UFC 'talking about' Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas for UFC 169 in New Jersey

So what happened to the Aldo-Pettis fight? Did Jose not have the option to retain his belt and opted not to take it?

That would have been far more interesting than Pettis-Punk or Aldo-Lamas, imo.

It would, but Pettis has a fight signed against Thomson. Even if they believe that Pettis will win, they know that Anthony gets injured all the time, so i don't think they wanted Aldo to wait for him.

And about that option you talked about, i don't think they are letting Jose keep his FW belt to fight for the LW title, so who knows what they'll do....

Makes sense but I think they are going to have to stack the card for it to sell with Aldo/Lamas headlining. I think maybe going with Cruz/Barao as Co-Main if available would be ideal. Benson on the card as well would make a lot of sense. Might not be great for big sales but I'm pumped for Aldo vs Lamas.

i like lamas and will be happy to see him get his shot, but for some reason I feel he isnt ready for the shot yet. I can not point to anything that makes me feel that way.

Lamas has a good chance if he can end up on top, I just don't see it happening.

It would, but Pettis has a fight signed against Thomson. Even if they believe that Pettis will win, they know that Anthony gets injured all the time, so i don't think they wanted Aldo to wait for him.

And about that option you talked about, i don't think they are letting Jose keep his FW belt to fight for the LW title, so who knows what they'll do....

what i dont understand is BJ was allowed to go up to WW and challenge GSP with no issue so why not Aldo/Pettis which is sure to be a far more entertaining fight that could lead to a hell of a rivalry

This should already be signed.

i think it is time for that rematch too, they want a rematch against the champ, they're at the top of the division, it is only fair that they rematch each other first.
edit: except that i forgot that Mendes will fight Lentz.. lame fight.

UFC is feeding Mendes boring wrestlers who can't strike against him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back