• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC: The Time is Now Press Conference DISCUSSION (Video)

With such big names there I hope their inside man aka Scott Coker has sold Bellator.

Whats the over/under on Nick Diaz even being there?

Danas "major" announcements are always minor to me

What are the odds of another Jones/DC brawl?

higher than 0% less than 1% Dana would fucking flip shit if they did it again. The first time looked bad for them but got a bunch of hype. Doing it again would look terribly unprofessional and I don't think would hype the fight much more at all. Now an intense stare of a small shove or some quality trash talk would be fine.

i didn't even think they'd do face offs, but you're right, that would be great.

if they announce uniforms or something else equally as lame, we better get some damn face offs to smooth things over...

i gotta see silva diaz face off... even if they both are respectful of each other... i just gotta see it... today. lol

Whats the over/under on Nick Diaz even being there?

Danas "major" announcements are always minor to me

This will be the story of the day. :icon_lol:

I can imagine how awkward he will be during the entire thing. Will he show up in a suit? lol

I think it might be Gina Carano. I just noticed Rhonda is taking over E!s twitter account for the event. I mean why would an entertainment channel cover a sporting press conference? When have they covered UFC press conferences in the past? It must mean Carano(movie star) signed a deal to fight.

I think it might be Gina Carano. I just noticed Rhonda is taking over E!s twitter account for the event. I mean why would an entertainment channel cover a sporting press conference? When have they covered UFC press conferences in the past? It must mean Carano(movie star) signed a deal to fight.

Could it be Cyborg rather than Carano?

Why would E! cover that though? Plus I think they wanted her to fight in Invicta first to prove she could make 135. Personally would prefer if Cyborg never fought in the UFC, I don't want a life time PED user to get rewarded for cheating.

Yeah I had actually thought that Carano could be an option as well.

They're probably just going to announce the introduction of fighter uniforms plus one card for 2015 or something.
Cyborg will never fight in the UFC that chick can barely make 135.

Last edited:
Prepare for the underwhelming...

From UFC facebook page. They will have all the fighters there probably just to announce their fights in 2015. Nothing that we already didn't know.

10710583_10152802355486276_3506029500604240438_n.jpg

I'm guessing Randy is coming back to fight Jones.

IMO the news that Brock or gsp are back wouldn't be appropriate for this kind of event. This event is like a culmination so it's most likely some deal they've signed. Maybe one sponsor on their uniforms and they get like
$15m A year for it and now the whole UFC business model Is different etc.

What would uniforms even mean? When I imagine uniforms, I think of all the fighters wearing UFC branded hoodies or polos at press conferences and stuff

The rumors have been the UFC signing an exclusive deal with a large brand sports apparel company (Under Armour is what I've read the most). So the "uniforms" could potentially be that everyone will wear UA branded gear (or whoever the deal is with), with room for certain individual sponsors, etc.

Back