rounds, but was only just surviving in the last two. And she was wall'n'stallin' like hell throughout the fight. Hell, JJ probably could of finished her if she would of poured it on just a little more in the 4th/5th. JJ's just one absolute hell of a fighter.

I can't even imagine anyone that could beat her at this point, I mean, Claudia herself is miles ahead of pretty much the whole division. Only father time, or outside of that like a SERIOUS injury could derail her reign at this point methinks.

Alright.. Three stars for tonight:

3) Tatiana Sanchez - That choke was vicious as fuck.
2) Joanna Jedrzejczyk - Come from behind win to defend the belt, and showed why she's champ!
1) Doo Ho Choi - That right hand was NASTY!

Agree?

Last edited:
what do you get out of MMA besides an outlet for your bitching? I don't think I've ever read anything positive or insightful from you.
Spreading the truth

which is very satisfying

Claudia needed to refuel during the second pit-stop, when she was 2 laps ahead.
I blame Pederneiras's strategy and the wall of Scuderia Gadelha for Joanna's overtaking (via spoilers) in the scorecards.
Good race from both drivers.

It all sums up for whom you scored 3rd round. I watched the fight without a sound. Without the commentary. And I had it:
1st Claudia 10 9
2nd Claudia 10 9
3rd Draw 10 10
4th Joanna 10 9
5th Joanna 10 9

...sorry.

With 60 seconds left in round 1 was when i first noticed claudia was gassing out.
I understand why all the takedowns and the struggles against the fence, but really claudia should of kept striking with her for longer in the first part of the fight.
Whenever she got a clean hit to JJ's head you could see the power she had when compared to her opponent. It would of just been a matter of time before she knocked JJ down again, or staggered her at the very least .

I'm not an elite athlete so i wonder how one who has trained for most of their life, especially in the lead up to a fight. how they can gas out so quickly. What are the reasons? I've heard people mention adrenaline when talking about this subject, so how does that work?

Back